Top 10 bands/ acts you'd love to see in 2019 - not headliners

Splonk

1 hour ago, SighMo said:

He’s  flippin popular in Scotland. Went to Camden to see RBCF and the jocks had taken over the pub by the bridge; it was ace. Was sorely tempted to go to his gig instead. Especially after I’d had a few beers with them. 

How were RBCF?

2 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I have been recommended Gerry cinnamon... so I checked him out today. I can't work out whether it's just a less annoying version of Ed Sheeran or he's any good.

I suspect he's going to be at Worthy Farm next year though

Massive at the min.  Mentioned this a couple of weeks ago actually, would be surprised if he isn’t on the other 

1 minute ago, SighMo said:

It was a great set, definitely worth a look. The Far Out tent was rocking at GM when they played too. They were backed by Bodega who I thought were just as good as the main act. 

Cheers dude.

I'm hoping they're a dead cert for GF19.

Just now, Woffy said:

Cheers dude.

I'm hoping they're a dead cert for GF19.

You’d think so wouldn’t you. Also I think you mentioned Idles earlier; if they don’t play Glasto’s finished ;-) 

Saw Brian Jonestown Massacre live for the first time last night and the sound they produce is immense. Really love to see them smashing the JP tent. By the end they had nine on stage, seven guitars. 

2 minutes ago, SighMo said:

You’d think so wouldn’t you. Also I think you mentioned Idles earlier; if they don’t play Glasto’s finished ?

Saw Brian Jonestown Massacre live for the first time last night and the sound they produce is immense. Really love to see them smashing the JP tent. By the end they had nine on stage, seven guitars. 

Can't wait for the lineups - getting really excited just hearing about possibilities!

3 minutes ago, SighMo said:

You’d think so wouldn’t you. Also I think you mentioned Idles earlier; if they don’t play Glasto’s finished ?

I certainly hope so, dude.

And, yeah, Idles are very special indeed.

BJM ive dipped in and out of since DIG! Regretably missed them at G when they were last there. Need to redress that. At G, hopefully.

TBH, i'd like to see the Dandy's again, stuffing out early hits...but Zia McCabe is a very respectable realtor now last i checked on Twitter!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerqueen said:

Can't wait for the lineups - getting really excited just hearing about possibilities!

I’m the same. Glasto 2017 was my first ever festival aged 52. Since then I’ve been GM twice, IOW and EOTR. Also done unite a few gigs in between so my list for this year’s hopefulls is growing. 

2 minutes ago, SighMo said:

I’m the same. Glasto 2017 was my first ever festival aged 52. Since then I’ve been GM twice, IOW and EOTR. Also done unite a few gigs in between so my list for this year’s hopefulls is growing. 

I was quite late to festivals  - I was in my forties when I first took my kids to V but because it was local I didn't camp.  So my first festival where I camped was Glasto 2014 - coincidentally also aged 52!  Like you, I have also done a few since but usually smaller ones.  I would like to do a few medium size and might try Green Man soon.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Woffy said:

@Brave Sir Robin's Glastonbury 2019 Spotify playlist all the way to the drive down to the farm dude. You know it makes sense.

Oh I play that constantly in the run up and I have found some real new favourites through it.  Also I have recently moved offices where I share with people I don't really have to communicate with.  And one person is really annoying, constantly talking out loud to herself - so I have started to listen to music while I work to block her out - I am going to be so completely on that playlist in the months to come! 

On 10/12/2018 at 10:29 PM, Gucci Piggy said:

That high? I've got them like 4th down WH. Didn't think there was a whole lot of interest in them tbh.

I’m probably way off with that to be honest! They’d be perfect for west holts though. Caught them at bestival on a sunny afternoon a few years back and they got the crowd into a frenzy.

Man and the Echo

St Paul and the Broken Bones

Rodney Branigan

Echo Town

John Grant

Richard Hawley

Jimmy Cliff

Ray Davis

Human League or Spandau Ballet (someone from my youth for old times sake)

Lekkido Lord of the Lobsters

I've seen most of these already but would like to see them again.  But I tend to discover new stuff to see - either by listening to BSR's playlist or stumbling across someone.  I've added quite a few of the names mentioned earlier in the thread to a spotify list to listen to.

Edited by Beerqueen

1 hour ago, Beerqueen said:

Man and the Echo

St Paul and the Broken Bones

Rodney Branigan

Echo Town

John Grant

Richard Hawley

Jimmy Cliff

Ray Davis

Human League or Spandau Ballet (someone from my youth for old times sake)

Lekkido Lord of the Lobsters

I've seen most of these already but would like to see them again.  But I tend to discover new stuff to see - either by listening to BSR's playlist or stumbling across someone.  I've added quite a few of the names mentioned earlier in the thread to a spotify list to listen to.

Would love to see John Grant again after his voice let him down a couple of years ago so I missed hearing glacier live. Tear in the eye moment avoided!

OMD rather than the 2 80s pop combos you mentioned though.

Oh and I still haven't seen Lekkido or Mika so need to address that next time!