Pyramid Sub/ Other Headliner 2019

17 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Haven't played a non-headline slot at a UK festival for a while now, wouldn't be surprised if they're headline or nothing at the moment (not saying they could headline, but I wouldn't be surprised if they'd rather headline smaller festivals instead).

Ah yes I see your point - shame, as would love to them see there live!

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/10/2018 at 7:27 PM, guypjfreak said:

Greta van fleet.. You lucky people.. Not sure if they are even in country but they seem to be taking rock by storm.... Even if imo they still have to find their own voice so to speak. 

Excellent review of their album by Pitchfork:

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/greta-van-fleet-anthem-of-the-peaceful-army/

"They care so deeply and are so precious with their half-baked boomer fetishism, they mollycoddled every impulse of late-’60s rock‘n’roll into an interminable 49-minute drag"

6 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Was so confused by this for so long. Thought the top line was your subs and the second line your Other headliners. Then fuck knows on the final line.

Probably should have clarified that's the Pyramid lineups. Other than the Chems doing one night I have no idea who the other two headliners will be.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Probably should have clarified that's the Pyramid lineups. Other than the Chems doing one night I have no idea who the other two headliners will be.

Yeah tbf it was written in a normal format anyway. If it was in another thread I'd have understood it straight away, think it's just cos I'm used to seeing lines of Pyramid subs followed by lines of Other headliners in this thread.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'm sticking with:

Gaga - Vampire Weekend - LDR

The Cure - Stormzy - War on Drugs

Macca - LG - Ezra - Kylie - Sheryl Crow

Think this will be very very close. 

I think The Streets, Ben Howard and The Chema would work on the other stage opposite that group too

21 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Don’t get why LG subbing Macca is a stick-on. Last time, Macca got to choose his own sub so that’d delete Little James’ dad straight away.

I agree. We're obviously in the minority on this anyway but Liam subbing The Cure on the Sunday seems more likely. A run of Kylie, George Ezra and Liam Gallagher would go down very well with the locals.

40 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Doubt she'll have a new album out by then as she only just rereleased her debut, and personally I dont think she'll be back without something new

All gigs sold out, collecting awards since the album came out, which is banging btw. Let me think... ??

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

I agree. We're obviously in the minority on this anyway but Liam subbing The Cure on the Sunday seems more likely. A run of Kylie, George Ezra and Liam Gallagher would go down very well with the locals.

Yeah I've been hoping for Lana La Reina subbing The Cure on Sunday but I agree that Liam Gallagher makes most sense for Sunday Pyramid fodder. Plus, after years of championing it I'm now sad that Lana looks Latitude bound. ?

Just now, dentalplan said:

Yeah I've been hoping for Lana La Reina subbing The Cure on Sunday but I agree that Liam Gallagher makes most sense for Sunday Pyramid fodder. Plus, after years of championing it I'm now sad that Lana looks Latitude bound. ?

I thought Lana and The Strokes would be right up your street. There's normally one Latitude headliner at Glastonbury anyway so still hope for both.

10 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'm sticking with:

Gaga - Vampire Weekend - LDR

The Cure - Stormzy - War on Drugs

Macca - LG - Ezra - Kylie - Sheryl Crow

This would work nicely for me tbf. Wanna see Macca and have seen the chemo before so I'd be fine with that clash, seen LG so would free me up to do. Something beforehand. 

No interest in Gaga so that gives me a night away from the Pyramid and not arsed about Stormzy so can head of elsewhere for that one. Keeps me fresh without any serious clashes from those. 

No doubt the other stages will throw some other nightmares up for me though. 

I don’t see why the Chems would headline Other again without a new album. I’m aware who their manager is, but their last album was out around the same time they headlined last time so without any fresh reason to be there, I’d say they’re a possible contender at best.