Friday morning Other opener 2019

kalifire

Maximo Park kind of opened years ago...they played on Thursday afternoon! IIRC it was in the Left Field tent when it was where Williams Green is now.

Edited by Pear_Cider
Thinking about it, it wasn't Left Field. Was it The Queens Head? Was around that area though.

12 hours ago, Purple aki squat said:

Tears for fears would be alright.

Got some good tunes to sing along to while getting pissed at 11am.

Aye, I'd take that. Get the setlist that they played at Hyde Park under The Killers last year in, throw in Woman in Chains because it's an absolute banger, and that'd probably be an automatic pick of the weekend for me.

12 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Aye, I'd take that. Get the setlist that they played at Hyde Park under The Killers last year in, throw in Woman in Chains because it's an absolute banger, and that'd probably be an automatic pick of the weekend for me.

yes, i would get my arse in gear to see Tears for Fears opening the festival with 'everybody wants to rule the world'...

They do 'creep' though..?? ?i guess Thom and his mates cant be arsed with it most of time...

6 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

yes, i would get my arse in gear to see Tears for Fears opening the festival with 'everybody wants to rule the world'...

They do 'creep' though..?? ?i guess Thom and his mates cant be arsed with it most of time...

They do indeed. There's a Radio 2 Live in Concert gig floating around on the web somewhere where they do it; it's a lot more restrained and reined in.

This link should work.

3 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

They do indeed. There's a Radio 2 Live in Concert gig floating around on the web somewhere where they do it; it's a lot more restrained and reined in.

This link should work.

I had to go searching and just watched the Royal Albert Hall version...

well that would have a few of the patrons coughing on their breakfast Strawberry Brothers.! a bit like the whole Chris Martin joining Liam G for 'Live Forever' in Manchester... Im all for it, it only a fecking song.

1 minute ago, BlueDaze said:

I had to go searching and just watched the Royal Albert Hall version...

well that would have a few of the patrons coughing on their breakfast Strawberry Brothers.! a bit like the whole Chris Martin joining Liam G for 'Live Forever' in Manchester... Im all for it, it only a fecking song.

I'd be down for it. Always happy to hear new interpretations by other artists.

I do get a little prickly on artists re-imagining some of their own songs, but it depends on the context of course.

On 9/22/2018 at 10:59 PM, Pear_Cider said:

Maximo Park kind of opened years ago...they played on Thursday afternoon! IIRC it was in the Left Field tent when it was where Williams Green is now.

On 9/23/2018 at 10:05 AM, thewayiam said:

I was there then I think, The Levellers play that night in Leftfield. The days of when WG was across the field from the other stage.

Not quite. Levs did Left Field in 2008, Maximo Park opened Queens Head at Williams Green in 2009.  Remember as 2009 was my first year, and 2010 was the only time I've seen Levs at Glasto. 

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Not quite. Levs did Left Field in 2008, Maximo Park opened Queens Head at Williams Green in 2009.  Remember as 2009 was my first year, and 2010 was the only time I've seen Levs at Glasto. 

I knew what I meant haha, I knew I was them in Leftfield my 1st year. I remember seeing One Night Only in WG lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the Noel Gallagher thing. Got asked if he'd headline with High Flying Birds and said yeah as long as it's a Friday so he can enjoy the rest of the weekend. Then said you don't want the Sunday night slot, said "Friday morning at 11 o'clock, that's me", then said a bit about how good Glasto is.

Still, don't really see him doing that slot.

I joked about this in the headliners thread, but now I'm actually wanting it to happen.

Metalica.

A one hour hour hit filled set to blow the cobwebs off of Oxlyers and get some metal up the arses of all the tweens camped there. No better way to start the festival and much more exciting than the last few of one hit wonders.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

I joked about this in the headliners thread, but now I'm actually wanting it to happen.

Metalica.

A one hour hour hit filled set to blow the cobwebs off of Oxlyers and get some metal up the arses of all the tweens camped there. No better way to start the festival and much more exciting than the last few of one hit wonders.

No better way to open the other stage, perhaps.  But the whole festival?  I'd favour a coffee, a bite to eat and a spliff.  Well out of earshot of fucking Metallica!