Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

12 hours ago, Odessa said:

It just says "early 2019" on the site, so if anyone hears anything about volunteering applications opening pls pop it on here. Cos I'm gonna do it on day one ideally, assuming the lineup is aight.

Says Jan 7th here, but still not opened yet I don't think

https://www.facebook.com/greenmansteward/posts/10161107821085262

I reckon, hopefully:

Idles, The National, Sharon Van Etten, Mount Eerie

3 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Idles for the Thursday then C Barn/Car Seat Headrest, The National and New Order for me

They've said no Knifey Spoony Barnett on Twitter, and I reckon New Order are way out of remit and price range (especially if they have The National).

Sticking with The National, First Aid Kit, Father John Misty, but nobody can ever predict who the Green Man will put forward.

4 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

1559290905_Screenshot_20190110-0929352.thumb.png.de654bd7becf9f53447520f416751841.png

??? Could it be!?

If Green Man pull out both the avalanches and the national I will be over the moon! Saying that the avalanches were slightly disappointing at Glastonbury a couple of years ago but I certainly wouldn't be adverse to having another boogie 

Just now, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

??? You surely must be thinking of somebody else here, that set was hands down the best of the weekend

We shall have to agree to disagree on that one, remember walking away and being a bit gutted but it probably had something to do with how much I had hyped it up in my head beforehand 

29 minutes ago, rug568 said:

Avalanches are probably the most disappointing band i've ever seen.  They were terrible at field day 2016. Really terrible. 

IIRC that ended up just being a dj set didn't it? Seem to recall they couldn't get visas for most of their live band so in the end they reduced it to dj sets for most of that summer tour

17 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

:blink:

sound was dreadful, singers were shouty, and there wasn't anything of the display of huge talent which they gave when touring in 2001.

Some of the the DJ sets they did back then looked incredible, I’d be more interested in something like that then their show nowadays. Don’t think Dexter is a member any more though is he?

43 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Some of the the DJ sets they did back then looked incredible, I’d be more interested in something like that then their show nowadays. Don’t think Dexter is a member any more though is he?

I saw both of a live set and a DJ set back then. The DJ set was very good, but the live set was on a different level, I always describe it as jaw-droppingly good. Without a doubt one of the best ever. 

You're right, no Dexter now. I'm sure Dexter made a difference, but it was about much more than Dexter for the live set.

5 minutes ago, DDave said:

https://www.facebook.com/22208001552/posts/10156216328246553/

The Facebook page has JOY not Joys in Capitals. Can't mean anything other than Idles headlining to me.

I'll stick with FJM / The National / Idles

I'd be happy with that trio, but would prefer someone other than FJM. Was an absolute bore at APE before Bjork last year.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Idles are so low down Boardmasters that they’re not even on the homepage. How they gonna chuffing headline a more expensive festival? 

Different crowd. They've had a big year, been in the top 5 of most albums of the year lists. As I've said before, if King Giz can headline it then so can Idles.

Edited by DDave

22 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Idles are so low down Boardmasters that they’re not even on the homepage. How they gonna chuffing headline a more expensive festival? 

They're the next band listed on the poster, and those on there are actual huge mainstream commercial acts (and Franz, who were one not so long ago)  Though they're also  fourth on the bill of Bring Me The Horizon's day at All Points East (behind Nothing But Thieves, whoever they are)

That all said, different target audiences mean different priorities, Solange went in a year from second stage at Lovebox to headlining Latitude without anything new in between - not to mention King Gizzard going from third from top of EOTR's Big Top in 2016 to headlining GM '17.

Edited by SweepingTheNation

11 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

They're the next band listed on the poster, and those on there are actual huge mainstream commercial acts (and Franz, who were one not so long ago)  Though they're also  fourth on the bill of Bring Me The Horizon's day at All Points East (behind Nothing But Thieves, whoever they are)

That all said, different target audiences mean different priorities, Solange went in a year from second stage at Lovebox to headlining Latitude without anything new in between - not to mention King Gizzard going from third from top of EOTR's Big Top in 2016 to headlining GM '17.

Gizz headlined GM ‘18, released five albums in between and sold out a bunch of dates including Brixton. Massive cult following too - not dissimilar to if Mac DeMarco headlined really. And they’d already headlined Thursday right?

Also I know of at least two bands who are getting added above Idles  at APE. I know they’ve blown up but their second album came out only four months ago; they don’t seem to be taking slots that reflect this newfound status. They’ll be a marquee name for a lot of people but won’t get the top billing.

6 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Idles seem like a decent shout for the Thursday headliner but I can't seem them as one of the main ones. Not sure who else I'm expecting though other than The National and Father John Misty. Beach House or Jon Hopkins would be ideal.

Hmm if they’re playing Far Out it’d have to be against someone.

They seemed to be pretty gutted not to have booked any female headliners last year. Assuming that National and Father John haven’t been passed up then I can’t see there not being a woman or a female-fronted band (it’s shit but a drummer probably doesn’t suffice, sadly) rounding out the trio. Even if it means going low or slightly out of the box.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They seemed to be pretty gutted not to have booked any female headliners last year. Assuming that National and Father John haven’t been passed up then I can’t see there not being a woman or a female-fronted band (it’s shit but a drummer probably doesn’t suffice, sadly) rounding out the trio. Even if it means going low or slightly out of the box.

Surely that's Sharon Van Etten's slot.

Wanting Big Thief at the fest too. And Boygenius or Big Red Machine but I reckon they're both unlikely.