Top 10 bands/ acts you'd love to see in 2019 - not headliners

Splonk

44 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Yes. In tone aswell as sound. Lyrically so inventive too. Fearless, progressive and funny. Heady stuff mate.

My mate loves them. She can't hear the Clash similarities though. First thing I thought when I first heard them. Not listened to them enough to be fair. Need to give them a proper listen.

On 9/19/2018 at 1:56 PM, 1986 said:

Looks like I need to listen to IDLES

I'll go with;

Sufjan Stevens

Big Red Machine

Saba

Fred Thomas

Chromeo

Every Time I Die

St Vincent

Childish Gambino

Four Fists

American Football

Someone on twitter asked chromeo if they'd be taking the current tour into next year and making a stop off at Glastonbury. Responded by saying something like 'consider it done'. Theyd be an incredible west holts sub or headliner. Heres hoping!

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

My mate loves them. She can't hear the Clash similarities though. First thing I thought when I first heard them. Not listened to them enough to be fair. Need to give them a proper listen.

Love how the drums are recorded. One of those records that is addictive to listen to. Nuanced and weighty. Glorious stuff.

7 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Only recently turned on to Endless Boogie. Touring UK next month. Like Beefheart fronting ZZ Top. Essential for G19.

Just given this a go, based on your recommendation. Yeah, good fun, like that a lot. Nice one.

4 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Love how the drums are recorded. One of those records that is addictive to listen to. Nuanced and weighty. Glorious stuff.

I spent a little time at work reading all the lyrics from JAAAOR. Sublime, brutally honest, simple, scattergun, repetitive, clever impressionistic wordplay. 

Massively impressive. 

‘June’ though. JFC. Heartbreaking. 

• Upvote 1

Went to Jools this week, had a cracking time, all the bands were ace. Really like these guys, hope to see them live again next year at G. They did another couple tracks for Saturdays show which were particularly ace...

Sam Fender was also superb, expect a lot for him/them as well... 

Check out the acoustic version of the Killing Moon by Echo and the Bunnymen as well on Saturdays show... Ace

6 hours ago, lobo said:

Someone on twitter asked chromeo if they'd be taking the current tour into next year and making a stop off at Glastonbury. Responded by saying something like 'consider it done'. Theyd be an incredible west holts sub or headliner. Heres hoping!

That high? I've got them like 4th down WH. Didn't think there was a whole lot of interest in them tbh.

4 hours ago, Woffy said:

I spent a little time at work reading all the lyrics from JAAAOR. Sublime, brutally honest, simple, scattergun, repetitive, clever impressionistic wordplay. 

Massively impressive. 

‘June’ though. JFC. Heartbreaking. 

Luvvyaselff.

20 hours ago, dingbat2 said:

Went to Jools this week, had a cracking time, all the bands were ace. Really like these guys, hope to see them live again next year at G. They did another couple tracks for Saturdays show which were particularly ace...

Sam Fender was also superb, expect a lot for him/them as well... 

Check out the acoustic version of the Killing Moon by Echo and the Bunnymen as well on Saturdays show... Ace

Would love to see these when they’re not getting, ignored talked over or at worse, barracked by The AM faithful. 

9 minutes ago, SighMo said:

Was discussing this last night but I couldn’t remember which stage it was. I saw Louisa at Leftfield but where else?

I saw her at Leftfield too and on the back of that I went to see them - I'm fairly certain it was early at the Park Stage on the Sunday (1200 seems to ring a bell, would that have been opening that stage?)

Must have a listen to the new album.

Edited by Beerqueen

38 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I saw her at Leftfield too and on the back of that I went to see them - I'm fairly certain it was early at the Park Stage on the Sunday (1200 seems to ring a bell, would that have been opening that stage?)

Must have a listen to the new album.

I’ve heard a fair bit and the single is great. I will buy the vinyl. 

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

I have been recommended Gerry cinnamon... so I checked him out today. I can't work out whether it's just a less annoying version of Ed Sheeran or he's any good.

He’s  flippin popular in Scotland. Went to Camden to see RBCF and the jocks had taken over the pub by the bridge; it was ace. Was sorely tempted to go to his gig instead. Especially after I’d had a few beers with them.