Coach ticket vs standard

Armourman

1 hour ago, irm96 said:

GF & I will be coming from Edinburgh - anyone had experience with See Tickets coaches from the Scot capital? We got tickets for 2016 in the general sale, booked National Express afterwards arriving on the Wednesday morning which was ideal.

for 2017 we failed to get tickets and I was kicking myself for not trying in the coach sale - obviously giving ourselves an extra chance would be the smart idea but I'd hate to get stuck with a coach that doesn't arrive until Thursday afternoon or something, and I know you have to take it in order to receive your tickets. If anyone knows how many/how frequent coaches are from Edinburgh that might put my mind at rest!

Me and my Pal Did SEE coaches for our first year in 2016. Can't really give great review as this was the year of the massive traffic tailbacks and also drama with bus companies. Meant to be picked up half 9 but never got picked up till half 11. The bus company cancelled so another one had to pick us up but only took us a certain distance then had to switch to another one that took us the rest of the way.

I think there is normally limited coaches coming from Scotland normally  just of the great distance to travel to the festival. We got Tuesday night to arrive on the Wednesday and want to assume maybe a Wednesday night bus to arrive Thursday. But won't be compared to various options you would get further south.

2 hours ago, irm96 said:

GF & I will be coming from Edinburgh - anyone had experience with See Tickets coaches from the Scot capital? We got tickets for 2016 in the general sale, booked National Express afterwards arriving on the Wednesday morning which was ideal.

for 2017 we failed to get tickets and I was kicking myself for not trying in the coach sale - obviously giving ourselves an extra chance would be the smart idea but I'd hate to get stuck with a coach that doesn't arrive until Thursday afternoon or something, and I know you have to take it in order to receive your tickets. If anyone knows how many/how frequent coaches are from Edinburgh that might put my mind at rest!

I believe coach leaves early hours of Wednesday morning from Edinburgh/GLasgow and gets in about 11am to Glasto!!

1 hour ago, Penrhos said:

You can only get singles from a few locations, London, Bath, Reading, Bristol & Taunton - all the rest are returns only.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/#COACH

Oops sorry. Checking my London privilege. 

Annoying that they don't let you have singles for everywhere, I wonder why. 

1 hour ago, rhg_99 said:

There's nearly always spaces on the early coaches on Monday and sometimes they don't check your tickets on the way back. One year my friend, who didn't have a coach ticket, was such a state that the he just looked at the coach driver and said ''take me home please'' and the guy let him on. I wouldn't rely on such regular acts of kindness though.

I'm thinking if I have a return to Glasgow then using it to just get to Bristol should be ok where I can get a flight from.....

I'm sure I remember reading somewhere on here that in the coach sale you had to pay for the deposits + the coach fare if you got through. Is that right? For six people for Sheffield that would be £720.... I've tried looking on the ticketing info online but Im either blind or stupid because I can't figure it out. I'm hoping I'm wrong! 

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

I'm sure I remember reading somewhere on here that in the coach sale you had to pay for the deposits + the coach fare if you got through. Is that right? For six people for Sheffield that would be £720.... I've tried looking on the ticketing info online but Im either blind or stupid because I can't figure it out. I'm hoping I'm wrong! 

I think you're right ... it's at least a proportion of the coach ticket anyway and that bit is non refundable.

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

Hmmm that's quite a lot...not sure if all six people in my group will actually have the money to cover that upfront ? Will have to check with them. Thanks!

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/glastonbury-2019-tickets-on-sale-in-october/

Screenshot_20180923-191440.png

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Shit! Although, weirdly, that text above the green ticket fares section is different from the glastonbury website page....where I still can't see the information. Did you screen grab this from the website?

EDIT: Ignore that sorry - the website does seem different, but i've found the information earlier on in the text. Thank you!!!!

Edited by Sasperella

I'm pretty sure it was Anchor Road, although the exact place on Anchor Road is another thing, it changed last time which confused us and had us panicking for a few minutes until we wandered further along the road

Edited by mph
for coaches from Bristol

13 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Any tips in going for the London coach? First time going for them this year; any particular time slots that go first or is it just a free-for-all? To be fair, I'd be happy with any time either day so long as I avoid trying to get to the o2 with all my kit during rush hour ?

I think the early ones go first, and definitely the Wednesday is more popular than the Thursday. So if you weren't bothered about going Wednesday (I'm guessing unlikely!) then you might have more luck just trying for Thurs. But that's the same for any location.

It is a bit of a free-for-all, but then I've never tried to go for anything super early or later than around 10am. In my experience, once you get to the booking page and through the Wednesday option you can *usually* go with your first choice.

It does feel very confusing with all the options and did throw me a bit the first time!

Edited by Zoo Music Girl
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It is a bit of a free-for-all, but then I've never tried to go for anything super early or later than around 10am. In my experience, once you get to the booking page and through the Wednesday option you can *usually* go with your first choice.

Which is not to say at all that it's easy, just that the hardest part is getting that bloody booking page! In my experience anyway. 

11 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Any tips in going for the London coach? First time going for them this year; any particular time slots that go first or is it just a free-for-all? To be fair, I'd be happy with any time either day so long as I avoid trying to get to the o2 with all my kit during rush hour ?

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I think the early ones go first, and definitely the Wednesday is more popular than the Thursday. So if you weren't bothered about going Wednesday (I'm guessing unlikely!) then you might have more luck just trying for Thurs. But that's the same for any location.

It does feel very confusing with all the options and did throw me a bit the first time!

Last year's the first time I went coach and I think I just got lucky tbh, ended up on a coach at about 10am from London on my first shot.

Part of me is tempted to go from Brighton instead. Don't get to pick, but that also means less risk of ending up selecting a ticket and finding it unavailable.

Which is actually a good question - does anyone know what happens if you select a slot and it's sold out?  Does it just kick you back to select a different one, or do you have to start from scratch?

7 minutes ago, Quark said:

Which is actually a good question - does anyone know what happens if you select a slot and it's sold out?  Does it just kick you back to select a different one, or do you have to start from scratch?

It just takes you back to the list to choose another, you don't have to start all over again.

1 hour ago, Armourman said:

Does anyone know that if the area you are looking for sells out can you restart at another location?  I'm guessing Glasgow will only have few tickest but I can always travel from elsewhere

You can yeah. Im in Dublin but ended up trying for York one year after Bristol sold out. 

• Upvote 1