Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

I like all three of those but it doesn’t seem like a Green Man lineup at all. New Order are reportedly at Blue Dot anyway.

Padre and The National seem fairly clear and straightforward bookings for two of the headline slots so far. I think they’ll look to get a female voice in as the last name but apart from Shan Van 3000 - who I expect will hit up EOTR - I don’t right know who it could be.

11 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

The National, Father John Misty, First Aid Kit would be dream-level stuff.

Agree that New Order seem a v unlikely fit for Green Man.

Could Jon Hopkins be on the cards?

Hoppo is supposedly as Blue Dot as well, so maybe not. 

FJM, The National, Beach House. Someone lock it in. 

On 12/7/2018 at 2:14 PM, SweepingTheNation said:

Not that I think they will, but I love how there's a thought on here that Idles could headline Green Man while in another thread there's a debate about whether they're big enough to headline 2000 Trees.

As someone who has been to both (and plans on being at both next year) I've entertained myself lately thinking about which bands you could see at both. It's a fairly short list! Idles, Manchester Orchestra, Car Seat Headrest, Frank Turner, Shame. That's about as many as I've got!

6 hours ago, Chawk said:

Courtney Barnett and Spiritulized apparently not in this year. 

Wonder if it’s cos they’re at EOTR?

The roll call of acts touring around GM ‘19 is pretty noice now. Disregarding UK acts, there’s already The National, FJM, Mitski, Big Thief, Robyn (tho apparently at Latitude), Jonathan Wilson, Kadhja Bonet, Car Seat Headrest, Alvvays, Yo La Tengo, Hinds and Japanese Breakfast - and it’s GM’s turn for custody of most of those. Not meaning to set too high expectations but that’s a nice looking selection.

9 hours ago, eFestivals said:

not sure how much he's involved now. EOTR is run by Lauren Down nowadays I think.

From an interview with Lauren earlier this year

"What goes into planning the lineup?

So much, I actually don’t really know where to start. Simon Taffe, one of the festival’s founders, books the bands. The lineup is really a reflection of his tastes and pulled together with input from everyone else who works here."

Full interview here http://www.vinylettes.com/eotr-lauren-down/