Friday morning Other opener 2019

kalifire

4 minutes ago, Retro P said:

Read a random review of it the other day, didn’t do anything to make me wanna try it out. Couldn’t bear them first time round either, OG lineup. 

I liked them back then. I think they have actually gotten worse and it’s not just different times and that.

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I don't know why they'd bother continuing with the slot and not book The Coral for it. Too obvious.

Nah they’re well too small for it. It’s like when people kept suggesting the Klaxons.

5 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

The Coral are not smaller than The Cardigans. And forget size (haven't looked at album sales etc.) but they piss on The Charlatans performance-wise. They were tragic on the Other Stage last time. 

They play bigger venues than the Coral, and had bigger hits in their heyday. And obviously avoiding Manics and Blossoms support slots helps their case too. The Coral can still play the Other Stage but like at 1pm rather than 11am.

4 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

The Coral are not smaller than The Cardigans. And forget size (haven't looked at album sales etc.) but they piss on The Charlatans performance-wise. They were tragic on the Other Stage last time. 

Stokesy, with a/d/r the Cardigans are miles fucking bigger than the Coral. 

16 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Comparing the Wikipedia pages of their Discographies, The Coral appear to have had much better album sales in the UK than The Cardigans, and higher charting singles other than a reissue of Lovefool.

They have an album that's sold much better than half a million copies? Don't think that's right.

Anyway, The Cardigans are playing academies and bigger on their next tour, and the lead singer played Glastonbury on her own four years ago so there's still an awareness of them around the place. The Coral, since returning, have played like mid-King Tuts at TITP and second-up on Latitude main stage - before the Mystery Jets. I'm not arguing that The Cardigans are massive - stuff like Manics or Elbow or whatever would obviously be bigger - but considering The Coral as a bigger booking is kinda laughable.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They have an album that's sold much better than half a million copies? Don't think that's right.

Anyway, The Cardigans are playing academies and bigger on their next tour, and the lead singer played Glastonbury on her own four years ago so there's still an awareness of them around the place. The Coral, since returning, have played like mid-King Tuts at TITP and second-up on Latitude main stage - before the Mystery Jets. I'm not arguing that The Cardigans are massive - stuff like Manics or Elbow or whatever would obviously be bigger - but considering The Coral as a bigger booking is kinda laughable.

I wasn't really being serious about them being bigger than The Cardigans seeing as I know nowt about The Cardigans. I just looked at chart placings and The Coral's were much better, and they each have one platinum album. Not that it means much anyway.