My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

Seeing a few people had problems with the tick boxes out of place and not letting them tick the box. Anyone have the same? Doesn't fill me with confidence for no technicals on Sunday :( Imagine getting through and not being able to tick a box because of an error on the page

We were lucky enough to get 2 Wednesday Bristol tickets...the super-early ones had all gone - but I’ll happily take a pair of 10:30am tickets! :D

It never stops feeling like a small miracle when that booking form appears.

If anyone wants a hand in the Sunday scrum, give me a shout...I’m happy to try!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, tarff26 said:

If someone were to start trying at 9am on sunday and hit refresh every few second, would they be further forward in any ‘queue’ than someone else firing up their laptop at 9:30 and trying from then?

There is no "queue" as such, but tickets have sold out in 30mins before so you risk missing them all if you turn up late.

9 minutes ago, tarff26 said:

If someone were to start trying at 9am on sunday and hit refresh every few second, would they be further forward in any ‘queue’ than someone else firing up their laptop at 9:30 and trying from then?

I think it’s just down to whether or not you refresh right at that magic moment...no skill, no strategy...just pure luck of the draw. 

50 minutes ago, D-Low said:

Seeing a few people had problems with the tick boxes out of place and not letting them tick the box. Anyone have the same? Doesn't fill me with confidence for no technicals on Sunday :( Imagine getting through and not being able to tick a box because of an error on the page

Yep. The last box of t&c wouldn’t click.... we had to minimise the screen in the end. 

We spent 5 mins just trying to click that bloody thing!!!!

5 minutes ago, dogeggs said:

I think it’s just down to whether or not you refresh right at that magic moment...no skill, no strategy...just pure luck of the draw. 

Thanks, and to Simsy too. 9:30 was an arbitrary ‘later’ time but I take your point.

1 hour ago, Dangertappy said:

I did that and selected 4, but it kept saying it didn't match the number of registrations:( annoying 

Well annoying.... ours had 0 or 6... we clicked 6.

didnt have any problems with that. We had to go back 3 times to re-enter the details.... then after putting card details in the t&c box wouldn’t physically tick!!! Luckily at 6:15 it did.... keep looking at email confirmation. Feel in a dream world ? 

ps.... don’t forget that coaches are in such high demand. 15000 compared to 120000 is a massive difference.

everyone trying just in case.... only reason we tried is to free up more people to try for others come Sunday.

good luck 

3 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

So it' saying sold out but hasn't gone back to normal screen 

I know that means it is but it doesn't make me feel like it is. 

fuck this not again! :(

Sorry to hear you failed, my group is full but I’m happy to take your details and try for you if I manage to get mine. 

Charm x

8 minutes ago, Jcatley said:

Be interesting to know what people’s estimates are of number of people trying for coach sales and the number for general 

250,000 for coaches and over a million for Sunday morning according to Seetickets analytics.

2 minutes ago, sam1981 said:

For those who were successful, can we get a little poll going of how you succeeded to see if there's a pattern? 

e.g. Laptop on WiFi, from work, vpn to work, phone on 4g, etc...

Or is it just totally random as I suspect. ?

Old iMac on WiFi at home. 

Edited by dogeggs

And for those using VPN, if you're doing it to your corporate network where they've got a big fat pipe with low latency (and you're using the browser on a machine at work or in a Data Centre) then I get how that can be an advantage...

But if you're using a VPN to obscure your IP, or to appear to come from another region, then what's the benefit - other than having one more IP? Surely by using your local browser on your laptop and going via another country only adds more hops and therefore latency? 

Just trying to understand the best tactics for Sunday... 

Edited by sam1981