"Pillow" pre-pitched camping

naomi1303

Has anyone used "Pillow" pre-pitched camping for Glasto? Have been struggling to find ANY reviews! Even their FB page doesn't have a review tab and virtually no user comments. Makes me suspicious. 

Basically, is it really a 15 min walk to gate D?  Are the tents decent or are they gross and smelly? Is there a hot food van on the site?

It's the cheapest pre-pitched we can see so wondering what the catch is...

I’ve never heard of them and I’ve searched through off-site camping options many a time over the years.  Apart from any dangers that they may not be legit, a 15 minute walk (so about a mile) at each end of the day is quite a trek and that’s not taking into account the walk to gate D from wherever you end up last thing..  In case you are new to Glastonbury festival as a guide we walk somewhere in the region of 12-15 miles onsite each day.  

Just googled it.  Ashcombe Farm is a place that many on here have recommended for the night before the festival so they (Ashcombe) may be doing something new for 2019.  If I remember correctly, people have been very complimentary about the place so my fears about it not being legit may be mis-placed but I’ll let others with more knowledge answer that.  The distance remains an issue.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mandolin said:

Just googled it.  Ashcombe Farm is a place that many on here have recommended for the night before the festival so they (Ashcombe) may be doing something new for 2019.  If I remember correctly, people have been very complimentary about the place so my fears about it not being legit may be mis-placed but I’ll let others with more knowledge answer that.  The distance remains an issue.

Apparently they've been doing it since at least 2013, which makes it stranger that there's so little online about them.

We usually get the coach package and camp up in Hitchen Hill so used to a bit of a trek but after the mud of 2016 we were tempted to bring the car and have a little bit of comfort. Not sure we would want to bring the car on site though and Pillow lets you have it next to the tent.

Still, it's about an hour to Hitchen Hill from the furthest point and would be longer to Ashcombe, plus no idea how well lit the route is after dark.

We might just go with what we know and pitch our own after all!