Tents in campervan fields

poppyh24

3 hours ago, poppyh24 said:

So instead of an awning could I put up a slightly larger than 2 man tent? 

Yes, officially there are fire regulations on distance between vans but as long as you're are sensible (or not in some cases) and don't take the pee you'll be fine. Liking your positive approach to presuming you'll bag all the necessary tickets. Big thumbs up to positive thinking.?

I've always had friends erect tents within my pitch,  I have tents by the side of my car with caravan and awning behind. Never had a problem.

Only downside is they all want to use my bog...….!

Edited by mashedonmud

awnings, tents, winbreakers, seating area, bbqs... we take the lot.. along with the friends we park with. 

I do fear that they will get tighter on how much space you are taking.. one of the nearest fields to Gate C (E22) was turned into a glamping field a couple of festivals ago... i wouldnt be surprised to see more of that as local farmers look  to maximise returns and the biproduct is smaller CV fields/tighter parking.

15 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

awnings, tents, winbreakers, seating area, bbqs... we take the lot.. along with the friends we park with. 

I do fear that they will get tighter on how much space you are taking.. one of the nearest fields to Gate C (E22) was turned into a glamping field a couple of festivals ago... i wouldnt be surprised to see more of that as local farmers look  to maximise returns and the biproduct is smaller CV fields/tighter parking.

That would spoil things a lot. One of the joys of being in the campervan fields is a really nice set up. Went to Standon Calling this year and they really rammed you in - was shite. 

1 hour ago, semmtexx said:

That would spoil things a lot. One of the joys of being in the campervan fields is a really nice set up. Went to Standon Calling this year and they really rammed you in - was shite. 

agreed.. I enjoy the tues/thurs camping trip as much as the weekend sometimes..(traditional chilli for supper Tuesday with cheese and port)

arriving with friends and parking the vans to face each other with a good social space in the middle is what it is about.

i just fear that E24/E25 will go the way of E22 because there is more cash in it for the landowners and then they will start to squeeze...

5 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

agreed.. I enjoy the tues/thurs camping trip as much as the weekend sometimes..(traditional chilli for supper Tuesday with cheese and port)

arriving with friends and parking the vans to face each other with a good social space in the middle is what it is about.

i just fear that E24/E25 will go the way of E22 because there is more cash in it for the landowners and then they will start to squeeze...

Ha! We do chilli on arrival too! Not with cheese and port - think we might have to upgrade this year! I know what you mean about the camping bit, it's almost sacrilege to say you like the camping as much as the music but the camping bit is a lot of fun! 

On 23 September 2018 at 12:29 AM, BlueDaze said:

Out of interest.. Which company is doing glamping in E22... We're thinking of brining our van, Carol, cause hubby has had a heart op and can't cope with worthy view hill, but pre erected lower down might work for us if we can't get Carol there?!

4 hours ago, poppyh24 said:

Out of interest.. Which company is doing glamping in E22... We're thinking of brining our van, Carol, cause hubby has had a heart op and can't cope with worthy view hill, but pre erected lower down might work for us if we can't get Carol there?!

Festibell are in what was E22 and Love Fields are behind the Acoustic tent. ?

http://www.festibell.co.uk/campsite-map

https://www.thelovefields.com