My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Ffs, maybe this is why I haven't gotten through once since (I think) the first sale in 2016 :lol:

In that case I'll probably go with one laptop tab plus my phone on 4G, and make sure I don't refresh either of them more than once a second. Then I'll be fine, yeah?

Maybe you will...but that's exactly what I did and I got nowhere either :lol:

6 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Haha yeah I meant fine in terms of not being locked out or whatever. Well aware I probably still won't end up with tickets :lol:

The more than once a second thing is particularly stressful - I found myself second guessing about whether I was being overly cautious and could be going faster, and then speeding up a bit and being worried I was locked out. As if any additional pressure was needed!

8 minutes ago, mufcok said:

I find more than one browser too much work to keep on top of. Thinking of just focusing all attention on one browser, shit or bust

Im going to use to laptops i can just press the F5 button on with one browser on each... as you say its tough to mess about with mouse  etc...

My tactic is.... F5 on Laptop 1 (one one thousand) F5 on Laptop 2 (one one thousand) Refresh on tablet (one one thousand) and repeat.... Will be impossible for me to hit the 60 times in a minute then haha 

41 minutes ago, Havors said:

Well ive tested it personally... multiple browsers all are on their own individual threshold.... all using the same machine/IP. 

As soon as you use multiple windows of the same browser... when you hit the 60/s limit they all hit it regardless of when you started refreshing. Its common sense they use cookies/tokens to identify the session/connection to the server. 

I've also tested it personally and had separate browsers, even devices, all count as one, ie all get the busy page together. Sometimes, if I've opened one browser sometime after the previous, this hasn't happened - which is explicable by @parsonjack's theory about load balancing.

4 minutes ago, ktj_sbs said:

does anyone know a good copy and paste app for android that allows you to quickly store and paste multiple bits of text quickly (i'm thinking reg numbers).  Not sure i trust myself typing the numbers in manually....

I've used this for my galaxy phone. Saved each reg has g1, g2 and so on

Open the app menu and then the settings.

Scroll down and select "General administration" and then "Language and input"

Tap "On-Screen Keyboard" and then "Samsung Keyboard"

Tap "Text Recognition" and continue with "Text-Shortcuts".

You can now create a new app shortcut using the "Add" button.

Tap "Add" to save it.

Edited by Drfoxxx
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

The more than once a second thing is particularly stressful - I found myself second guessing about whether I was being overly cautious and could be going faster, and then speeding up a bit and being worried I was locked out. As if any additional pressure was needed!

Yeah this is why I'm going to cycle through different browsers. So I know I'm not hitting the limit but also know I'm not going any slower than I could be. Will just have a browser open in each half of my laptop screen and one on my phone in front of me, then cycle through them like mad until one hopefully gets through :P

2 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I've opened one browser sometime after the previous, this hasn't happened -

this... if you open different ones at same time i.e. fresh at same time they will obviously all hit the limit at same time. 

Staggering them you see they hit at different times. You also have to account for some latency with the refreshing...

33 minutes ago, mufcok said:

All you can do is try get full group of 6, be it people you know or people from here. Make sure everyone in that group is trying for you and any other spare hands; family members who know the score or friends who aren't going but are up and willing to help

I'm sick with nerves every year but I've been sorted every year since I started going (2011), only 1 of them years did I actually get them myself.

Everyone is in the same boat

Just my husband and I this year...if anyone is looking to fill a group with two more DM please. We will be trying here and happy to increase chances helping others and ourselves.

3 minutes ago, Drfoxxx said:

Sorry if this has already been asked/ answered but when you press f5 for example, when it's loading and say it takes 5 seconds, are you better pressing f5 again or just leaving it? 

Leave the F5 until it's clear it's not a booking page....this should be clear within a few seconds, but if the page fails to load after 10-15 then you may need to take a leap of faith and hit it rather than continue waiting for a page that may simply be another busy page.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Seen loads of different opinions but is it best to keep refreshing the page or just wait? If you keep refreshing will you at some point if lucky get through to a booking page? Not sure how it works as I've never done it before! Any advice or anything would be grand

Definitely don't wait! Everyone agrees you have to refresh, just people aren't sure how quickly or on how many devices at the same time

Just now, Sasperella said:

Definitely don't wait! Everyone agrees you have to refresh, just people aren't sure how quickly or on how many devices at the same time

How often do you refresh though? Just refresh, then see what page is loaded and if it's not booking page, refresh again until you finally get that glorious page? 

3 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Leave the F5 until it's clear it's not a booking page....this should be clear within a few seconds, but if the page fails to load after 10-15 then you may need to take a leap of faith and hit it rather than continue waiting for a page that may simply be another busy page.

Cheers pal! Good luck Sunday :) 

7 minutes ago, Drfoxxx said:

I've used this for my galaxy phone. Saved each reg has g1, g2 and so on

Open the app menu and then the settings.

Scroll down and select "General administration" and then "Language and input"

Tap "On-Screen Keyboard" and then "Samsung Keyboard"

Tap "Text Recognition" and continue with "Text-Shortcuts".

You can now create a new app shortcut using the "Add" button.

Tap "Add" to save it.

great.  don't have a samsung but in my Gboard there is a thing called personal dictionary which works exactly as you say.  That makes it easier thanks.

Just now, The All Round Ball :| said:

How often do you refresh though? Just refresh, then see what page is loaded and if it's not booking page, refresh again until you finally get that glorious page? 

Yeah, but make sure you're not refreshing more than once a second as it seems like doing so blocks you from getting through.

Just now, FrancisH said:

Let's say i have been excessive with my F5'ing, and i'm on the "fake" queue page - which i'm sure is what happened last night... how do I get rid of the block? Wait a bit? Delete cookies? Give up hope and cry?

Waiting 20 seconds should do it - it will then refresh itself back to the normal busy page (or even the ticket booking page!) and then your normal programming has been resumed

• Upvote 1