My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

On 10/5/2018 at 7:40 AM, stuartbert two hats said:

A tricky one. If you're trying from multiple browsers then I tend to leave it on the off chance it's genuinely loading. The problem is, web requests can just get stuck sometimes - even on a server that's not under load. So not stopping it means you're potentially just wasting opportunities to refresh.

I would say the answer is to try on multiple browsers. Don't refresh more than 60 (maybe 30, we don't know!) times a minutes overall, but if one browser takes ages to refresh, then don't stop it, but switch to another browser. Of course, this might be bollocks.

Clear as mud?

Cheers thanks 

Fired up my laptop this morning for the first time in ages. All update and ready to go,. I’m going to use my laptop and iPad connected to my Wi-fi and my phone on 4g incognito. Think I’ll stick to chrome on all devices with one tab open, refreshing in order. 

Actually might use Firefox on my iPad. 

Edited by Dronx

Come on here for first time since yesterday afternoon and see 6+ pages of unread posts.

Think to myself "they've cracked it, someone knows how to bypass the hold screen and get straight to the booking page" 

Then I find out Bambers been on a mad one.

I thought you had your own thread for those vids fella?!

Can someone please help me with IP address question.  Very confused - when I look at my tablet and my husband's laptop both connected our home network WiFi the first set of 6/7 numbers are the same but the last 3/2 are different - when I hotspot my phone to my tablet /laptop first  8 numbers same (and also same as Wi-Fi connection numbers) but last  5 numbers are different.

SO does this mean they are all showing as different IP address or are they all showing as coming from the same IP.  Or is phone hotspot different from Wi-Fi IP -  AND if I was also using my phone on roaming too is that UP address going to be same as hotspots laptop ??

I am confused 

20 minutes ago, rithpotter said:

Apologies, as I know its been asked a million times before, but what card details do we need once we get through tomorrow?

The long sequence of numbers,  probably also the name on the card, the expiry date [maybe also the start date], and the three digit security number on the back.  Might be useful th have to hand any password for your cards that you have. You may be asked to give a few letter/numbers from a password.

Edited by scorp
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, henry bear said:

You’ve obviously got the touch. What’s your method on T day, if you don’t mind me asking?

no magic method I'm afraid. Half the times it just been me and the other times 2 of us. I've got the tickets 7 times and the other person twice. One time I got tickets a few minutes before 9 and one time in the last few minutes but other than that at random times. I come to work now, have done for the last 5 years and have 2 computers on the go refreshing each 1 every few seconds. Last year I didn't get a sniff and in the resale I didn't either but my wife got them after 10 minutes. If I'm successful this year we will have 2 newbies with us. My brother in law who turns 18 a few days before the festival and my 10 month old girl. She was there last year but safely tucked away in her mummies tummy

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Fred Zepplin said:

no magic method I'm afraid. Half the times it just been me and the other times 2 of us. I've got the tickets 7 times and the other person twice. One time I got tickets a few minutes before 9 and one time in the last few minutes but other than that at random times. I come to work now, have done for the last 5 years and have 2 computers on the go refreshing each 1 every few seconds. Last year I didn't get a sniff and in the resale I didn't either but my wife got them after 10 minutes. If I'm successful this year we will have 2 newbies with us. My brother in law who turns 18 a few days before the festival and my 10 month old girl. She was there last year but safely tucked away in her mummies tummy

We brought our little one to Glasto at that age years ago. We had a backpack to carry him which could also stand free...made the walking so much easier and enjoyable. It was wonderful. He's now fifteen.

Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 11.12.08.png

I personally think they only thing that matters is being organised and focused.

We've had the same group for the past three years and this will hopefully be the fourth.

I've been the one that has got the tickets for the last three years. It could be a coincidence of course, but other members of my group have done things like message at 9am to ask what the website is again, and they regularly after about 10 minutes start messaging the group saying how they haven’t had any luck etc.

Despite how much I try to drum things into them about how to go about it they never seem to get it. I looked on twitter during the coach sale and I was astounded by the amount of idiots on there who were tweeting after literally 5 minutes, moaning at See and Glastonbury because all they had was a holding page. If you’ve got time to tweet you’re not focused on the task in hand, and if you think you’re going to just casually click on the link and waltz straight through to booking page you’re absolutely deluded.

Just have your shit together and focus for 30 minutes.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, flyleen said:

We brought our little one to Glasto at that age years ago. We had a backpack to carry him which could also stand free...made the walking so much easier and enjoyable. It was wonderful. He's now fifteen.

Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 11.12.08.png

We’ve got something like that and also a bike trailer which can have a front wheel and handle added to it to make a big pram so she can lay down and sleep in it. 

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Aye.  Friends pinging you IMs or WhatsApps when you're in the zone gets annoying and just shows they're probably not giving it their all.

Drives me nuts, my lot do it all the time. it’s especially annoying when you actually happen to get through on your phone and you’ve got wassap messages constantly popping up all the time.

I think some people login at 9 and genuinely expect to get through straight away, but then after about 10 minutes get bored and despondent and swing to the opposite end of the scale, thinking they’ll never get through. You’re just as likely to get through after 1 minute or 30.

25 minutes ago, Fred Zepplin said:

Thanks Fred, good luck

These are the tips I'm giving our team. Anything missing/need amending?

Start refreshing at 08:50
Don't refresh more than 60 times in a second from one IP address, you might get locked out.
Once you're in (nice and calm) enter the registration numbers and post codes for everyone in your group.
The lead booker needs to be whoever's card it is going on.
Once you see Booking Complete, get back on the Seetickets link and start refreshing again.
Enter the registration numbers and post codes for another group. And again until we all have tickets.
Once you have some, go to the list of groups either here or on the google sheets link above and delete anyones name you got a ticket for, so we mess anything up.

Save you card details to your browser beforehand so you don't have to type it all in.

If you get to the point where you have entered the reg details and click proceedt, and it crashes. Click BACK, don't refresh.

Edited by mf_2005

14 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I personally think they only thing that matters is being organised and focused.

We've had the same group for the past three years and this will hopefully be the fourth.

I've been the one that has got the tickets for the last three years. It could be a coincidence of course, but other members of my group have done things like message at 9am to ask what the website is again, and they regularly after about 10 minutes start messaging the group saying how they haven’t had any luck etc.

Despite how much I try to drum things into them about how to go about it they never seem to get it. I looked on twitter during the coach sale and I was astounded by the amount of idiots on there who were tweeting after literally 5 minutes, moaning at See and Glastonbury because all they had was a holding page. If you’ve got time to tweet you’re not focused on the task in hand, and if you think you’re going to just casually click on the link and waltz straight through to booking page you’re absolutely deluded.

Just have your shit together and focus for 30 minutes.

Very well said Sir, got to be in the zone nothing else matters.

Tr234 - I have same issue - I am in New Zealand my friends  in my group are in the uk. The way I understand it is If the lead booker is from the uk (eg the one who manages to get through and get the tickets) then debit card will be fine regardless of who else is in the group. However if the us person is the lead booker they will need to use credit card. The card is linked to the lead booker regardless of who else is in the group.

Edited by ellenyt