Top 10 bands/ acts you'd love to see in 2019 - not headliners

Splonk

For my first fallow year I went to the US and spent some time in Memphis and Nashville. I'd love to see some more country acts and there are loads of great young female artists about at the moment particularly. We have a few British acts too in the shires and the Adelaide. 

If you think this is a niche genre in the UK then look at the Country Music week. Darius Rucker playing the Albert hall and Kasey Musgraves selling out wembley arena next month. I'd love to see either of them or Maren Morris or Kelsey Ballerini. 

Give me a few beers and I'm all in for the more cheesy cowboy stereotype megastars if they would take the low fee and an early afternoon slot

15 minutes ago, Heather90 said:

For my first fallow year I went to the US and spent some time in Memphis and Nashville. I'd love to see some more country acts and there are loads of great young female artists about at the moment particularly. We have a few British acts too in the shires and the Adelaide.  

If you think this is a niche genre in the UK then look at the Country Music week. Darius Rucker playing the Albert hall and Kasey Musgraves selling out wembley arena next month. I'd love to see either of them or Maren Morris or Kelsey Ballerini. 

Give me a few beers and I'm all in for the more cheesy cowboy stereotype megastars if they would take the low fee and an early afternoon slot

I would be interesting to see a couple of country acts. With the recent feat inclusion in some mainstream songs for Chris Stapleton (JT) and Florida Georgia Line (Bebe Rexha) this year there has been a little exposure.

Surprised someone with country recognition like Carrie Underwood has never done a slot actually. but just maybe cause of the not as large following for country compared to the US.

On separate note did a trek America tour in deep south and travelled to Menphis and Nashville and loved it!

1 minute ago, Walker2295 said:

I would be interesting to see a couple of country acts. With the recent feat inclusion in some mainstream songs for Chris Stapleton (JT) and Florida Georgia Line (Bebe Rexha) this year there has been a little exposure.

Surprised someone with country recognition like Carrie Underwood has never done a slot actually. but just maybe cause of the not as large following for country compared to the US.

On separate note did a trek America tour in deep south and travelled to Menphis and Nashville and loved it!

If finances allow I'm going back next September. Live music almost 24 hours a day was like living in a dream. I've no idea who he is but I watched a Bluegrass artist in Memphis in the bar opposite BB King's. He promised a round of drinks if anyone knew any song he played. I sat there entranced for over an hour. Maybe Emily can sort that out for me if I ask nicely? 

I think both Chris Stapleton and Carrie Underwood are too used to headlining huge gigs to take the much lower slot they would be offered at Glastonbury. Zac Brown Band and Montgomery Gentry feature heavily on my playlist also and I think they are in the same boat. 

In a dream world seeing any of Wagon Wheel (Darius Rucker), Tennessee Whiskey/Parachute (Chris Stapleton) or Chicken Fried (Zac Brown Band) on the pyramid would be worth my ticket price. I'll see you there in my boots. I'll have some ole smokey shine if you bring the whiskey!

5 minutes ago, Heather90 said:

If finances allow I'm going back next September. Live music almost 24 hours a day was like living in a dream. I've no idea who he is but I watched a Bluegrass artist in Memphis in the bar opposite BB King's. He promised a round of drinks if anyone knew any song he played. I sat there entranced for over an hour. Maybe Emily can sort that out for me if I ask nicely?  

I think both Chris Stapleton and Carrie Underwood are too used to headlining huge gigs to take the much lower slot they would be offered at Glastonbury. Zac Brown Band and Montgomery Gentry feature heavily on my playlist also and I think they are in the same boat. 

In a dream world seeing any of Wagon Wheel (Darius Rucker), Tennessee Whiskey/Parachute (Chris Stapleton) or Chicken Fried (Zac Brown Band) on the pyramid would be worth my ticket price. I'll see you there in my boots. I'll have some ole smokey shine if you bring the whiskey!

It's such an amazing vibe, The night spent on Beale Street was the best (and one of the drunkest night) on the trip. Never went to BB Kings Unfortunately but ended to Rum Boogie Café further up the street. Unsure name of the live band but their covers were on point and kept the crowd going all night.

Yeah that's annoyingly true about their slot placements. Can always dream though for a surprise announcement, maybe as a legend slot or something in later festivals to come..

A few whiskey and moonshine shots in the fields sound ideal! As long as its not white lightning shine, get shudders from the 5 shots I took and the smell comparison to paint thinner

So who has the time on their hands to do a ranking of how many list appearances each band/artist has made?  

I assume noone but I think, assuming the festival is on the ball and the wished band is a realistic one, it would make a good prediction list of who would be there.

e.g Idles seem a safe bet.

7 hours ago, Heather90 said:

The country acts that Glasto have booked have been pretty big ones like Willie, KK, Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers. Would be great to see some smaller ones as well.  

This was on this year - looked interesting but I didn't go:

https://blackdeerfestival.com/

4 minutes ago, karaseen said:

The country acts that Glasto have booked have been pretty big ones like Willie, KK, Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers. Would be great to see some smaller ones as well.  

This was on this year - looked interesting but I didn't go:

https://blackdeerfestival.com/

Yeah, one of my mates went to that this year, he's already signed up for next year, was hassling me to go.

Great new country albums from Dawn Landes and Alejandro Escovedo.