Pyramid Sub/ Other Headliner 2019

On 10/9/2018 at 4:49 PM, Hugh Jass said:

Every year there's one hip hop and/or dance headliner on the Other aimed at da yoof (BBK, Dedmau5, Rudimental, Skrillex).

Could this be yer man for next year? Stick him up against The Cure for the kids to enjoy.

The Prodigy!

Oh wait....I forgot I'm not the "yoof" anymore :unsure: And those guys definitely aren't...

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

Greta van fleet.. You lucky people.. Not sure if they are even in country but they seem to be taking rock by storm.... Even if imo they still have to find their own voice so to speak. 

Got dates over the pond up until 4th June. I expect they'll be over here at some stage for the festival circuit.

9 minutes ago, briddj said:

Foals will headline Other when their new album is out. 

Why? The whole of Radio 1, NME and every festival booker in the land spent The Foals’ last two album campaigns doing their very best to convince a decidedly-uninterested general public that The Foals were musical gods worth salivating over, and nearly nobody bought it. They’ll have faded back down to JP headliners within five years, and I didn’t even dislike the last couple of albums.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Why? The whole of Radio 1, NME and every festival booker in the land spent The Foals’ last two album campaigns doing their very best to convince a decidedly-uninterested general public that The Foals were musical gods worth salivating over, and nearly nobody bought it. They’ll have faded back down to JP headliners within five years, and I didn’t even dislike the last couple of albums.

Completely disagree. People may disagree that they should have subbed the Pyramid when they did but to suggest they'll be back on JP any time soon doesn't appreciate the following they'd built up. Now if they disappear for as long as Friendly Fires (obviously not a direct comparison in terms of stages) it might be a different better. 

9 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

You really think Foals will be beneath headlining Other on the back of their next album?

Unless they come back with a stormer which is all over everywhere like My Number was, I think they’ll be in that weird nowhere land of wanting to be booked for that kind of slot but festie bookers (except RnL)  not wanting to book them for those slots, and that’ll hasten their decline. Maybe ‘back on JP by 2023’ was a bit OTT but they’re almost certainly over the hill. Radio 1 ain’t gonna keep propping them up forever.

Happy to be wrong though.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

11 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Unless they come back with a stormer which is all over everywhere like My Number was, I think they’ll be in that weird nowhere land of wanting to be booked for that kind of slot but festie bookers (except RnL)  not wanting to book them for those slots, and that’ll hasten their decline. Maybe ‘back on JP by 2023’ was a bit OTT but they’re almost certainly over the hill. Radio 1 ain’t gonna keep propping them up forever.

Happy to be wrong though.

They're not gonna be smaller than bands like LCD Soundsystem or alt-J, though. I wouldn't even be surprised if they headlined IOW on the back of their next album, although their crowd is maybe a little young for what seems to be the current IOW demographic.

11 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Greta van fleet.. You lucky people.. Not sure if they are even in country but they seem to be taking rock by storm.... Even if imo they still have to find their own voice so to speak. 

Saw GVF in Sept, they were playing a dinner time slot at a small Canadian festival, although they have potential I cant see them rising that fast. I would think we might see them on the other during the afternoon sometime? I completely agree re: finding their own voice.