Top 10 bands/ acts you'd love to see in 2019 - not headliners

Splonk

3 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Depeche Mode into NIN, what a night that was.

Left Depeche early to get a good spot for NIN. Never loved Mad Cool so much for making the stages so close together than at that point. Anticipation of watching NIN whilst watching I Just Can't Get Enough from a distance, great night.

Edited by Superunknown

1 minute ago, Superunknown said:

Left Depeche early to get a good spot for NIN. Never loved Mad Cool so much for making the stages so close together at that point. Anticipation of watching NIN whilst watching I Just Can't Get Enough from a distance, great night.

Not sure Massive Attack would agree with you though ?

NIN crowd was well empty, though. Headed over and got a decent spot after Depeche Mode had finished and got a beer in the crowd. When they came on we still had loads of room to move forward, and could have easily gone pretty close to the front but couldn't be arsed to, especially as I was the only one of my group who's particularly arsed about them.

59 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Woulda bought you one of those litre beers had I know you were around. That Sunday was a belter wasn’t it??

Was ace mate. One of my fave days ever at a festival. Great weather, great company and great music. I would not mind but I did not think DM were great. Will put that down to the fact I have seen them a gazillion times.

If we all manage to get tickets for Glasto, will have to make a point of hooking up with you and Nal at some point.

We are looking at going back to Mad Cool as well. Got a sneaky suspicion New Order will be in. Judging by the amount of Joy Division t shirts on show, I think they would go down a storm in that NIN slot.

13 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Lorra heat for Confidence Man on ‘ere. Saw them twice this summer. Guess they were ok. :huh:

I don’t get the love in for them. Half their album is pretty good. The other half sounds like it should be played at a 14 year old girls birthday party. 

24 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Max Bemis

Far out, I had no idea this guy was a musician, he writes good comics

Oh yeah! He was in a band called Say Anything who recently split. Maybe one of my favourite bands of all time. 

You've reminded me I need to check out his comics :)