RIP Chas off of Chas and Dave

Gnomicide

10 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I saw some of it, then wandered off. Which given the year was probably because of the rain.

They did seem good, but it was never going to better the acoustic set.

2007 all bets were off. Horrendous. God himself could have come down from on high to tell us where we'd all been going wrong and I'd have wandered off to skulk in the back of a tent looking for some shelter.

My C&D annecdote has to be seeing them play in my tiny regular pub (of the time) twice in the space of about two years.

For a fiver a time!

The landlord could not believe how much they could drink before, and during, and still be able to perform.

Soon after that they had their well deserved resurgance and were charging £30 a pop at way bigger venues.

There ain't No Pleasin' You is a masterpiece.

RIP. A Proper Rocker.

• Upvote 2

On 9/22/2018 at 4:13 PM, phillyfaddle said:

Saw them at Glasto 2005 in the Acoustic tent. Well, outside the tent actually, as it was so rammed you couldn't get in. Great fun was had by all.

I was bang in the middle of the acoustic tent for that set, one of the best I have ever seen.

such sad news

5 hours ago, shuttlep said:

I was bang in the middle of the acoustic tent for that set, one of the best I have ever seen.

such sad news

I took comfort that I wouldn't have been able to see them anyway, even in the middle of the tent. But could hear them great and had a good 'ol knees up with random strangers outside. The best :'-(

13 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Didn't know Chas & Dave are the main sample on Eminem's 'my name is'. Hope they got the royalties.

Indeedy, some surprising facts dropped out of the programme. I especially liked the awkward breakfast tv interview, bbc at it’s straight laced best ?

The Eminem sample story is covered in this episode of the (excellent) StageLeft podcast:

https://soundcloud.com/thestageleftpodcast/e14

I urge everyone who enjoys podcasts to subscribe, it's very good, despite the number of Gallagher collaborators that are interviewed. He doesn't "have a conversation" or any other such flimpsy nonsense, these are proper interviews, with interesting questions. Probably my favourite musical podcast, (other than when Songexploder has a really good song on)