My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

4 hours ago, kingbadger said:

Having read @parsonjack's comments earlier I'm now a bit worried. Trying to refresh at say 40 times per minute on two devices on the same Wi-Fi, will that now kick you out to the holding page as it registers it as 80 per minute? Should it be just one device per IP address, not multiple browsers? Seems like a lot of people trying multiple devices or browsers might get kicked out unless using a VPN on each? 

You're correct, but it's not all bad news.  2 devices on same IP will likely be seen as same device and impacted by the cumulative refresh.  But, this will only be the case if the are both simultaneously connected to the same server which is allocated when you request the page.  As there are 4 servers and your connection is cycled around them every 59 seconds the chances of both devices being directed to the same server at the same time become lower.  Unfortunately there is no way to avoid this.

My advice would be go with a <1s refresh rate on both devices and leave the rest to fate.

1 minute ago, parsonjack said:

You're correct, but it's not all bad news.  2 devices on same IP will likely be seen as same device and impacted by the cumulative refresh.  But, this will only be the case if the are both simultaneously connected to the same server which is allocated when you request the page.  As there are 4 servers and your connection is cycled around them every 59 seconds the chances of both devices being directed to the same server at the same time become lower.  Unfortunately there is no way to avoid this.

My advice would be go with a <1s refresh rate on both devices and leave the rest to fate.

Probably not - if it's a bot blocker or Web Application Firewall, it'll sit in front of the Load Balancers and Servers.

Sorry, prob way techy for the audience here, but it's difficult to know. Just don't go absolutely bonkers on F5 and people will be fine.

8 minutes ago, Crossfit Jesus said:

For someone in a situation like my girlfriend who's trying at work with multiple others, what's the better option? Going through a VPN so she has a different IP than everyone else or just fingers crossed and trying on the same IP?

Go with the different IP.