Top 10 bands/ acts you'd love to see in 2019 - not headliners

Splonk

3 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Suzanne Vega

Saw her at Beautiful Days, wasn't too fussed but my brother was pretty keen.  Would definitely be one for the Acoustic, but she was lovely to watch.  Sounded great and her songs are beautiful. 

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:14 PM, Beerqueen said:

I'd forgotten Hozier - stumbled across him in 2014 and loved him!

Also just come across Isaac Gracie - sounds good, must listen some more.  Can anyone tell me more about him?

He was on with Annie Mac last night, some time in the first hour, catch up with it.  Just a brief interview as she had his new single as the hottest in the world, so played it twice.  I'll be going to see him if he's there next year for sure.

16 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Simple Minds

Thought about them last week as my dad was on Sicily for a holiday and mentioned Jim Kerr living there. Immediately wondered if they would be up for a return (last in 1995?) and what slot? (Especially because we were discussing The Cure on here.)

2 hours ago, sam1981 said:

Seen him a few times - he used to play solo, just him and his guitar which was pretty amazing as he could fill the room with sound. Plays with a band now, still good but I preferred the cut down sound of his earlier performances. Listen to the 2 versions of 'Terrified' on Spotify to hear the difference in his sound now. 

Saw him in 2016 at the BBC Introducing stage with my (almost) 2 year old son - we were pretty enthusiastic during the gig so he came out to meet us afterwards and had a photo! Nice guy.

Thanks - I'll have a listen (I've just had a quick look on Spotify but can only find one version so far).  I know what you mean though, I saw Gaz Brookfield a few times and then saw him with a full band - much preferred just him and his guitar as you could hear the lyrics and appreciate his guitar work more.

2 hours ago, Skelts said:

He was on with Annie Mac last night, some time in the first hour, catch up with it.  Just a brief interview as she had his new single as the hottest in the world, so played it twice.  I'll be going to see him if he's there next year for sure.

Thanks will catch up with that.  Yeah, I agree he will be on my to see list if he's there next year.

24 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Thanks - I'll have a listen (I've just had a quick look on Spotify but can only find one version so far).  I know what you mean though, I saw Gaz Brookfield a few times and then saw him with a full band - much preferred just him and his guitar as you could hear the lyrics and appreciate his guitar work more.

The old version is still on there - try this:

2 minutes ago, Jah_Roots said:

both of these delivered what, to me personally, were life affirming performances at One Love this year - masterclasses in performance and passion.

yup, I loved them there too - tho I thought Iquiah was even more impressive at One Love 2015, and it was a shame the Twinkle One got a short set (I blame the diva Alborosie).

2 hours ago, reflekting said:

Would think Imagine Dragons will get a big spot, maybe even sub/third on the pyramid. They have a new album next month and regularly sell out UK arenas. 

I would be happy with that. They're great live. Wasn't the lead singer diagnosed with a degenerative illness? 

Edit - just checked - it's a form of arthritis but I've no idea how and when that might impact on his being able to perform. 

Edited by Beerqueen

Flaming lips

Fun Lovin' Criminals

Kate Nash

Bon Jovi

The Hives

Chaka Kahn

Nimah Cherry

Gladys Knight

Courteeners

RuPaul

Much to some people's dismay I'm sure, Micheal C Hall (Dexter) kicking off on the Pyramid on the Friday first act with a happy, remembrance, Bowie song'a'long.

36 minutes ago, OddRon said:

just started getting into Beach House, sod's law its just as they play uk shows and I've missed them, always the case, happened with st vincent last year, hope to see them on the park or Jp

I gave them a good listen to after the praise on here yesterday..... and never been to Troxy... must have been great. Proper missed out.

• Upvote 1

Not sure if she's been mentioned but Sharon Van Etten releases a new album in January, four years after her last one which I hammered for a whole summer. Wouldn't be surprised to see her in June. If not I'm pretty confident I'll see her either at GM or EotR. Not sure which stage would suit her? Park would be nice to get up close.

Edited by SighMo