Pyramid Sub/ Other Headliner 2019

13 hours ago, rhg_99 said:

Supposedly headlining Coachella so would be surprised if he took Pyramid sub

But Its a much larger step from Doing a Uk exclusive at LoveBox Plus He's much bigger in the US than In UK like he still Huge but not quite as big as the likes of Arctics or Kendrick in the Uk also Glasto has a much bigger reputation then Coachella as its been around so long and Childish has never been meaning it wouldn't make sense to have him higher then a sub.

24 minutes ago, MMC said:

Are Snow patrol still that big? Haven’t heard anything of them in years 

Had a long time off since 2013 i think? Family time and then writing a new album, new album hasn't done that badly and was well reviewed. Tour starts in December and a lot of sold out arena's already so still big enough.

5 hours ago, bigcharlie65 said:

But Its a much larger step from Doing a Uk exclusive at LoveBox Plus He's much bigger in the US than In UK like he still Huge but not quite as big as the likes of Arctics or Kendrick in the Uk also Glasto has a much bigger reputation then Coachella as its been around so long and Childish has never been meaning it wouldn't make sense to have him higher then a sub.

The problem is that now he's apparently been booked as Coachella headliner, he is now in that top tier of artists and will most likely be expecting to either get a certain amount of money (which I imagine would be more than Glastonbury would be willing to pay) or headline the one of the biggest stages, which again Glastonbury wouldn't give him. I cant think of many Coachella headliners in recent years who have played Glastonbury and not headlined, Phoenix is the only one I can think of, I may well be wrong though.

Similar thing happened with Frank Ocean and Aphex Twin recently. Both were booked to headline big European/US festivals, such as Primavera sound, and then supposedly when Glastonbury approached them to play further down the bill they refused as thought they deserved a higher slot. Childish Gambino is undoubtedly one of the weakest Coachella headliners in a while, which makes me think there would possibly be a chance he'd take a lower slot at Glastonbury but unless he has a real desire to play the festival, something few modern acts from the United States do, then I'd be very surprised if he played as the money would be nowhere near what he's getting for Coachella.

I'd like to see it happen but I'd be surprised, depends how much he wants to do it.

11 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

The problem is that now he's apparently been booked as Coachella headliner, he is now in that top tier of artists and will most likely be expecting to either get a certain amount of money (which I imagine would be more than Glastonbury would be willing to pay) or headline the one of the biggest stages, which again Glastonbury wouldn't give him. I cant think of many Coachella headliners in recent years who have played Glastonbury and not headlined, Phoenix is the only one I can think of, I may well be wrong though.

Similar thing happened with Frank Ocean and Aphex Twin recently. Both were booked to headline big European/US festivals, such as Primavera sound, and then supposedly when Glastonbury approached them to play further down the bill they refused as thought they deserved a higher slot. Childish Gambino is undoubtedly one of the weakest Coachella headliners in a while, which makes me think there would possibly be a chance he'd take a lower slot at Glastonbury but unless he has a real desire to play the festival, something few modern acts from the United States do, then I'd be very surprised if he played as the money would be nowhere near what he's getting for Coachella.

I'd like to see it happen but I'd be surprised, depends how much he wants to do it.

There was LCD in 2016 too. I agree he probably won't play but I reckon he'd take Pyramid sub if it was offered.

Unforgettable, one might say.

But really, yeah, I think him playing Coachella and now possibly being headline or nothing is way down the list of reasons Gambino won't play. Top being his retirement, second being that he's likely gonna be promoting the massive film he's starring in during mid-summer.

6 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Not seen much, if any, mention of the Chemical Brothers yet which I find surprising. Coming up to 4 years and new material, they're due again. Can see them being all over 2020 though 

Sure to put on a good show, but the last single is a bit Chemical Brothers by the numbers.  Seems like they dusted off one of their old sample disks and thought "that'll do", especially at the start.

1 minute ago, mufcok said:

Not seen much, if any, mention of the Chemical Brothers yet which I find surprising. Coming up to 4 years and new material, they're due again. Can see them being all over 2020 though 

They'll certainly appear one of the two years but I think that next year is more likely now that they've started trailing new music. Would imagine they'll want to play while their new album is fairly fresh rather than holding it off for the anniversary. Plus five years is arguably too long without any Chemical Brothers.

16 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Post Malone as a Pyramid sub? Was thinking he'll probably headline Wireless but he's played the last two years and I can't see any recent examples of them having a headliner who appeared the previous year. Just announced a big ass arena tour.

Can't stand him like, but you know.

Surely not. There must be a line somewhere. Good grief.

Just now, Cockney_Jesus said:

Crossing my fingers for:

Pyramid
Friday: Stormzy (subbing Kendrick)
Saturday: Taylor Swift &/or The 1975 (subbing Elton)
Sunday: George Ezra (subbing Macca)

Other:
Friday: Bastille (even though they'd more likely have a big Pyramid slot)
Saturday: The Streets
Sunday: Aphex Twin

aphex - we can only dream. no chance

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Rather him than Liam Gallagher.

Was literally about to say that. I was thinking the bar for Pyramid subs had got significantly higher recently: apart from The Libertines which doesn’t count, there hasn’t been a properly naff one since Primal Scream in ‘13. But then I remembered that the common consensus is that Liam shitting Gallagher is doing it this year so never the fuck mind.

Just now, Cockney_Jesus said:

I don't really know much about him tbh. There's just usually at least one electronic act headlining my friends go nuts for which I'm not massively into myself.

the only way aphex will play is by playing under some weird pseudonym in SE corner at some stupid time.

By the time you've heard it's him and trekked there it's too late and he is gone.