My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

12 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Still different :)

Maybe that's why universities don't suffer the same over refreshing fate as you might in a house - something about how the university Eduroam wifi works. No one would ever get a ticket in halls otherwise!

Internal class c range used for wireless access. Probably started 192.168 or similar? If you want to check public IP point your browser at an on line ip checker

4th year going (hopefully). Got a group of 6 girls and a group of 3 guys including me, all newbies.

My old group has split a little to bring in new blood.

Wasn't keen on going this year, and now with less than 30 mins left I'm more excited than ever.

1 minute ago, Pinhead said:

Internal class c range used for wireless access. Probably started 192.168 or similar? If you want to check public IP point your browser at an on line ip checker

Yeh, they both start 143.167....and then the remaining numbers are different. I googled "whats my ip" on both...?

22 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Yeh, I feel worryingly nauseous. 

My friend just text me asking for our details because even though he doesn't want a coach ticket, he loves the buzz so much he needs the T-Day hit. Mental. 

Sunday I could use some help please. Today I'm trying for some friends.

5 minutes ago, Crossfit Jesus said:

Ahh okay, so two people trying in the same household should be okay as long as you're not going mad with the refreshing? It's just if you had like 10 people refreshing every second?

It's a bit of a lottery....if they both pick up the same load-balancer IP through DNS then they would be seen as same device and the cumulative refresh count would affect you.  But, there are 4 load-balancers and your connection to each only lasts 59 seconds before you get connected to another of the 4.  The chances of both devices being on the same load-balancer and therefore being seen as the same device throughout the sale is therefore pretty low.

In a nutshell...yes it should be OK but there's no guarantee, and unfortunately little way round it,

Good luck everybody.

It's always both terrifying and heart-warming reading efests around T-Day.   It probably makes me even more nervous than I would be if I just ignored the place but it's also nice to see people helping each other out and genuinely hoping everyone else succeeds.

I can't offer many technical tips.   All you can do is have all of your details ready to go in a way that is quick and the rest is up to the ticket Gods, I think.

Just now, RyanS said:

It's always both terrifying and heart-warming reading efests around T-Day.

Reading this thread is torture, but I can't make myself stay away.

I wish I didn't enjoy Glastonbury so much. Wouldn't have to deal with this stress almost every October.

2 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

It's a bit of a lottery....if they both pick up the same load-balancer IP through DNS then they would be seen as same device and the cumulative refresh count would affect you.  But, there are 4 load-balancers and your connection to each only lasts 59 seconds before you get connected to another of the 4.  The chances of both devices being on the same load-balancer and therefore being seen as the same device throughout the sale is therefore pretty low.

In a nutshell...yes it should be OK but there's no guarantee, and unfortunately little way round it,

For someone in a situation like my girlfriend who's trying at work with multiple others, what's the better option? Going through a VPN so she has a different IP than everyone else or just fingers crossed and trying on the same IP?