My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

13 minutes ago, mpdow2 said:

Hi

ticket 101 question here and I’m sure it has been answered but don’t want to look through whole thread

if you have a group of 6 and 2 of that group  both get to the coach page are we causing it to stuff up as both trying to buy at same time. 2 of us were in for like 15 but whatever coach we tried it didn’t work

Many thanks in advance 

Not if you’re both trying for the same 6 people, whoever gets them first will be fine and the second person will just be told there is already a booking against those registration numbers.

It’s only when the groups are mixed it will screw up the people who didn’t get bought for by the person who paid first.

8 hours ago, semmtexx said:

Nice on the tickets!

So the set up on multiple vpns got you a booking page then. Anywhere in particular?

I got through on machine located in Cardiff (cue conspiracy theories on geographical proximity to Somerset ?) - and around the same time I got through on my direct browser in Stockport. 

BTW strictly speaking I didn't use any VPNs, I used remote desktop to control VMs (virtual machines).

Anyone have any ideas if i was doing something wrong:

two of our group got through, at different times. got as far as confirming the number of coach tickets we required - From manchester, select between 0 & 5, clicked five and confirm.

Kept getting this message of a variation of. (i don't seem to be the only one) i did try and select Liverpool, as were pretty close by but the drop down box only had 0 in, which i took for the coach being sold out from there)

Just don't want to be in the same boat come Sunday, I feel its so much harder with coach - all the options and different pages to get through 

Doc1.docx

Sorry about the picture format, was never good at this computing malarkey 

Edited by upshitcreek

28 minutes ago, GL45 TOS said:

Hi all, long time viewer, first time poster on account of an issue I had yesterday. 

When we tried we like so many others got to a page which said “processing maximum number of transactions”. Do we refresh that page even if it’s loading (ie the arrow button on the Address bar of the iPhone is now an “X” rather than an arrow or do we press x and reload again? Same for the computer, do we stop and reload or do we wait until the stops thinking?

other observation is that once we clicked on the pink button it took a while to go through to next page- again, do we stop the browser if it’s thinking after pressing the pink button or do we wait? At what point of the process do we never click refresh and let it load? Which is a nightmare to watch btw!

A tricky one. If you're trying from multiple browsers then I tend to leave it on the off chance it's genuinely loading. The problem is, web requests can just get stuck sometimes - even on a server that's not under load. So not stopping it means you're potentially just wasting opportunities to refresh.

I would say the answer is to try on multiple browsers. Don't refresh more than 60 (maybe 30, we don't know!) times a minutes overall, but if one browser takes ages to refresh, then don't stop it, but switch to another browser. Of course, this might be bollocks.

Clear as mud?

7 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Thank you so much @Charm that is so kind of you. Starting to feel really down about my chances these days. In a small group we've just got no hope! I will DM you tomorrow xx

I remember you didn’t make it last time, really hope I can get you there.

Agree with you about it being harder for small groups too, we always hear about massive groups getting everyone in, they definitely have an advantage.

Charm x

4 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Absolutely shitting it.

I got angry at my wife in the night as I was having a dream which involved not getting tickets due to something she'd done (I can't remember what that was mind) it got me sufficiently angry that I kicked her :lol:

If it helps anyone i got Thursday bus tickets about 9 mins into the sale 
Was using 6 machines (3 windows, 2 mac, 1 raspberry pi with linux) 2 on wifi , 2 on a phone hotspot and 2 more on different phone hotspot all runining chrome
Got through on a mac with a 4g Hotspot
I had 1 tab open on each machine
and kept pressing refresh as fast as i could in a loop (this left about a 4-6 second interval for each machine refresh)
Ended up getting through with a mac on a hotspot

One thing to note when trying to pay the page became unresponsive, I copied the URL to another tab put in the credit card details again  and was able to pay 
Also i did end up getting a white screen a few times with a bit of text saying something about the server being overloaded refreshing this page didnt seem to ever kick me back to the queue, but going back to this page https://glastonbury.seetickets.com (keep it bookmarked) and selecting my bus date again got me back into the queue quickly

4 minutes ago, Charm said:

I remember you didn’t make it last time, really hope I can get you there.

