Top 10 bands/ acts you'd love to see in 2019 - not headliners

Splonk

9 minutes ago, OddRon said:

No idea if many of these are possible so feel free to poo poo this 

Sufjan Stevens (other stage headliner)

I can see Sufjan getting a John Peel headline slot rather than Other, although whether he'd accept such a slot is another thing.

Animal Collective (The Park Headliner)

Did this in 2009 so probably wouldn't be booked to do it again. Could see them on the John Peel though.

Arcade Fire (other stage headliner)

They've fallen off a little but not that much, and they only headlined the Pyramid 4 years ago.

The Cure (pyramid headliner)

Looking like a strong possibility.

Alvvays ( just somewhere on the park because they are lovely) 

Yes please.

Parquet Courts

Yes please.

Belle and Sebastian( The Park Headliner)

Could well happen.

The Strokes (rumours of them playing APE, other stage headliner)

If rumours are true then they're a pretty expensive act to book and probably more than Glastonbury is willing to pay, hence them never having played before.

Weezer (John Peel headliner)

See them as a Other act myself but definitely hoping they're there next year.

Bloc Party doing silent alarm in full (no thank you to a normal set because they were crap with new songs a few years back)

Don't really see this happening but you never know. The album in full thing isn't often done at Glastonbury - Primal Scream and Screamadelica is the only one that springs to mind and they didn't even play that in full.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I can see Sufjan getting a John Peel headline slot rather than Other, although whether he'd accept such a slot is another thing.

Did this in 2009 so probably wouldn't be booked to do it again. Could see them on the John Peel though.

They've fallen off a little but not that much, and they only headlined the Pyramid 4 years ago.

Looking like a strong possibility.

Yes please.

Yes please.

Could well happen.

If rumours are true then they're a pretty expensive act to book and probably more than Glastonbury is willing to pay, hence them never having played before.

See them as a Other act myself but definitely hoping they're there next year.

Don't really see this happening but you never know. The album in full thing isn't often done at Glastonbury - Primal Scream and Screamadelica is the only one that springs to mind and they didn't even play that in full.

Was not expecting such a solid response aha, yeah I figured the strokes will probably want too much, I kinda see Arcade Fire as being on the same level as The National now(love them both) they headline festivals, co headline and sub festivals so kinda wishful thinking, I think  Arcade Fire have taken the poor ticket sales and album reception in  their grace and would hopefully still take an offer of other headliner

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Now that I have a ticket I can start giving this stuff a proper think...

Nine Inch Nails
Weezer
Pinegrove
Brockhampton
Parquet Courts
DJ Koze
Kacey Musgraves
Camp Cope
The Beths
Death Grips

Pinegrove, Weezer and NIN would be ace. Not sure Pinegrove will get booked after all the stuff that's happened mind.

Just now, LosingMyEdge said:

Pinegrove, Weezer and NIN would be ace. Not sure Pinegrove will get booked after all the stuff that's happened mind.

Yeah I don't imagine they will be booked as I'm sure it's a minor controversy the festival would rather avoid, which is a shame. Just hoping they at least re-book their cancelled tour from earlier this year.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I don't imagine they will be booked as I'm sure it's a minor controversy the festival would rather avoid, which is a shame. Just hoping they at least re-book their cancelled tour from earlier this year.

Yeah definitely, read all of that Pitchfork article and I'm still none the wiser on what really happened. I don't know if they'd really be a Glasto act anyways

OK I got tickets, now just give me our girl closing it all down last thing on the Sunday.

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

PYRAMID IN THE SUNSHINE! You clod!

2 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Couple of shouts for Alvvays on here, they sound lovely on record but I’ve never been as underwhelmed with a live performance as I was watching them back in April. Weak as piss.

Maybe an off day for them, they've brought the house down the 3 times I've seen them.

• Upvote 1

Depeche Mode

Pearl Jam

Tom Waits

Nine Inch Nails

The Kinks

Run DMC

Die Antwoord

a-ha

Gomez

Led Zeppelin

Edited by sime

John Foggerty

Oh Sees

Ty Segal 

Prodigy

Greta Van Fleet

Fun Lovin Criminals

Toots and the Maytals (turn up this time)

Butthole Surfers

Garbage 

Specials

That would be utterly fantastic for me, wouldn't be that gutted if I didn't get anything else.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, muffled oars said:

- and the return of The Moonlandingz (John Peel, at a time when J.Rocket has digested his breakfast).

I'm really hoping they'll be back with us by June....JP tent's a good shout; count me in.