My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

Spent last night with a few mates watching Glasto videos and drinking beers.

It's the worst thing I could have done. I'm a bag of nerves.

It's not helping knowing the fact I have NEVER been successful. Tried four times, failed four times. Thankfully others have come through for me on two of those occasions. 

Jesus. Good luck, guys. 

Thanks all for giving me something to read over the last few days, helped to keep me sane although had ticket nightmares two nights in a row.  Woke up at 9.30 this morning, convinced it was Sunday and I had missed the sale...

Will be sixth Glasto for me if I make it.  Good luck to you all, hoping you get to see the booking screen in the morning.

Much love xxx

Auto Refresh extensions have worked for us in the past couple of years and we will deploy them again.

One window per browser - so a window for Chrome, FF and IE. All on four second auto refresh.

Auto Refresh is useful for refreshing broken pages as much as refreshing the holding page.

43 minutes ago, briddj said:

Auto Refresh extensions have worked for us in the past couple of years and we will deploy them again.

One window per browser - so a window for Chrome, FF and IE. All on four second auto refresh.

Auto Refresh is useful for refreshing broken pages as much as refreshing the holding page.

What happens if you get the booking page and it refreshes - does it stay on the booking page due to your 6 min window being in operation?

9 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Just in case:

Could someone please tell me where to find my host file on Vista (i.e. the correct pathway). I've done a search but am getting nowhere.

Gonna set a short cut to it.

Just in case.

c:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts.

10 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Just in case:

Could someone please tell me where to find my host file on Vista (i.e. the correct pathway). I've done a search but am getting nowhere.

Just in case.

Try....

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

Make sure you have permission to edit and save.

Edited by parsonjack

9 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Just in case:

Just in case.

Does that still work? I thought it didn't ...

Anyway, it should be at "C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc"
Make sure you're running Notepad as admin

9 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

c:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts.

9 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Try....

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

8 minutes ago, Gabi_says said:

Does that still work? I thought it didn't ...

Anyway, it should be at "C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc"
Make sure you're running Notepad as admin

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Especially for the Notepad as admin reminder!

Also have to remember to show all files and not just .txt ones.

Just done a trial run so notepad should go straight to that tomorrow (if a miracle happens).

Don't think there's much else I can do now.

2 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Especially for the Notepad as admin reminder!

Also have to remember to show all files and not just .txt ones.

Just done a trial run so notepad should go straight to that tomorrow (if a miracle happens).

Don't think there's much else I can do now.

You've got an incredibly slim chance of that being necessary, but I admire your thoroughness. If only you extended that to ditching vista, grandma ?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, briddj said:

I've not had that issue. A four second refresh timing is enough to hit the stop button.

In my experience, the autorefresh has carried on going, but still let me take my time to stop it and then could go ahead and book... using 'Easy Auto Refresh ' on chrome. 

On 9/19/2018 at 12:17 PM, Michaels denim shorts said:

another point thats not being discussed, make sure you put the payment card holder as the lead booker. and the card address will be prefilled for you. if using a payment card thats not the lead bookers you have several more address fields to edit before you can submit it

Surely the card doesn't have to be the lead tickets name.  Anyone can pay, cant they ?

I'm trying to remember the steps of getting to the golden page (to explain to newbies in my group).. Once your in the "queue" you don't have another splash screen do you, where you need to click something like "Click here for tickets". It's queue then straight to booking page, right?

Good luck to everyone tomorrow. 

6 minutes ago, StuckInTheMud said:

I'm trying to remember the steps of getting to the golden page (to explain to newbies in my group).. Once your in the "queue" you don't have another splash screen do you, where you need to click something like "Click here for tickets". It's queue then straight to booking page, right?

Good luck to everyone tomorrow. 

Yes it's the page where you enter registrations as soon as you're past the holding page, then you confirm the registrations (it gives your their names) and then on to payment details

• Upvote 1