Top 10 bands/ acts you'd love to see in 2019 - not headliners

Splonk

9 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Would love to see John Grant again after his voice let him down a couple of years ago so I missed hearing glacier live. Tear in the eye moment avoided!

OMD rather than the 2 80s pop combos you mentioned though.

Oh and I still haven't seen Lekkido or Mika so need to address that next time!

OMD are ok but belting out True or Don't You Want Me would be far better!

I know a few of these would only be headliners but my dream list...

Childish Gambino

LCD Soundsystem

The War on Drugs

Foals

Bruce Springsteen

Cypress Hill

Gaslight Anthem

Public Access T.V

Led Zeppelin 

Fleetwood Mac

If at least two of these are on the lineup i`ll be ecstatic!

Edited by Tempest2012
correction

20 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

nothing apart from a very long connection with it. I'm taking a leap, but i don't think it's unreasonable to do so in this instance.

Heard on 6Music this morning that Ray, Dave and Mick had a bit of a reunion at the Q Awards last night as well. First time in 20 odd years

There was rumours of them last year, hope this one comes to fruition. 

I was reading an interview with Ray Davies recently and he was asked about a reunion. He said something along the lines of him and Dave were doing stuff together but no firm plans beyond that as of yet. The Kast Off Kinks (with Mick) have dates all over 2019, including the Friday and Saturday of Glastonbury, but then they could always find themselves a new drummer.

35 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

This one is never going to happen, their festival days are behind them, and rightly so. LC! gigs are a cult-like experience now, they're completely a one of a kind band.

This is merely a wish list of acts people would want there. They appeared at a couple of festivals last year that fit in with their diy ethos. I've never envisaged a world where they play Glastonbury 2019. They're one of the only bands that I've travelled over 150 miles to go to a stand alone gig 

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

This one is never going to happen, their festival days are behind them, and rightly so. LC! gigs are a cult-like experience now, they're completely a one of a kind band.

They were on mighty fine form at their Kentish Town ten year anniversary gig the other night, accompanied by an enthusiastic fanbase simultaneously enjoying the gig and quickly double checking their exes weren't there too.

1 minute ago, Winslow Leach said:

They were on mighty fine form at their Kentish Town ten year anniversary gig the other night, accompanied by an enthusiastic fanbase simultaneously enjoying the gig and quickly double checking their exes weren't there too.

Ayyy I was there dawg, we could've had a big high five!

On 10/16/2018 at 10:14 PM, Beerqueen said:

Also just come across Isaac Gracie - sounds good, must listen some more.  Can anyone tell me more about him?

Seen him a few times - he used to play solo, just him and his guitar which was pretty amazing as he could fill the room with sound. Plays with a band now, still good but I preferred the cut down sound of his earlier performances. Listen to the 2 versions of 'Terrified' on Spotify to hear the difference in his sound now. 

Saw him in 2016 at the BBC Introducing stage with my (almost) 2 year old son - we were pretty enthusiastic during the gig so he came out to meet us afterwards and had a photo! Nice guy.