Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

Early bird tickets go on sale tomorrow morning (Thursday 27th September), in case you forgot. Here is a thread for next year's Green Man.

I'll be back again next year, but no early bird tickets because alas I have no money at this time.

It'd be nice to see Cat Power headline, maybe an electronic act as well (I wouldn't say no to Caribou). We can all bank on welcome returns from stuff like incomparable Welsh scenery, incredible food vendors, and most likely a lot of rain seeing as it decided to take a year off this time.

Do some wishlists, discuss Green Man 2019.

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Early bird tickets go on sale tomorrow morning (Thursday 27th September), in case you forgot. Here is a thread for next year's Green Man.

I'll be back again next year, but no early bird tickets because alas I have no money at this time.

It'd be nice to see Cat Power headline, maybe an electronic act as well (I wouldn't say no to Caribou). We can all bank on welcome returns from stuff like incomparable Welsh scenery, incredible food vendors, and most likely a lot of rain seeing as it decided to take a year off this time.

Do some wishlists, discuss Green Man 2019.

I'm going Beck for a headliner, + either Suede, the Pixies or New Order plus something more recent, cheaper and probably female. 

Edited by DiscothequeDave

7 hours ago, SighMo said:

I'll be hitting the Early Bird queue in the morning; it'll be my 3rd year on the trot.

As for acts? Happy to know they'll come up with the goods again....would like Ezra Furman to show up though.

I really enjoyed Ezra Furman at Shaky Knees earlier this year and would love to see  him at Green Man. Glastonbury is at a bad time of June for me this year so will not be going.  So I think Green Man will be my little adventure for 2019.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Must be a decent chance of Yo La Tengo, Alvvays, Japanese Breakfast and perhaps Camera Obscura following the Boaty Weekender docking in Sardinia a few days before.

I'll take Alvvays and Japanese Breakfast and Camera Obscura, but YLT were right boring at End Of The Road.

20 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Would My Bloody Valentine be the right size for a headliner here? 

it's a difficult one. they've got a lot of fan boys/girls but not sure they have the broad appeal for a headliner. 

Although i suppose you could say that about king gizz. But then i guess gizz were a lot cheaper than MBV would be. 

Basically i don't know 

16 minutes ago, rug568 said:

it's a difficult one. they've got a lot of fan boys/girls but not sure they have the broad appeal for a headliner. 

Although i suppose you could say that about king gizz. But then i guess gizz were a lot cheaper than MBV would be. 

Basically i don't know 

Yeah that's pretty much what I was thinking too. I guess they probably are big enough but you'd need the other headliners to be pretty strong too.

I'll be waiting for general sale. Went for the first time this year and it was brilliant.

New Order would be a perfect headliner I reckon.

MBV is an interesting one - clearly not as popular as bands like The War on Drugs these days but bigger than Mount Kimbie/Teenage Fanclub/BJM. Not sure where they would go if they were booked - would personally love them to headline but not sure it would work (commercially at least).

Other headliners: Sufjan Stevens, Nick Cave (too big?), Beach House, Aphex Twin (?!), Pixies, Bjork (too big?), Caribou, LCD Soundsystem (too big?), Sigur Ros, L'orde (not sure if she'd fit the festival), First Aid Kit...

Other bands I'd love to see on the line up: Idles, Alvvays, US Girls, The Breeders, Mitski, Mount Eerie, Hatchie, Car Seat Headrest, Jens Lekman, Julien Baker, Four Tet, Julia Hotler

1 hour ago, rug568 said:

Basically i don't know 

You could easily say the same about James Blake in 2016 or Beirut and Neutral Milk Hotel from 2014, though. I definitely think you could have them headline if you have them as a UK festival exclusive and maybe two more secure crowd pullers for the other full days.

16 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

You could easily say the same about James Blake in 2016 or Beirut and Neutral Milk Hotel from 2014, though. I definitely think you could have them headline if you have them as a UK festival exclusive and maybe two more secure crowd pullers for the other full days.

Yeh I agree. If they were slotted in with more secure crowd pullers like David Byrne, Tame Impala or something it could work very well. 

Dream headliners for me would be MBV, Beach House and Sigur Ros. 

Edited by lessthanwill1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!  I am investigating how UK festivals are engaging with environmental issues as part of my undergraduate dissertation at Cardiff University. I am asking festival-goers to fill in a short (2-3 minute) survey on their views of this, and hope that you will take part!

The link to the survey is: https://getfoureyes.com/s/f893L/

If you wish to contact me for any additional information or queries my email address is: amywhitcherdissertation@gmail.com

Thank you to anyone who takes part :)

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

unlikely Byrne will play festival shows I think, as it's a very choreographed show that needs a stage of a certain size and a very specific lighting set-up.

He played several European and US festivals this year with the same show (with less songs though!)

Edited by zahidf