Coach ticket vs standard

Armourman

Go for the coach sale and if you get one pick a Wednesday coach from London or Bristol then book a flight down from Edinburgh the day before. Last year I got a ticket that had me on the 7am Wednesday bus from Bristol and I flew over from Dublin on the Tuesday evening, was grand. A ten hour bus journey from edinburgh sounds horrific.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2018 at 7:15 AM, TheFullShaboo said:

Don't suppose anyone has a list of bus times from each location? Ended up on a late outgoing one from Manchester last year - 2:00PM on the Wednesday i think - so would happily change location if i their latest possible bus was say 10am or something! 

You don't find out the bus times until closer to the date. You only get to pick your times from London and Bristol.

17 hours ago, karaseen said:

You don't find out the bus times until closer to the date. You only get to pick your times from London and Bristol.

Probably wasn’t worded as best as it could of been. I meant does anybody have a rough idea of what time the latest buses were for certain places? For example I was on a 2:00pm bus from Manchester - which I believe was the last - whereas I’m sure somebody said the latest Sheffield bus was midday! Basically, if Sheffield buses stop at midday then I’d probably try for there as there’s less risk of arriving on site late in the day! 

Saying this see tickets will inevitably just change the times up again and I’ll end up on site even later than last time! 

On 9/23/2018 at 7:19 PM, Sasperella said:

Shit! Although, weirdly, that text above the green ticket fares section is different from the glastonbury website page....where I still can't see the information. Did you screen grab this from the website?

EDIT: Ignore that sorry - the website does seem different, but i've found the information earlier on in the text. Thank you!!!!

So do you have to pay the full coach upfront along with £50 deposit?

2 minutes ago, Armourman said:

So do you have to pay the full coach upfront along with £50 deposit?

Yep, apparently so! That's £720 if there are six people travelling from Sheffield! Our coach team has gone down a bit to just four people now though so I guess it's not so bad!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

How long does the coach from London usually take?

My friend is hesitant about getting coach tickets because he's fussy and doesn't like coaches but surely it can't be that bad?  I told him that it's better to have coach tickets than no tickets at all but he's still unsure =/

Most times I've gone it's taken about 4 hours. Bear in mind that the See Tickets coach starts from south-east London, so you usually waste around an hour getting through London to head west and I've tended to go for rush-hourish times (8am, 9am, 10am). It might vary at different times. It also depends if the driver stops - I've been before and had them stop for 40 minutes or so, when you just want to get going.

I don't mind the coach at all, though - you're guaranteed a seat, all your crap gets stored underneath and you don't need to think about it again until you get on to the site. It's so worth it for the extra chance to get a ticket I reckon. The only really shit time for me was last year because it was so bloody hot and we had no air con. Arrived absolutely drenched in sweat - nice.

The first year they did coaches I thought I'd wait until the Sunday. Ended up missing out and having to wait for the resale. Kicked myself for months.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

6 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

How long does the coach from London usually take?

My friend is hesitant about getting coach tickets because he's fussy and doesn't like coaches but surely it can't be that bad?  I told him that it's better to have coach tickets than no tickets at all but he's still unsure =/

Varies. Depends on what time you leave.  Generally 4-4.5 hours in the traffic. One year it took me over 8 - the muddy year when the fuckery started the night before.  Sometimes the coach stops at services too.  

The train option is not necessarily faster though. Depends on queues at Castle Cary and then you are going to be on a coach anyway.

Driving: obviously you have more control but you will still sit in traffic. 

I love the coach because it drops you right off at PGA. Little walking, smaller queue.

Edited by karaseen

38 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

The first year they did coaches I thought I'd wait until the Sunday. Ended up missing out and having to wait for the resale. Kicked myself for months.

I've done coach tickets from a secret resale before, where you end up in the odd predicament of choosing a random city around the country that you wouldn't mind going from :) 

I live north of Brizzle so one day the choice (for about 5 minutes) was either Glasgow or Edinburgh, the next day London (which I plumped for as a shorter train).  In the end having faced the prospect of missing out it wasn't too bad, stopping in the services half way where people smoke or get grub, then arrive at a fairly convenient gate in the afternoon.

11 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I've done coach tickets from a secret resale before, where you end up in the odd predicament of choosing a random city around the country that you wouldn't mind going from :) 

I live north of Brizzle so one day the choice (for about 5 minutes) was either Glasgow or Edinburgh, the next day London (which I plumped for as a shorter train).  In the end having faced the prospect of missing out it wasn't too bad, stopping in the services half way where people smoke or get grub, then arrive at a fairly convenient gate in the afternoon.

That's dedication! :)

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jackal1 said:

Hello. Can anyone confirm that you can in fact choose your times for coaches from Bristol. Also where do the coaches from Bristol depart from. Many Thanks.

It might change but last year you picked times and this is where it picked you up last year. Might change:

OPPOSITE CITY OF BRISTOL COLLEGE, ANCHOR ROAD BS1 5UA

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, karaseen said:

It might change but last year you picked times and this is where it picked you up last year. Might change:

OPPOSITE CITY OF BRISTOL COLLEGE, ANCHOR ROAD BS1 5UA

Great thanks. I don't suppose you know what sort of times available. We are thinking Thursday but early if possible. 

8 minutes ago, Jackal1 said:

Great thanks. I don't suppose you know what sort of times available. We are thinking Thursday but early if possible. 

I think from my own experience if you know what city you're going for and that you want early then just focus on that.  Don't overthink it or you'll fritter away the finite time available.

For your other question, this won't be the ideal place due to it being a specific subject, but you should already find tons of discussion about it in the chat and questions :) 

9 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Also,  is there still plenty of time to find a good spot if you're arriving by coach? I worry that the coach will be late and then the place will be full.

Where are the best (free) places to camp anyway? I've only ever been as a volunteer so they've had staff campsites

But if coaches are late and stuck in traffic then cars will be too. My coach got me to site at 8am last year.  Unless you have 20+ people in your camp you will find space.  You probably won't find space in Penards, but there will be space somewhere.  

You will get a million different answers asking where the best place to camp is.  Depends on the person - just preferably not next to the incessant clanging of the long drop doors.  But I wouldn't be surprised to find that that's some person's ringtone.  Check out glastoearth for campsite descriptions.