Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

David Byrne at the top of the Latitude line-up would probably make a lot of sense?

Does anyone know when the first announcement for Green Man usually is? I'm hoping for one killer act before the volunteering opens so I'm motivated to get in there first and get first dibs on shifts.

See I say about how they need someone sick playing to reel me in, but then I go and see The Brian Jonestown Massacre and I remember this festival had them and The War On Drugs playing not only on the same weekend, but at the same time. See you down south in God's own country next August.

Tryna keep my finger off the purchase button for Dandy Warhols tickets rn cos I'm a bit skint. BJM were mint but still reminded me of the Dandys, and they're not quite on their level.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw First Aid Kit a couple of nights ago with support from The Staves. As someone who likes FAK without being a massive fan, they completely blew me away. They are fantastic performers (especially with the whole band behind them) and their songs were so much better live than on record. The light show they brought with them was also really amazing. 

I'm sure they've played GM before at some point but I would love to see them headline next year. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jackarmy said:

Went to watch Underworld in the Warehouse Project on Friday. I think they'd make a cracking headliner for Green Man if they wanted to go for someone electronic. They'd probably be within their price range as well, looking at who they've had in the past...

I've just bought a ticket to see them at Village Underground in London early December - can't wait! 

They would certainly be an interesting choice - they've had Hot Chip headline in the past so there's precedent for an "electronic" headliner. 

2 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Yeah, I thought that too. Not sure they've had anyone quite like them before though? 

They were really, really good weren't they? Best set of the three times I've seen em. 

I suppose Hot Chip, and there's always a smattering of critically acclaimed electronica throughout the lineup in recent times. They're local lads (well, formed in Cardiff anyway) - I think they would go down well with the older ravers at Green Man....

Aye, first time I've seen them at their own gig, didn't disappoint. Was impressed by Store Street as a venue as well, had heard mixed reviews before this.

1 minute ago, jackarmy said:

I suppose Hot Chip, and there's always a smattering of critically acclaimed electronica throughout the lineup in recent times. They're local lads (well, formed in Cardiff anyway) - I think they would go down well with the older ravers at Green Man....

Aye, first time I've seen them at their own gig, didn't disappoint. Was impressed by Store Street as a venue as well, had heard mixed reviews before this.

Mmm Hot Chip are very much on the 'band' side of things though. I dunno, I've never really paid much attention to Green Man but it seems like it might be a risky one. 

Store Street is cool yeah. It felt a lot more roomy than LCD last year thankfully.