Advice needed: Wedding invite for the 28th June 2019

Sasperella

1 hour ago, Padgey said:

She's already given you a get out clause by suggesting meeting up the week after which means you're free to go to Glasto, you're definitely overthinking this too much.

I'm not sure if I am....the "diplomatic" chats my friends have tried to have with her to see if she was being genuine when she said we could see her the following week have been met with 36 hours of silence. Granted, we did take about 12 hours to get back to her when she first mentioned it, given the shock and general inability to think straight, but 36hrs and counting seems pretty unreasonable if you ask me....

My friends have banned me from messaging her incase I make it worse!

It's an individual choice, and of all your friends, it's your getting-married friend that understands this more than any of them. Do the separate break in Tuscany, or something else entirely (I have a no leaving the house rule for about 2 weeks after Glasto)

16 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I'm not sure if I am....the "diplomatic" chats my friends have tried to have with her to see if she was being genuine when she said we could see her the following week have been met with 36 hours of silence. Granted, we did take about 12 hours to get back to her when she first mentioned it, given the shock and general inability to think straight, but 36hrs and counting seems pretty unreasonable if you ask me....

See, this is what I'm talking about!  Can't be doing with such nonsense!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Time difference though :)

Basically keep your options open. If you don’t get tickets in the main or re- sale then a party in Tuscany is a nice alternative. Try for tickets- if you get them your still have til April to decide. Last year I was invited to a wedding in Spain on the Monday  after by a very close friend. I pointed out that  a few of her family and friends were due to be at Glastonbury so Monday wasn’t going to work and she moved the date to the Tuesday so we could all attend both Glastonbury and the wedding. 

I would say if you get tickets then go to Glastonbury and meet up with your friends after. If you don’t get tickets then you can say yes!