Trying new experiences at Glastonbury

Mich1268

I am already thinking about the things I am looking forward to doing again if I am lucky enough to get tickets. Massage on Thursday, Craig Charles on Friday etc etc But I feel I am becoming too much of a creature of habit. Does anyone have suggestions of experiences they would recommend doing that I may not have thought of? I think I might have to see Hobo Jones at Avalon, never even been in the tent and quite fancy that posh sit down food place for a change, power ballad yoga? Any ideas most welcome.

8 minutes ago, Mich1268 said:

I am already thinking about the things I am looking forward to doing again if I am lucky enough to get tickets. Massage on Thursday, Craig Charles on Friday etc etc But I feel I am becoming too much of a creature of habit. Does anyone have suggestions of experiences they would recommend doing that I may not have thought of? I think I might have to see Hobo Jones at Avalon, never even been in the tent and quite fancy that posh sit down food place for a change, power ballad yoga? Any ideas most welcome.

nothing different to recommend but Hobo in Avalon is a great fun  way to start the festival .... there is loads im still to do but if im having fun doing what im used to I see little reason to change too much .... I try and do a couple of new things each year ... a lot of the fun things can be  off the cuff anyway so maybe fewer plans and more bimbling about 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Mich1268 said:

Shrooms

• Upvote 1

Bimble,  Sit, Drink, Smoke, Drop or Sniff . Then Drink again and Bimble more until you need to Sit. Then when you've Sat long enough have a Smoke and A sniff and Bimble more.  When the Bimble becomes an effort Sit for the next Drink and have a Smoke. If the next Bimble is starting to feel an effort a Sniff may just get you Bimbling again. (This plan is not written in stone, please amend order to suit.)

PLEASE DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME.  There isn't enough room to Bimble in the average home. xD

Edited by mashedonmud
  • Upvote 2

Hobo Jones - yes

Power Ballad Yoga - YES! 

Also try Lloyd Grossman's band on Thursday (The New Forbidden) - usually the first thing we see. They're actually pretty good but the best part is a small group of hardcore "fans" singing "We love Lloyd's pasta sauce" at the top of their lungs and throwing packets of it around.

Do some crafts? Spoon carving was cool.

When I went on my own for the first time last year I made a point of doing a few things I'd not done before:

• Go to the eFests meet on Wed
  • Actually get close and watch the fireworks properly
  • Watch someone at Speaker's Corner
  • Hobo Jones on the Friday
  • Get a coffee and chill out in The Woods
  • Watch (or join in) the demos in the Craft Fields (I watched a chap making jewellery and a bow and arrow)
  • If it's something different for you, go vegetarian (or even vegan) for a day.  See what new foods you end up trying. Or just set yourself the challenge of a day to eat at food stands you've never tried.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

• If it's something different for you, go vegetarian (or even vegan) for a day.  See what new foods you end up trying. Or just set yourself the challenge of a day to eat at food stands you've never tried.

My festival rule is that i'm never allowed to eat at the same stall twice during the event. Makes me go outside the routine. Of course, it brings with it another set of problems - do i have my favourite food on the Wednesday morning, or wait until I'm at a low point and need a boost on the Saturday

• Like 1

Just now, Mardy said:

My festival rule is that i'm never allowed to eat at the same stall twice during the event. Makes me go outside the routine. Of course, it brings with it another set of problems - do i have my favourite food on the Wednesday morning, or wait until I'm at a low point and need a boost on the Saturday

I have that with the Goodness Gracious falafel stand. Limit myself to one per weekend, but when to go for it is always the question.

The exception is the milkshake stand on the way down from the park.  No way I'm limiting those chocolate bad boys when I have an inexplicable hankering for something sweet :P

2 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I really wish drunk me would stick by a similar set of rules. 

Pre-fest I always decide to go with "i'll eat at all the places I've seen others recommend on efests"

Usually starts okay but by Wednesday evening i'm knee deep in my second la grande bouffet and then when the music starts i've got more grease running through my veins than there is at the bottom of a mcdonalds chip fryer.

Drunk me will always go with whatever is closest when I get hunger twangs then if there's a sizeable amount of choice it'll be whatever has the smallest queue.

Sober me thinks drunk me is a d*ck.