My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

3 minutes ago, flyleen said:

Me refreshing my page. ?

giphy.gif

Do I have any chance at all without a group or VPN or autofiull? Gosh not feeling techy at all?

Of course! I didn’t use any techy shenanigans last night...took time & perseverance but got there in the end.

Just me & the mrs...no VPN, no autofill...just a dose of pure dumb luck

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Does anyone know any good prayers that work towards any particular Gods? Will to take up any religion if it helps.....

As they say here in Ireland....

My nanny will light a candle for you

5 hours ago, morph100 said:

Does anyone know any good prayers that work towards any particular Gods? Will to take up any religion if it helps.....

Our Father, Mr Michael Eavis
Hallowed be thy land
Thy people come
they'll pray for sun
But get mud, as it rains from heaven
Give us this day our longed for ticket
And comfort the ticketless
As we've comforted those that were ticketless before us
And lead us not into portaloos
And deliver us from the longdrops
For thine is the kingdom
The pyramid and the greenfields
For ever and ever
F5

Shamelessly stolen from an @Curlygirl post .... please give upvotes to @Curlygirl

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 6

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

Our Father, Mr Michael Eavis
Hallowed be thy land
Thy people come
they'll pray for sun
But get mud, as it rains from heaven
Give us this day our longed for ticket
And comfort the ticketless
As we've comforted those that were ticketless before us
And lead us not into portaloos
And deliver us from the longdrops
For thine is the kingdom
The pyramid and the greenfields
For ever and ever
F5

Shamelessly stolen from an @Curlygirl post 

Noice

been quiet this year in the build up as I was on hollibobs in Morocco until yesterday, I'm about today then tomorrow I'm at a wedding all day. I'll be up bright and early for tickets though on Sunday morning come hell high water or hangover.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the tips and good luck to you all getting tickets.

May the ticket gods shine upon thee and all that

Hi! Can you help settle a debate please? ?

We have multiple groups of 6 set up and ready for Sunday (spreadsheet, WhatsApp group etc.!). 

Lead booker in group 3 is saying that we need to keep communicating on WhatsApp to say they're on the payment page and if they're trying for someone else's group. The reason, he says, is that if two people are trying to process the same group simultaneously it may/will block the transaction, if that makes sense. 

I said that surely whoever presses payment confirmation first will have the tickets, and if (for example) 15 /20 seconds later the other person presses confirm, that won't effect the original transaction? 

Hard to explain but does someone understand what I'm getting at? Do we really need to keep talking on WhatsApp cos I think it's a pain when people may be using their phones or need to check the group for details? Surely its a case of saying nothing from 08:55am unless you're saying "Group X sorted, keep trying for others".

4 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I got through on machine located in Cardiff (cue conspiracy theories on geographical proximity to Somerset ?) - and around the same time I got through on my direct browser in Stockport. 

BTW strictly speaking I didn't use any VPNs, I used remote desktop to control VMs (virtual machines).

Ok I see (I think!). Can run a vpn on my phone. If no luck on Sunday I might try firing that up in desperation!

32 minutes ago, sam1981 said:

Yeah you're probably right. Won't stop me giving it a go on Sunday though just in case. ?

I think if you're doing that and you've got others trying to via alternative mechanisms then the odds must be increased :)

Hopefully there aren't too many people just leaving it to you ;)  

9 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

We have multiple groups of 6 set up and ready for Sunday (spreadsheet, WhatsApp group etc.!). 

Lead booker in group 3 is saying that we need to keep communicating on WhatsApp to say they're on the payment page and if they're trying for someone else's group. The reason, he says, is that if two people are trying to process the same group simultaneously it may/will block the transaction, if that makes sense. 

I said that surely whoever presses payment confirmation first will have the tickets, and if (for example) 15 /20 seconds later the other person presses confirm, that won't effect the original transaction? 

Hard to explain but does someone understand what I'm getting at? Do we really need to keep talking on WhatsApp cos I think it's a pain when people may be using their phones or need to check the group for details? Surely its a case of saying nothing from 08:55am unless you're saying "Group X sorted, keep trying for others".

This happened to me in the last main sale. It can be a big issue and it cost us tickets. I happened to get a booking screen and successfully entered all our details but by the time I’d got to payment another group had got through and bought tickets for them and somebody else in my group.

Basically if you get the booking screen and somebody in your group has already had tickets bought for them (payment taken booking fully confirmed) you’ll be fine because you’ll be warned and you can take them out, but if you get a booking screen before somebody in your group has bought tickets but they are also in the process of trying to book it will screw one of you up.

I can’t remember the exact issue but I’ve still got the screen shots so I’ll dig them out, basically when I was trying to pay it told me somebody already had tickets but then when I went back a few screens and deleted them when I tried to go forward it told me our registrations were blocked temporarily, even with the offender removed. Basically it fucked the rest of us.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

8 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

All 3 groups try for themselves... then when one gets their tickets they start trying again for one of the other groups. That is when people should start monitoring a chat or if you are all on PC... use a voice chat application so you can all talk and not have to type. Teamtalk is one I used to use back in the day. 

11 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I think if you're doing that and you've got others trying to via alternative mechanisms then the odds must be increased :)

Hopefully there aren't too many people just leaving it to you ;)  

I've got 3 laptops, 2 phones and hopefully some friends also trying! ?

13 hours ago, Northern Soul said:

Latency

IP Address(‘)

Host file hacks

VPN

WiFi

3G

UK

Abroad

Back doors

Front doors

Good luck

Bad luck

Groups

Singles

Gay

Straight

Bi

Trans

Pan

Buddha

Jesus

Mohammad

Morse code

Semaphore.

Vogue.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

May be a coincidence but I had Chrome, Mozilla, Edge and IE open on one laptop and chrome on another. Both chrome pages went to a white screen error message at 6 'clock whereas all the others didn't. Still didn't get through but chrome was the only one which white screened.

Edited by Beerqueen

OK. So I was stuck in stationary traffic in Marlborough at 5:55PM last night. Thought I'd test out my G2019 bookmark. Got straight through at 6PM to booking system with just one refresh. iPhone 4g Safari. Closed page immediately to let others through.

Now we all know that getting to the booking system welcome page is no guarantee of tickets and you have to F5 like a bastard until you get the next AddRegistrations page. However, it seemed like things had improved slightly (a lot?) over previous years.

Hope our luck holds out for Sunday. Bricking it as usual.....

1 hour ago, Havors said:

Anyone else think its time to expand the festival even more? accommodate another 50k people...  :D:D

The interest in going just seems to be going up and its getting harder to get a ticket every year!

Judging by the discussion on here the Steve Jobs Memorial Stage would go down well....headline set from Bill and Melinda Gates....Tim Berners-Lee in the Legend slot. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2