My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

Just now, Stretlow said:

if you do hit this busy screen what happens then. does it let you back in after a short period or are you screwed?

That's what I'd like to know! Is this the busy screen you're on about?

372671722_ScreenShot2018-10-04at09_53_50.thumb.png.cf08a8a9328a5cd4a18f124b73852159.png

I just got it after refreshing more quickly than once per second. Doing about once per second seemed fine for me, though. 

16 hours ago, parsonjack said:

See had 4 IP addresses advertised through DNS and allocated on a round-robin basis (as they still do btw...).  Each of these represents a load-balancer (the actual Web and application servers will be behind these on internal private IP's).  Back then See used an IP range which I think began 194.168.x.x.  On ticket day it was noticed that one of 4 x IP's was actually advertised as 192.168.x.x which would be a simple configuration mistake to make as the 192.168.x.x range is commonly used as a private IP range.  What it meant however was that the 4th load-balancer was not being advertised publicly for use, and by simply adding the correct 194.168.x.x address to Host files it could be specifically resolved to and serviced ticket requests very nicely thankyou....until See spotted the error and fixed DNS,

Fingers crossed the same tech guy is on shift this weekend ?

haha!

2 minutes ago, panasonic2011 said:

So don't want to sound dumb and I've just refreshed page less than 1 second for 30 times and got busy page.  So getting this busy page does this mean I've got back rather than if I slowed the refresh time down I'd still be in with a chance of getting booking page

Do you mean is there a chance of redemption? Yes! I just tried practicing continuing to refresh slowly after getting the busy page and then it goes back to the previous page, but then back to busy page if you again go fast

Have tried it on chrome and safari....chrome seems to upload the page faster. Wondering if i should use that on the day rather than safari. Any thoughts?

1 minute ago, The Martini Police said:

Can someone please remind me of the structure of the coach ticket page in terms of the user journey? Do you filter by location first and then day (Wed, Thurs?)? Or is it a massive list or combinations? 

From memory, I think you pick the day first and then the location on the next page. I can't remember what happens if you're in the "wednesday" option and they all sell out while there are some "thursday" tickets remaining though...

2 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Ok listen up people.....I've been testing out the refresh rate thing again and it seems that I now get the 'busy' page when I F5 at anything up to a 2 second interval.....and it seems to fire after just 30 keystrokes rather than after 60 seconds.

Now I'll caveat this with the facts that I have been trying this for some time, so there is the possibility that See have clocked me specifically, and I'm also currently on hotel wifi in Thailand (although I get same result with a VPN connection on a UK IP).

Before I cause widespread panic that the F5 rate is now limited to 2 seconds instead of 1 could people out there try this and corroborate or otherwise please?  If we can prove it's not the case then I will have this post removed.

Like I say, may just be me, but let's see if we can be sure of that. It's also possible that See have wound it down ahead of tonight's sale and will lift it back up later....

If you want to ensure you keep a regular F5 rate download a metronome app, set it to 35bpm, and keep in step with that.

Mine is still going to the loading page on the 60th refresh. 

I've been running the page on a 1s refresh for a few minutes and all is working fine. 

6 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Can someone please remind me of the structure of the coach ticket page in terms of the user journey? Do you filter by location first and then day (Wed, Thurs?)? Or is it a massive list or combinations? 

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but when you eventually get through to the booking page you'll see two large 'buttons' essentially.

One for Wednesday Coach package and one for Thursday. You select whichever you want and then you can select location / time and enter reg. details and postcodes. Then you proceed to confirm all details and get to the payment page and then BOOM!

See photo below, obviously this example has Wednesday as sold out.

image.png.e8fa735aa441999990bad4041b296c3e.png

Edited by pentura
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

That's what I'd like to know! Is this the busy screen you're on about?

372671722_ScreenShot2018-10-04at09_53_50.thumb.png.cf08a8a9328a5cd4a18f124b73852159.png

I just got it after refreshing more quickly than once per second. Doing about once per second seemed fine for me, though. 

I thought this was just the usual holding page...what page are we expecting to see on Sunday if we refresh at a normal rate?

Just now, Mouseboy11 said:

I thought this was just the usual holding page...what page are we expecting to see on Sunday if we refresh at a normal rate?

So did I but I just tried refreshing myself at a ridiculous rate and got that after a minute or so. Guess we'll fine out later on in the coach sale what we're expecting/hoping/praying to see Sunday