Agree with you about it being harder for small groups too, we always hear about massive groups getting everyone in, they definitely have an advantage.

Charm x

Thank you! I did actually go in 2017, thanks to a kind efester, but it was 2016 I missed. Any help gratefully appreciated! 

7 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Thank you! I did actually go in 2017, thanks to a kind efester, but it was 2016 I missed. Any help gratefully appreciated! 

Knew you missed one, so nice to know that someone here got your tickets, this really is a great place.

Charm x

1 hour ago, Andeeroo said:

The 60 refreshes in 60 seconds did play on my mind last night. Gonna hook my laptop up to a VPN on Sunday for that extra IP and set it to auto-refresh every couple of seconds. At least then I shouldn't have to worry too much about my refresh rate on the desktop.

I was really worried about this too as there’s no way to know if you’ve overdone it, closed the page down a few times as I thought I might just be refreshing a blocked page. 

Charm x

You lot are the only ones who seem to understand the desperation of getting tickets. About to head out into London and seeing people all relaxed and going about their day is nuts. Will be trying for tickets for me and hubby who is in India for work at the moment.

Am also reading everything I can for tips and insight into bettering my chances. Thanks ALL!

Didn't get anywhere last night.  My plan for Sunday is 2 laptops.  1 logged in to wife's works server the other my Wi-Fi.  Then tether my phone to a tablet so another IP address and try my luck.  Ive got tickets for many years by refreshing f5 like mad BUT didn't get anywhere near booking page in 2017 I presume this was either a result of the 60 refresh limit  or bad luck.  What threw  me last night was the holding page said about 20 second countdown which for many years it always has but could manually refresh if you wanted to.  My question is, is the 60 refresh limit just for programs that auto refresh and seetickets spot that or is it just for us mashing f5 and hoping for the best?

50 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I got through on machine located in Cardiff (cue conspiracy theories on geographical proximity to Somerset ?) - and around the same time I got through on my direct browser in Stockport. 

BTW strictly speaking I didn't use any VPNs, I used remote desktop to control VMs (virtual machines).

I had 15 VM's spun up in MS Azure, dotted around the world. VM's in Asia and Australia got me tickets though suspect the location didn't make any difference. As ever just luck and the more connections, the more you tilt luck slightly in your favour.

Autofill certainly helped to speed things up with completing the form though those boxes to tick were a pain in the ass.

2 minutes ago, Keithy said:

I had 15 VM's spun up in MS Azure, dotted around the world. VM's in Asia and Australia got me tickets though suspect the location didn't make any difference. As ever just luck and the more connections, the more you tilt luck slightly in your favour.

Autofill certainly helped to speed things up with completing the form though those boxes to tick were a pain in the ass.

I should really look into autofill.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I should really look into autofill.

Once Titters has updated the spreadsheet, will message you the script I wrote (and chrome extension used). Have set up profiles so you can choose which profile to execute on the page to autofill the necessary regs. Once one group is done, you change the profile and the next group autofill.

• Upvote 1

I am a bit confused about the IP address could someone clear it up for me please  - will my mobile phone and my husband's mobile phone have different IP's ?  - we both are with 'three' but obv have different phone numbers and contracts.

I was thinking of running

1 x laptop on hotspot from my phone and my phone,

1 x laptop on hotspot from my husbands phone -

my daughters phone and my sons lap top on our wifi at home. 

So am I right in thinking that is 3 different IP addresses and as long as we don't refresh more than 60 times a minute over each two devices we should be fine ? !

(I have been reading this thread for the past week, fantastic !  I laughed at first when people were saying they had had nightmares, but last night I had my second nightmare that I did not get tickets because I couldn't connect to a network and my phone stopped working !!!! First nightmare was that I overslept and had 1 minute left !!!!)

Good luck everyone  - if by some miracle I get tickets on Sunday,  I will keep trying for folks here