Coach ticket vs standard

Armourman

I have a query which hopefully you may be able to answer. I stay in Scotland and was thinking of trying for a coach ticket.  I know I have to take coach down ( 10 hours!) to pick up ticket but do I have to use coach to get home also? Could I use coach ticket to go to a different destination if I need to be elsewhere afterwards? 

3 minutes ago, Logan1996 said:

Ive been pretty lucky with tickets in general release but ive never used the coach package , but a few of our group are discussing coach ticket options. What is the deal with coach tickets do you get to choose your time or are you given one? Also when do the coach times/days range from?

Ditto - also are you still able to try for ticket in main sale on the Sunday and then cancel coach one or is it one or the other? Problem I have is I work away a lot and could actually be in London close to event and would be mad to go all the way back to come all the way down again!

6 minutes ago, Logan1996 said:

Ive been pretty lucky with tickets in general release but ive never used the coach package , but a few of our group are discussing coach ticket options. What is the deal with coach tickets do you get to choose your time or are you given one? Also when do the coach times/days range from?

It depends on the amount of coaches from your location. In Glasgows case theres just one on the Thursday morning at 1am travelling thru the night

1 minute ago, Armourman said:

Ditto - also are you still able to try for ticket in main sale on the Sunday and then cancel coach one or is it one or the other? Problem I have is I work away a lot and could actually be in London close to event and would be mad to go all the way back to come all the way down again!

Sadly it is one or the other, so you can't hedge your bets. I usually get the coach from sheffield but buy the coach ticket after the event. I was considering trying for coach tickets but decided not to fo two key reasons 1) they don't give you the times of the coach until really close to the event, which would drive me insane and 2) if for some reason i'm not living in sheffield by glastonbury, I'd be a bit fucked!

7 minutes ago, Logan1996 said:

For most places you don't get to choose a time - i think maybe from London and bristol you might based on what others have said on other threads

In my experience, the coach sale is even more stressful than the normal sale, as there are so many options and they're all flashing up as sold out or whatever...

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Logan1996 said:

You get to choose whether you want a Wednesday or Thursday departure but you can only choose you departure time from London I believe. For all other departure points you just get given your departure time.

4 minutes ago, Logan1996 said:

you are given a time, I think the earlier you get through the earlier coach you are given.  I've only ever gone from Southampton but if i remember correctly there's normally one coach around 9am, another around midday and one around 3pm. There's also some that leave on Thursday. Im sure it depends on where you are travelling from through, I imagine bigger cities have fare greater frequency/number of coaches.

1 minute ago, Armourman said:

As far as I'm aware you're not able to get a coach ticket and then cancel. Would be pretty shitty if you missed out on a ticket just because someone booked a coach ticket as a back up plan, only to then go and get one in the general sale and cancel their coach ticket.

Normally get the coach from Brighton, coaches have been leaving earlier each year, most leave around 8/8.30am. 

As others have said you have to get the coach to the festival but no obligation to get the return. I always go for the coach package as it goes you two attempts at getting tickets. last year my group were insistent that they wait for the general sale and they missed out despite all of us trying to get tickets on the Sunday.

3 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Normally get the coach from Brighton, coaches have been leaving earlier each year, most leave around 8/8.30am. 

As others have said you have to get the coach to the festival but no obligation to get the return. I always go for the coach package as it goes you two attempts at getting tickets. last year my group were insistent that they wait for the general sale and they missed out despite all of us trying to get tickets on the Sunday.

Hmmm...this has freaked me out a bit now.

Out of interest, does anyone know when the coaches actually leave from Sheffield?

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

Hmmm...this has freaked me out a bit now.

Out of interest, does anyone know when the coaches actually leave from Sheffield?

You could probably search this forum as there were a lot of coach time posts in the lead up to the festival. Fairly sure there are plenty of posters from Sheffield on here.

Have to say last year is the last time I'd go for the coach on my own, if my group wants to just try Sunday I'll lump in with them.

25 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

You could probably search this forum as there were a lot of coach time posts in the lead up to the festival. Fairly sure there are plenty of posters from Sheffield on here.

Have to say last year is the last time I'd go for the coach on my own, if my group wants to just try Sunday I'll lump in with them.

Hmmm grass is always greener. Last time everyone convinced me to only go for Sunday tickets and half the group missed out! I would have happily been alone on a coach rather than sitting home in misery.

Just now, AlexE87 said:

Hmmm grass is always greener. Last time everyone convinced me to only go for Sunday tickets and half the group missed out! I would have happily been alone on a coach rather than sitting home in misery.

Indeed it is as I explained to my group. I had a great time last year but with the line-up and weather being so good I really missed sharing the experience with my friends. To that end I have laid down the law and told them we are ALL going for the coach this year, they have learned their lesson!

Personally i just go for coach tickets as it means a bigger chance of getting through!

I have never got them, mind. Instead I have just got the coach down with National Express. Two big advantages of getting the coach IMO:

1) Drop you off right by the gate, saving having to carry loads of stuff (and restricts you to taking only what you can carry, so no going all the way back to the car again once you're in).

2) Can just get the coach back without having to worry about driving on a hangover, which I don't do.

3 hours ago, Sasperella said:

In my experience, the coach sale is even more stressful than the normal sale, as there are so many options and they're all flashing up as sold out or whatever...

This is definitely true, it's a right old bunfight and really hard to think straight with all the options!

Armourman if you're likely to be working in London why not try for a London coach ticket? You get to choose times from London. Worst comes to worst and you aren't working in London beforehand you'll only need to get yourself down to London, which is sort of halfway there.

I don't drive so getting the coach is no great hardship for me as I have to use public transport either way but I'd never risk missing out on the coach sale - a whole other opportunity to get tickets!

4 hours ago, Armourman said:

Actually you can. You just need to create two registrations. If you cancel the coach ticket you lose £30 instead of £20.

Just remember to set up both registrations before 1 October.

Edited by doogie

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

This is definitely true, it's a right old bunfight and really hard to think straight with all the options!

Armourman if you're likely to be working in London why not try for a London coach ticket? You get to choose times from London. Worst comes to worst and you aren't working in London beforehand you'll only need to get yourself down to London, which is sort of halfway there.

I don't drive so getting the coach is no great hardship for me as I have to use public transport either way but I'd never risk missing out on the coach sale - a whole other opportunity to get tickets!

If there was a button for  applause I'd be all over it for you. Thats genius!!!  Cheeky wee night in London then onto Glasto...magnificent

45 minutes ago, doogie said:

Actually you can. You just need to create two registrations. If you cancel the coach ticket you lose £30 instead of £20.

Just remember to set up both registrations before 1 October.

Thanks - think I'm going for coach now via LOndon though!!!! What a helpful lot you all are