Firenze Rocks 2019

gregory

I'm from Florence. The concerts are in the city's biggest park; it's like our Central Park more or less, so you're really close to civilization. If you find them a hotel or airbnb in the right place they can get home walking in 10/15 minutes, they'll just follow the stream of people. There's nothing to do in the festival site, mostly because it is not a festival, it's more like a big gig; they have to get there early and just stand still all day I fear ahah. 

1 hour ago, e2p2 said:

So apparently 2 nieces who will be 18 and 16 years old are going by themselves for the Ed Sheeran day. How is the transportation back to the city after the shows? Is this festival safe for 2 teenagers girls going by themselves?  Is there anything to do there, besides the music?

We went in 2017 and we came back to the hotel walking (20 or 25 minutes walking from the site to Ponte Vecchio)

On 12/8/2018 at 3:15 PM, e2p2 said:

Thanx guys! @johnybegood can you share any tips for the festival/gig? 

Hey! This is not really a festival. Is just one Main Stage in a huge place. No festival experience.

the biggest problem is that lack of visibility. There is a "golden circle" were you can see perfectly the concerts and then a huge plave were it imposible to see more than de screens. I won't go back there never ever.

the best of this concerts is that Firenze is an amazing city, so its the perfect excuse to spend a long weekend enjoying the city.

Get golden circle tickets or try to get as close as you can to the fence that divides both zones.

21 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

Hey! This is not really a festival. Is just one Main Stage in a huge place. No festival experience.

the biggest problem is that lack of visibility. There is a "golden circle" were you can see perfectly the concerts and then a huge plave were it imposible to see more than de screens. I won't go back there never ever.

the best of this concerts is that Firenze is an amazing city, so its the perfect excuse to spend a long weekend enjoying the city.

Get golden circle tickets or try to get as close as you can to the fence that divides both zones.

From the website I see that they have 'Posto Unico'  and 'Pit1' tickets or a vip package  that costs as 4 Pit1 tickets. My nieces have Pit1 tickets and I guess it's the "golden circle" you are talking about.

I also thought about going there in 2017 for the Eddie Vedder day but when I manage to get Glastonbury tickets in the resale I opted for his show in Taormina. 

20 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

From the website I see that they have 'Posto Unico'  and 'Pit1' tickets or a vip package  that costs as 4 Pit1 tickets. My nieces have Pit1 tickets and I guess it's the "golden circle" you are talking about.

I have "Posto Unico" tickets and it's regular standing (60€ + fees), I think Pit is Golden Circle. 

Fortunately I'm 190cm tall but my wife is really really short :(

On 12/7/2018 at 8:46 PM, e2p2 said:

So apparently 2 nieces who will be 18 and 16 years old are going by themselves for the Ed Sheeran day. How is the transportation back to the city after the shows? Is this festival safe for 2 teenagers girls going by themselves?  Is there anything to do there, besides the music?

I don't want to scare you, but Florence is a "big city", and like Rome or Milano it is not always safe for girls to go around alone...even in the city centre..even in the daylight...expecially if they are that young....we always read about harrasment made to women

2 minutes ago, -lele- said:

I lost something in the lineup....why is Sat.15 still empty? I thought NIN should have played

image.thumb.png.328de68ece65cb8e602e67d795717316.png

wasn't that this year? i think they subheadlined a day? might be wrong.

LE: i think it was a fake poster. don't think NiN will be touring next year, nothing announced yet. 

Edited by neacaisa

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys. I'm thinking of going here this year and I have a question to whoever has the experience before. 

It's regarding the tickets delivery option - Pick up at the venue/box office. Is it convenient and how does work in detail?

I've been to many shows and festivals before, but they always had a print-at-home-pdf option. Sadly, not here.

9 minutes ago, NineInchRuiner said:

Hi guys. I'm thinking of going here this year and I have a question to whoever has the experience before. 

It's regarding the tickets delivery option - Pick up at the venue/box office. Is it convenient and how does work in detail?

I've been to many shows and festivals before, but they always had a print-at-home-pdf option. Sadly, not here.

How much does it cost the shipping to your country? I think it's the best option, you could find queues at the event (btw never trust italian organizers :)

6 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

How much does it cost the shipping to your country? I think it's the best option, you could find queues at the event (btw never trust italian organizers :)

It's 40 Euro. It originally showed 10 but turns out it's only for Italy. The "Rest of the World" shipping is 40.

I don't really care for queues, I'm okay with getting there as early as possible to avoid them, as long as the ticket is 100% there to collect.

Edited by NineInchRuiner

4 minutes ago, NineInchRuiner said:

It's 40 Euro. It originally showed 10 but turns out it's only for Italy. The "Rest of the World" shipping is 40.

Ha, pricey. Pick up at the event could be ok in that case :D

Basically you go to a desk with tons of people, show your id and they give you your tickets :)

Edit: but it could be easier, I tell you my previous experiences 

Edited by alan_ts

It was the same with me for Muse concert in Italy this summer, shipping was very expensive and there was no print at home option so i had to chose "Pick up at the venue". I tried both, Ticketone and Ticketmaster. 

I hope we will both get our tickets without problems in the end ?

You'll get invoice to your email. "We remind you that you must PRINT THE INVOICE AND KEEP IT according to the laws in force."

Edited by activean

Yeah I found the shipping expensive when I went to The National/Franz at Milano Rocks last summer. But the collection job was easy - turned up at the train station, got directed to a window for international Ticketmaster collections, showed ID, and had my tix and some random Ticketmaster Italy stickers. Was tempted to try again for this year but nothing is really catching the eye.

• 4 months later...
On 7/16/2019 at 7:16 PM, Daniel Ferreira said:

How much is the general ticket? Someone can help me.

4 giorni Pit: 280 euro
4 giorni Posto Unico: 235 euro

as usual, prices are crazy in italy, as this is not a festival....it's simply 4 days of concerts...