Coach ticket vs standard

Armourman

18 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

For what it's worth, I know people who've not got the coach and collected their tickets at one of the gates (I think gate A?) later in the day. Obviously that's the risk you take though and the festival doesn't advertise this, you'd also need to not arrive until your coach has. 

Mate of mine did this last year, but he had to wait about 3.5 hours in a queue at the ticket office, not ideal when the Wednesday evening at Glastonbury is in full swing.

54 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Also are suggesting you would do the whole coach journey, get your wristband, then immediately leave the site and go to get your car and join the car park queues? The beauty of the coach is it takes you right into the site!

People are obsessed with bringing so much crap in with them that they would consider something like this. 

Bring money. Its lighter.

• Upvote 2

The one year i got the coach I had some mates who drove and had all the beer/everything else in the car so i goes that's an option.

I think Car Park tickets won't be an issue but in all honesty the traffic around the site is insane and getting a cab out of there might be harder than getting a ticket on Sunday!

First time poster, just wondering if you get a coach ticket can you still try for a normal ticket? Only asking as my partner's  working hours are changing and won't know until after the ticket sale ... all of our friends are trying for coach ticks so thought we might at least try for these as been gutted not to get any in the general sale last couple of time. Any advice really appreciated :)  

5 minutes ago, evannn said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned on previous pages, but is there a way of finding out coach times before this evening? Not sure about stressing to try and get tickets then get some that leave/arrive at a silly time

I've heard that for London there maybe, but my experience is no. You get what you are given. I have learnt not to be fussed about departure times, getting that golden ticket is the priority. Once you know you are on the way the timing is merely a detail.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lafleur239 said:

First time poster, just wondering if you get a coach ticket can you still try for a normal ticket? Only asking as my partner's  working hours are changing and won't know until after the ticket sale ... all of our friends are trying for coach ticks so thought we might at least try for these as been gutted not to get any in the general sale last couple of time. Any advice really appreciated :)  

If you get a coach ticket you won't be able to buy a general sale ticket as your registration can only be used once.

1 minute ago, Hotchilidog said:

I've heard that for London there maybe, but my experience is no. You get what you are given. I have learnt not to be fussed about departure times, getting that golden ticket is the priority. Once you know you are on the way the timing is merely a detail.

Wouldn’t be a problem for me only but some in my ticket party are notoriously bad for showing up on time. I suppose as long as I get on the coach I’ll be ok. Thanks

9 minutes ago, evannn said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned on previous pages, but is there a way of finding out coach times before this evening? Not sure about stressing to try and get tickets then get some that leave/arrive at a silly time

Only from London and Bristol I think. Maybe one or two other places but likely you won't know the time you depart until May. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'm torn - Mrs Jass doesn't really want to do the coach and while I'd prefer to drive I see not trying tonight as missing out on an opportunity. I also don't fancy the tongue lashing I'll get if I "surprise" her with a couple of tickets later...

Should I just do it anyway?

I'm sort of in the same predicament. You just have to weigh up the pro's and con's of each and decide based on your situation.

For me...Pros: Another chance at tickets, dont have to worry about cars or driving, no queuing for the car park, dropped right at the gate, can sleep on the coach home. Cons: Limited to what you can bring, lack of clarity on arrival times could affect your plans, having to travel with your stuff to get the coach, lack of supplies in a  car you can go back to.

I think we aren't going to try tonight and wait until Sunday.

The only thing i would say is that I missed out in 2015 but was successful on the coach resale. So if you dont try today, or try and fail today and sunday then there's still a bit of a (limited) option for coach.

Just now, One Tonne Baby said:

I'm sort of in the same predicament. You just have to weigh up the pro's and con's of each and decide based on your situation.

For me...Pros: Another chance at tickets, dont have to worry about cars or driving, no queuing for the car park, dropped right at the gate, can sleep on the coach home. Cons: Limited to what you can bring, lack of clarity on arrival times could affect your plans, having to travel with your stuff to get the coach, lack of supplies in a  car you can go back to.

I think we aren't going to try tonight and wait until Sunday.

The only thing i would say is that I missed out in 2015 but was successful on the coach resale. So if you dont try today, or try and fail today and sunday then there's still a bit of a (limited) option for coach.

My biggest concern is that we'll be putting all of our eggs into the Sunday basket and if that doesn't work we're screwed (I know there's the resale but your chances are hugely diminished).

16 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'm torn - Mrs Jass doesn't really want to do the coach and while I'd prefer to drive I see not trying tonight as missing out on an opportunity. I also don't fancy the tongue lashing I'll get if I "surprise" her with a couple of tickets later...

Should I just do it anyway?

It's a nightmare isn't it. I don't want to use See coaches all the way from Liverpool but also cannot fathom the idea of waiting until Sunday and then missing out. Gotta take every opportunity, I guess.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

My biggest concern is that we'll be putting all of our eggs into the Sunday basket and if that doesn't work we're screwed (I know there's the resale but your chances are hugely diminished).

I always go for the coach sale first. My friends are always insistent on going for the more flexible general sale, last year they all missed out and I was in. It was a bit crap not being able to share what was a fantastic week with my friends. Needless to say they have relented and it is all hands to the pump this evening.

Fuck it, I can't let an opportunity pass. Going to try for coach from Brighton, Mrs Jass' parents live in nearby Seaford and it'll be easy for us to drop Baby Jass off with them before getting to the coach. This might be a good way to spin it. Plus we can get drunk on the journey.

Kind of hope I don't get through later.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Fuck it, I can't let an opportunity pass. Going to try for coach from Brighton, Mrs Jass' parents live in nearby Seaford and it'll be easy for us to drop Baby Jass off with them before getting to the coach. This might be a good way to spin it. Plus we can get drunk on the journey.

Kind of hope I don't get through later.

Correct decision. Imagine how you'd be feeling if you didn't bother with the coach sale and then failed to get tickets on Sunday?