My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

14 devices across our group, trying from London, Manchester and South Africa  never made it passed the holding page either. 

How is it possible that you can't get to the deposit screen but as soon as it's sold out everyone gets the "sucks for you" page immediately?! 

Congratulations to everyone who got through, have a blast and look after the farm for us losers  stuck at home. 

Edited by PaulieV

Aaagh, gutted. 16 people all trying, one person got through so 4 tickets out of 16. I’m not one of them so frankly I’m bloody miserable. Only one other got a registration page but that froze and knackered up, nobody else got a sniff ?

Edited by balti-pie

We had 10 trying in locations all over the country from north east, south east, wales to south west. Only 2 of us saw the registration page. Most of us never got the holding page at all once the frenzy had started. All of us trying with as many connections as they had - broadband/4G, all one tab and hitting refresh every 5-10 seconds (to avoid any chance of being called a robot).

My experience:
First, made donation to the DEC fund to help improve karma!!
Second, had everyone on skype at 08:40 all loading the page checking their set-ups.
My setup:
very old laptop 1 (but updated to windows 10) - tethered to 4G phone running one tab in IE/Edge and one tab in Chrome. Chrome timed out and refused to connect. Edge got through, barfed at payment page, back button to reg, re-fill reg - all goes through quickly - like lightning. 09:09.
Android tablet - 4G running one tab in Chrome - got the holding page consistently, refreshed fine but no reg page
laptop 2 - on home broadband over wifi running one tab FF and one tab Chrome. Chrome got the holding page and refreshed fine, FF got through - all deets in in one go, payment instant. 09:17

Back button trick didn't work post-payment page, so couldn't go back in a re-reg the other group - got bounced to the holding page.
Someone else got through and reg submission barfed because I'd already paid.
All 10 of us going - paid with one debit card. Been going since 2010, this was the most nerve wracking - son in one group, daughter in another!!
Then went to these forums to help but by the time I'd made sense of anything the sold out tweet went out.

I reckon apart from the totally random element to all of this, here's my advice: find out if there's a setting in chrome to stop it from saying "glasto tix site isn't responding, so bollocks to this" - not sure if that's the exact wording, but to get it not to time out. Use a combination of browsers, one tab - but don't go F5 crazy. Have loads of people trying.

PM me if you need help in the re-sale - more than happy to help and will prioritise stalwarts over newbies.

• 6 months later...

Thought I’d skim through this previous thread for the answer, but one does not simply skim through 66 pages! 

Will be trying from work tomorrow evening, & will have 15 people working the graveyard shift & I’m sure some will be desperate to help me try for tickets  just to relieve the boredom. 

With my basic computer knowledge, that can only be a good thing right ? There isn’t some sort of issue with people trying from the same server thingy is there ? SEE might think it’s a robot trying ? 

29 minutes ago, ChemicalBrother said:

Will be trying from work tomorrow evening, & will have 15 people working the graveyard shift & I’m sure some will be desperate to help me try for tickets  just to relieve the boredom. 

With my basic computer knowledge, that can only be a good thing right ? There isn’t some sort of issue with people trying from the same server thingy is there ? SEE might think it’s a robot trying ? 

It's all down to how many separate IP addresses you and your colleagues appear to be, as far as the SEE servers are concerned. If you all have your own IPs, then you're fine, you've got lots of extra chances of getting through. If they're all aggregated into one IP address at your work internet server (Network Address Translation, like what most domestic routers do), then you'll all appear like one person, and the risk of triggering bot-suppression is high.

The way to find out is to get several of your colleagues to type 'whatsmyip' into google, and if they're all different, you're fine; if they're all the same, you'd best limit your parallel attempts to just a few of you (and keep below that magic 60 refreshes per minute)

• Upvote 1

Please can someone remind me- once you get to the ticket page- it sometimes sticks or disappears- should I use the back button? However many times I’ve done this I panic and can’t remember how I got the page back- I’m thinking I would definitely not use refresh at this time. 

• 5 months later...

First time trying for tickets not succesful

i seemed to get through very quickly to a page hat said I was in the queue and that my system would refresh every 20 seconds. Did that mean that every 20 seconds I was back in a random queue and not the original one?

should I have manually kept refreshing the tab rather than wait 20 seconds ?

28 minutes ago, Francesca 123 said:

First time trying for tickets not succesful

i seemed to get through very quickly to a page hat said I was in the queue and that my system would refresh every 20 seconds. Did that mean that every 20 seconds I was back in a random queue and not the original one?

should I have manually kept refreshing the tab rather than wait 20 seconds ?

It's not a queue.  Yes, refresh the page manually once you are certain it's not loaded the booking details page. 

On 4/26/2019 at 5:18 PM, mumzilla said:

Please can someone remind me- once you get to the ticket page- it sometimes sticks or disappears- should I use the back button? However many times I’ve done this I panic and can’t remember how I got the page back- I’m thinking I would definitely not use refresh at this time. 

Yes back then submit. Don't refresh.