My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

IF YOU'RE USING SHORTCUTS FOR MORE THAN 9 PEOPLE:

Make sure to change up the shortcut after the ninth person: #REG8, #REG9, #REGG10

Don't get caught out by entering your shortcut for the first person rather than the tenth, as it'll detect #REG1 before #REG10. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

How often do you refresh though? Just refresh, then see what page is loaded and if it's not booking page, refresh again until you finally get that glorious page? 

That's what I mean - no one really knows. I refresh and wait to see what page is loaded - but you apparently need to be careful not to go over 1 refresh a second. Or maybe you don't. No one knows. It's also hard to keep track of how quickly your pressing it in the head of the moment

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

That's what I mean - no one really knows. I refresh and wait to see what page is loaded - but you apparently need to be careful not to go over 1 refresh a second. Or maybe you don't. No one knows. It's also hard to keep track of how quickly your pressing it in the head of the moment

Queens of the stone age confirmed. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Yeah, it'll be extremely hard to keep track of it in the moment and no-one is actually going to count exactly how many times they refresh

Best to be a bit reserved with the F5 it seems come Sunday

1 hour ago, mufcok said:

Someone posted a very handy keyboard shortcut add on for Chrome in here a few days back. Does anyone know if something similar exists for Microsoft Edge?

I had planned to use Chrome with an auto text replacement add-on, but Chrome was pretty unresponsive yesterday. Additionally does anyone know of a similar add-on for Mozilla Firefox?

4 minutes ago, billum said:

As far as we can tell they both look the same (or indeed *are* the same page), and they look like this (although they might appear without the Glastonbury graphic above the text):

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/busy

It’s funny you say that because during the sale last night I don’t know if this was a website loading error but I got to a page where it was the text at the top of the page without the logo!

I have a question for those refreshing super fast. If I'm on a normal website and click a link it can take several seconds before the new link opens. Clicking refresh once a second would seem like the booking page would never get a chance to load? Should I be giving it a chance to load, or just be hammering away!? 

2 minutes ago, Supreme2 said:

It’s funny you say that because during the sale last night I don’t know if this was a website loading error but I got to a page where it was the text at the top of the page without the logo!

Yeah, we figured out they must have dropped the graphics from the page at about 6:10pm to speed up the process, so to speak

3 minutes ago, Supreme2 said:

I actually saved the webpage for offline viewing during the sale to practise for Sunday and this was the page I just mentioned!

image.jpg

Yep, that's the Headless Holding monster that turned up about 10 mins into the sale

It's mildly interesting though that the full page including the header graphic is still there on: https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/busy , which *sort of* suggests they're not in fact the same page

Wonder if we can conclude anything from that... maybe this is just a static one, and the other is served up on demand in the heat of the ticket sales?

Edited by billum
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, J.B. said:

I have a question for those refreshing super fast. If I'm on a normal website and click a link it can take several seconds before the new link opens. Clicking refresh once a second would seem like the booking page would never get a chance to load? Should I be giving it a chance to load, or just be hammering away!? 

Anybody? 

14 minutes ago, J.B. said:

Anybody? 

Personally, it doesn't make sense to me to refresh really fast....I want to be sure the page that's loading isn't a booking page! Other people may disagree. 

EDIT: I should probably add though....in four years now of trying, and 7 different sales, I have only ever got the payment page once. So I may very well be not the best person to take advice from.

Edited by Sasperella
  • Like 1

Just done an experiment. Went to https://glastonbury.seetickets.com and hit f5 really fast loads of times, and it went to a holding page.... Leave it for 20 seconds and it refreshes to the correct page. BUT if you then hit F5 straight away you get blocked again if that F5 takes you over the 60 refreshes in the past 60 seconds (I am assuming this last bit).

Check it out yourselves. Not going to help me get tickets on Sunday, but good to have a bit of insight., and might answer some questions (or raise others).