Coach ticket vs standard

Armourman

The fear is really setting in and we’re considering trying for coach tickets on Thursday which we’ve never done before.  Trouble is we need to have the car with us at the end of the festival as we’re travelling on elsewhere so at least one person wouldn’t be getting on the coach.  Has it always been the case that the coach tickets are handed out to the lead booker or has there ever been an instance when each individual has had to get them?  I understand that things might be different this year than previously so there are no guarantees.

I've done the London coach option once (Rolling Stones year) and will be trying on Thursday for a Thursday/27th London departure. It's a longer journey than the quick train from Paddington, but if it gets you into the festival it's so worth it obviously (and less expensive). It gets you 'in' and I'm not worried about the way back (I skipped the bus and took the train). 

I wouldn't have seen the Stones (+ those Portishead and Nick Cave classics) if it wasn't for the coach option that year (and the generous assistance efforts of @Digi

Good luck to all on Thursday (and Sunday) 

1 hour ago, mandolin said:

The fear is really setting in and we’re considering trying for coach tickets on Thursday which we’ve never done before.  Trouble is we need to have the car with us at the end of the festival as we’re travelling on elsewhere so at least one person wouldn’t be getting on the coach.  Has it always been the case that the coach tickets are handed out to the lead booker or has there ever been an instance when each individual has had to get them?  I understand that things might be different this year than previously so there are no guarantees.

In my experience everyone has to be there. Each ticket is in an individual envelope with the ticket holder's name on it, and they get handed out at some point on the journey (I think when I've done it the driver handed them out when we stopped at the services).

5 minutes ago, Logan1996 said:

what days do the buses roughly drop you off? is it weds/thurs/friday or just one of them? debating coaches but dont want to miss half of the festival as weds/thurs usually my favourite days 

You get the choice of Wednesday or Thursday (although not sure if this option is available from all departure points).

16 minutes ago, thesecretingredientiscrime said:

Sorry if it’s been mentioned, but if you get a coach ticket tomorrow and decide not to pay off the deposit, do you get the coach money back?

Its £20 quid admin fee for the ticket and a £10 admin fee for the coach. So you will be £30 out of pocket. Says right in the ticket info on the website. 

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/

4 hours ago, Hotchilidog said:

Yes, but I think minus an admin fee like the ticket.

4 hours ago, karaseen said:

Its £20 quid admin fee for the ticket and a £10 admin fee for the coach. So you will be £30 out of pocket. Says right in the ticket info on the website. 

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/

Perfect, thank you.

On 10/2/2018 at 6:56 PM, Gucci Piggy said:

In my experience everyone has to be there. Each ticket is in an individual envelope with the ticket holder's name on it, and they get handed out at some point on the journey (I think when I've done it the driver handed them out when we stopped at the services).

Not what I wanted to hear but thank you.

Can anyone help me? We are desperate to get tickets this year but want to drive, what do you think about the idea of going on the coach - then a taxi back to our car and driving in - would this be possible? I know its a bit of a mission but if its increases our chances - we are wondering whether we should We have found a coach stop not too far from the site)

But theres just a few potential issues/queries - im just not sure if we would be able to get a car park ticket - I know that on the website it says GA only can buy these but I wondered if someone who had a GA bought one for us, would they know? Not sure whether they would check the tickets we had to ensure they were GA, whether coach tickets are entirely different colour to GA so would be obvious (?) or for whatever reason whether it would even work. We REALLY want to go but want to be able to have our car to have our things and no limit on what we want to take, and also be able to drive back on the monday at the time that suits us.

And not sure of any other car parking options that there might be other than the official car parks on site?

Anyway, thanks for your help and good luck tomorrow (and sunday) if you are trying - I hope we all get tickets!!

29 minutes ago, Musiclover99 said:

Can anyone help me? We are desperate to get tickets this year but want to drive, what do you think about the idea of going on the coach - then a taxi back to our car and driving in - would this be possible? I know its a bit of a mission but if its increases our chances - we are wondering whether we should We have found a coach stop not too far from the site)

But theres just a few potential issues/queries - im just not sure if we would be able to get a car park ticket - I know that on the website it says GA only can buy these but I wondered if someone who had a GA bought one for us, would they know? Not sure whether they would check the tickets we had to ensure they were GA, whether coach tickets are entirely different colour to GA so would be obvious (?) or for whatever reason whether it would even work. We REALLY want to go but want to be able to have our car to have our things and no limit on what we want to take, and also be able to drive back on the monday at the time that suits us.

And not sure of any other car parking options that there might be other than the official car parks on site?

Anyway, thanks for your help and good luck tomorrow (and sunday) if you are trying - I hope we all get tickets!!

Ok, it’s quite simple then - try and get a ticket on Sunday and don’t think about the coach sale because you’re not in any way suited to it 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Just to be clear, is it just London and Bristol where you get the option to select the coach times of your choice? I'm sure I read somewhere that you could do this for Reading also. 

I've only ever known it to be London and Bristol. 

I've travelled via coach from Reading 3 of the last 4 years and have never had the option to select a coach time. 

Bit of a free for all on the way back from the festival though. 

9 hours ago, mandolin said:

Not what I wanted to hear but thank you.

For what it's worth, I know people who've not got the coach and collected their tickets at one of the gates (I think gate A?) later in the day. Obviously that's the risk you take though and the festival doesn't advertise this, you'd also need to not arrive until your coach has. 

8 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Ok, it’s quite simple then - try and get a ticket on Sunday and don’t think about the coach sale because you’re not in any way suited to it 

7 hours ago, John the Moth said:

Plus you’re potentially taking away tickets from people who genuinely want to go by coach.

These. The coach is supposed to be a green initiative so doing that and driving a car seems pretty much to defeat the point. Get coach tickets if you are willing to take less stuff. Otherwise just wait until Sunday and let us coach people have a fair crack.

Also just to say that you don't have to come back on the see tickets coach, you could get a train or book a national express one for a suitable time.