Friday morning Other opener 2019

kalifire

2 hours ago, Neondrift said:

Interpol? Though I feel if they did play, there are more likely slots for them

Feel like Interpol are still pretty big/current (IE. not a heritage band) to not do this slot. Maybe a JP headliner or something though #dream.

Suggestion of Feeder I think is a great fit.

6 hours ago, fat_man_joe said:

Feel like Interpol are still pretty big/current (IE. not a heritage band) to not do this slot. Maybe a JP headliner or something though #dream.

Suggestion of Feeder I think is a great fit.

Interpol still have a base in their fans but I don't feel they've a wider appeal. JP is about right. I've always preferred Editors...earlier stuff anyway.

4 hours ago, Retro P said:

Someone lively like the aforementioned B-52s, Feeder or Maximo Park would wake people up with some big catchy songs. Ash is another. 

Feeder yes, I don't think Maximo Park are big enough for that slot now, early on JP or 2nd/3rd on Other.

9 hours ago, Fingerbobs said:

Culture Club. Especially after Michael's proclamation about how good they'd be at the fest earlier in the year. 

Boy George was ace in 2010, even though he was late starting; the huge crowd at the wow tent caught a lot of people out.

Culture Club on a sunny afternoon, absolutely.?

On previously mentioned bands... Editors and Interpol not the right fit for morning gig and Interpol are pretty hot right now, they could be due a high slot on Pyramid/Other or headlining JP. I like Feeder, but reckon Maximo a better fit for that slot as Paul Smith has got the X-factor as a frontman that seems important to get that going... a la Howling Pelle Almqvist... (The master)

I think Ash, Feeder and Maximo Park are all more suited to playing after the opener a la The Cribs, The Hives and Blondie.

Saw the other night when I was queuing at Leadmill that The Coral are touring. Them as the openers followed by one of the above seems fair. But after last year I dunno if they're even continuing with it.

16 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The Hives didn't play first.

I know, but Beady Eye didn't get the crowd going. Being second was a ludicrous place to put the Hives, but they owned that stage the whole day. They could seriously sub the Pyramid and people would go away happy, after probably moaning about it for months prior...