Coach ticket vs standard

Armourman

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Fuck it, I can't let an opportunity pass. Going to try for coach from Brighton, Mrs Jass' parents live in nearby Seaford and it'll be easy for us to drop Baby Jass off with them before getting to the coach. This might be a good way to spin it. Plus we can get drunk on the journey.

Kind of hope I don't get through later.

Tell Mrs Jass that the Coach is just a big chauffer driven car

Apologies if this has already been covered! Always tried for coach tickets but never got them. Half of us are Liverpool based and half are London, can you choose different coach packages for different people, on the same booking? And would that slow the process down?

Ive just read on the website that you cant - ignore me!!

Edited by buffy394
answered my own question

We're looking at getting a coach from Bristol, but only if we can get it first thing on Wednesday morning.
My girlfriend lives in Oxford, so Bristol is about halfway between there and the festival. We're gonna drive down to Bristol to get it (we want our time guaranteed)... We may come back to Bristol from the festival on a shuttle bus to get the car and drive back in, as I don't drink so we usually drive home about 3am on Monday morning to try and avoid traffic.

Our group got tickets yesterday, and for the first time in a long time I’m contemplating choosing to take the coach rather than driving.

i did See coach last year as got coach tickets, so am aware of pros and cons compared to driving, but am interested in any differences between Nat Express & the See coach experience. Better? Worse? No difference? Anyone done both and care to share views? I’ll prob be going from Victoria. 

cheers :)

21 minutes ago, mario man said:

Our group got tickets yesterday, and for the first time in a long time I’m contemplating choosing to take the coach rather than driving.

i did See coach last year as got coach tickets, so am aware of pros and cons compared to driving, but am interested in any differences between Nat Express & the See coach experience. Better? Worse? No difference? Anyone done both and care to share views? I’ll prob be going from Victoria. 

cheers :)

I think the main difference is that National Express will actually check tickets to make sure you're on the right time coach on the Monday, while See is more of a free-for-all

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, FatAmmy said:

I think the main difference is that National Express will actually check tickets to make sure you're on the right time coach on the Monday, while See is more of a free-for-all

I've got National Express back to London on the Monday before and they weren't too fussed about the time - that was later in the day mind (tickets for 4pm I think) so they had maybe given up by that point! 

11 minutes ago, FatAmmy said:

Cheers, that was our biggest gripe with See last year, we had 8am coach back home & it was mental, everyone man/woman for themselves!

Other than that (and the driver getting lost when back in London) it wasn’t too bad at all

57 minutes ago, mario man said:

Cheers, that was our biggest gripe with See last year, we had 8am coach back home & it was mental, everyone man/woman for themselves!

As someone who has never managed to hit his return time .... I like the free-for-all option. Every I've gone it's been a tired but mostly orderly queue.

On 10/7/2018 at 10:05 AM, Hugh Jass said:

None of our Sunday group got tickets so I have eight months of telling Mrs Jass I was right!

In many ways it’s better than actually going to Glastonbury.

Aha ... I think you may be mistaken there.

It's now your fault you've got to go on the bloody coach and that your mates didn't get tickets.