Top 10 bands/ acts you'd love to see in 2019 - not headliners

Splonk

25 minutes ago, SighMo said:

Not sure if she's been mentioned but Sharon Van Etten releases a new album in January, four years after her last one which I hammered for a whole summer. Wouldn't be surprised to see her in June. If not I'm pretty confident I'll see her either at GM or EotR. Not sure which stage would suit her? Park would be nice to get up close.

She did Park last time. I think midway up the Other might be a good shout?

• Like 1

On 10/18/2018 at 5:00 AM, Quark said:

Heard on 6Music this morning that Ray, Dave and Mick had a bit of a reunion at the Q Awards last night as well. First time in 20 odd years

On 10/18/2018 at 5:10 AM, The Nal said:

Id say a Kinks reunion tour is as likely as Jimmy Pages new album and tour "next year". 

and Page's Glastonbury set which he was harping on about too...

with The Kinks though I read far too much into Ray Davies' summer announcement and thought they were a certainty for next Glastonbury (and I was far too hopeful for that) but hasn't it come about that he was joking about it and that Dave Davies said "that was just Ray" or something? 

I noticed that Dave Davies has dates in April next year which doesn't seem like he'd be doing if The Kinks were a thing next year. 

If they were to reunite they would be perfect for the 50th, since they were supposed to do the 1st 

41 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Cat Power live in session on 6music. Just did a lovely Frank Ocean cover. 

Would be DELIGHTFUL on the farm.

Working through the new albums I've not listened to yet, Cat's latest offering is in there somewhere. Predicting that to be my mid-afternoon cup of tea listen.

WFH today so can have all this stuff playing properly without getting interrupted by eedjits wanting to talk to me. Can just interrupt myself by coming on here instead.

11 hours ago, Yokel Again said:

Was really underwhelmed by Cat Power last time at the Park (sunset slot on the Sunday). 

That slot for SVE would be great, or headlining. 

PLEASE not the Other. 

Stones year wasn't it? and wasn't she up against Nick Cave and Smashing Pumpkins? 

Acoustic would be perfect for her, and if there's any truth to the Lana Del Rey rumour, a collaboration on one of their sets. 

This might be heresy, but Cat Power in concert has never been the transcendent experience I wanted it to be. I love her voice, her records can be incredible and there's no doubt she's a talent. But in a live setting, she just doesn't cut it for me. I don't think I'd go out of my way to see her again.

2 hours ago, Mardy said:

This might be heresy, but Cat Power in concert has never been the transcendent experience I wanted it to be. I love her voice, her records can be incredible and there's no doubt she's a talent. But in a live setting, she just doesn't cut it for me. I don't think I'd go out of my way to see her again.

She just seems so uncomfortable doing it.  Sometimes that can be endearing but, when I saw her at APE, I enjoyed her set but couldn't fully get lost in it.

Cat's one of those names I always knew of, but never really listened to.  Liking the new album a LOT so probably need to explore the back catalogue a bit.

Having said that there was an interview with her in Q recently, and if her live performance comes across anywhere near as disjointed as her interview I can see it'd be a bit....odd.

Asked bassist in Idles last night were they playing Glasters - "Dunno mate." To be fair to him he'd only just finished 5 mins of jousting with his pedal board. Helluva fucking gig. For a band at their "level" it doesnt really get any better. As positive, heart-led and "nourishing" a show as I've seen this year. Beautiful, really.

If they play the G - and they most certainly should - then they could headline the Peel against one of the big boys or go with the Arcade Fire spec (6pm Sat Other) to enable a vast crowd to see 'em. Touring again in the Spring we were told - do not miss 'em.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2018 at 4:16 PM, baggienick68 said:

In no particular order:

Bon Iver / Big Red Machine

Car Seat Headrest

Grizzly Bear

Death Cab For Cutie

Thom Yorke

Teleman

Everything Everything

Maximo Park

Richard Thompson

Nick Mason

I'll probably think of a different ten tomorrow.

Just felt like posting another ten.

Cherry Ghost

Eagles of Death Metal

Grandaddy

Midlake

Mogwai

Roy Harper

Steve Mason

Ben Folds

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

Dr John

• 2 weeks later...