Pyramid Sub/ Other Headliner 2019

Carrying on the buzz of the fresh rumours coming around, a thread to combine the two slots that seem to be interchangeable judging on some conversations on previous line ups.

What 6 bands do we see filling these roles next year? And who is better suited to what?

I'm terrible at guessing these things but would love to see Bon Iver in one of them. Preferably Other headliner.

The Streets are rumoured to be doing one of them and have said they’ll be doing festivals next year so they seem a fairly safe bet at the moment. For electronic acts Disclosure, Aphex Twin and Jamie xx seem the obvious shouts for me. Kevin Parker said there was talk of Tame Impala headlining the Other stage so I reckon they’ll do it. For Pyramid subs, The War on Drugs, Stormzy and Liam Gallagher seem to be getting suggested.

Pendulum have reformed - I'd be happy for them to headline "the other stage" - EDM works well there....

Wouldn't be surprised to see "Wolf Alice" a lot further up the bill after winning Mercury prize last night..

Take That have just announced a tour - Just saying, wouldn't go and see them unless the wife drags me along.

The Streets are a safe bet to turn up at some festivals next year.

I'd second Tame Impala - saw them at Reading and they were really good.

What about Imagine Dragons - they went down a storm last time played.

Kasabian might even turn up - they've stopped touring the new album so will be at a loose-end.

I'll be happy so long as it isn't Coldplay, Muse, Radiohead and the other "regulars".

2 hours ago, Penrhos said:

Pendulum have reformed - I'd be happy for them to headline "the other stage" - EDM works well there....

Wouldn't be surprised to see "Wolf Alice" a lot further up the bill after winning Mercury prize last night..

Take That have just announced a tour - Just saying, wouldn't go and see them unless the wife drags me along.

The Streets are a safe bet to turn up at some festivals next year.

I'd second Tame Impala - saw them at Reading and they were really good.

What about Imagine Dragons - they went down a storm last time played.

Kasabian might even turn up - they've stopped touring the new album so will be at a loose-end.

I'll be happy so long as it isn't Coldplay, Muse, Radiohead and the other "regulars".

Fortunately, Take That are in Italy on Friday and Saturday, and Switzerland on Sunday.

Pyramid Subs

Stormzy
Liam Gallagher
Dua Lipa

But I feel George Ezra will be in one of these slots.

Other 
The Streets - I've heard Other or Pyramid for these is pretty much on.
Tame Impala
Jamie XX

Dental's suggestion of Silk City from the stage predictions is a big shout as well, but I could see them at West Holts.

Just now, Divein said:

Pyramid Subs

Stormzy
Liam Gallagher
Dua Lipa

Other 
Tame Impala
Jamie XX

Dental's suggestion of Silk City from the stage predictions is a big shout as well, but I could see them at West Holts.

Do Pyramid subs ever look like that though?  Three enormously popular multi-arena selling artists? There has to be one or two wildcards.

I feel like Major Lazer headlining and Mark Ronson subbing Other sets Silk City up for an Other headline slot, just off of having the experience. The thing I can't decide is whether they'll be full steam with Silk City or whether LSD will have taken precedence, seeing as that's heating up. Good problem for Diplo to have though, I guess.

45 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Do Pyramid subs ever look like that though?  Three enormously popular multi-arena selling artists? There has to be one or two wildcards.

I feel like Major Lazer headlining and Mark Ronson subbing Other sets Silk City up for an Other headline slot, just off of having the experience. The thing I can't decide is whether they'll be full steam with Silk City or whether LSD will have taken precedence, seeing as that's heating up. Good problem for Diplo to have though, I guess.

Are Silk City a big enough deal to headline Other, though? I've never seen them mentioned anywhere outside of this forum and them playing Bestival last year, and none of Bestival's other headliners this year are above JP/West Holts level. Don't think I've ever heard any of their songs either. Everyone knows Major Lazer and Mark Ronson by name cos they have the hits and were allover the radio at the time.

5 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Are Silk City a big enough deal to headline Other, though? I've never seen them mentioned anywhere outside of this forum and them playing Bestival last year, and none of Bestival's other headliners this year are above JP/West Holts level. Don't think I've ever heard any of their songs either. Everyone knows Major Lazer and Mark Ronson by name cos they have the hits and were allover the radio at the time.

Well yeah, they've only just put out their first single and have only done festival appearances thus far, so that's why they won't have been on your radio or very visible outside of festival forums and stuff. If they can headline Bestival a month before their first official single release, I think they're a big deal.

3 hours ago, Divein said:

Pyramid Subs

Stormzy
Liam Gallagher
Dua Lipa

Other 
Tame Impala
Jamie XX

I think you're probably about there on subs and its a big set.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2018 at 3:56 PM, Divein said:

Pyramid Subs

Stormzy
Liam Gallagher
Dua Lipa

Other 
Tame Impala
Jamie XX

Please no George Ezra - absolute shite. Just what is it with his voice? Absolutely no way that's his real singing voice, the twerp.

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

George Ezra had third on the Pyramid on Sunday written all over him.

Wolf Alice won’t be active next summer, they’ve also done the last two festivals.

Wouldn't be sure Liam will sub Macca then...which I'm not. 3 male acts one after another in Ezra, Liam and Macca at the same time as 3 male headliners too?. I agree about Macca and Ezra but I have a feeling Liam is going to do Friday night before The Cure, I do not see it before Arctic Monkeys provided it is them. The one night that could cause questions and Liam on before them gives a huge crowd pleaser even if the crowd does drop.