My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

4 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Out of curiosity what is the earliest any eFesters have got through and successfully bought tickets? I always seem to be about 2 minutes before the "sold out" tweets start getting posted which does absolutely nothing for my TDay nerves!

A few years ago, I was on the booking page at around 08:59 (Was just before 09:00), and had an email confirmation at something like 9:02. 

2 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Out of curiosity what is the earliest any eFesters have got through and successfully bought tickets? I always seem to be about 2 minutes before the "sold out" tweets start getting posted which does absolutely nothing for my TDay nerves!

It's become progressively more stressful since 2009, to the point now where it is in the lap of the ticket gods.

Last year I was done and dusted inside the first 2 minutes, could not believe it. 2010 - 2016 it varied, including missing out (though  brandycoke on here did bag my tickets in the resale; I reciprocated the following year - we've yet to meet in person). 

It is what it is.......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pinhead said:

What years were they btw - my mind is hazy. Recent one was 2015 or something wasn't it, but the previous was way back at end of noughties or something?

You've been going every year since the year dot - what's your secret? ;)

Tbh I wish I had a secret.   Back when I first started going I was very fortunate, first couple of times I worked and then when I wanted to just have a nice time some very lovely people were very kind to me. 

As the price and popularity of the tickets rose that became more difficult so since then I've been buying, initially from the shop, then using persistence and the back button so you could help lots of pals, who sometimes I quietly resented for being so relaxed about my fraught endeavours.  Later however that quietness paid dividends as those same folks returned the favour in years where they got through successfully and I had only seen queue pages or blank screens.

Sometimes having access to a place with a monstrous low latency connection seemed hugely beneficial, then other times that failed when people on 3g succeeded.

So really; keep an eye on efestivals of course, having a few people trying can easily be the difference, ensuring your data is ready and correct, being prepared to persevere and compromise if necessary.

Edited by clarkete

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

Normally after about 10-15 minutes after then I get pessimistic even if there is another hour or so trying  to go. With the coach sale normally 5 mins and then the clouds descend on my optimism

57 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Tbh I wish I had a secret.   Back when I first started going I was very fortunate, first couple of times I worked and then when I wanted to just have a nice time some very lovely people were very kind to me. 

As the price and popularity of the tickets rose that became more difficult so since then I've been buying, initially from the shop, then using persistence and the back button so you could help lots of pals, who sometimes I quietly resented for being so relaxed about my fraught endeavours.  Later however that quietness paid dividends as those same folks returned the favour in years where they got through successfully and I had only seen queue pages or blank screens.

Sometimes having access to a place with a monstrous low latency connection seemed hugely beneficial, then other times that failed when people on 3g succeeded.

So really; keep an eye on efestivals of course, having a few people trying can easily be the difference, ensuring your data is ready and correct, being prepared to persevere and compromise if necessary.

Interesting. Do you have other options to get in if you don't get a ticket? Basically if I don't then I know I'll have to work it again for Oxfam!

Unsuccessful after four years of attempts for tickets prior to the fallow year, I'm determined to give myself the best chance of getting tickets.

My question - what happens if I give my details to two separate groups that are going? Do I mess it up for one group if the other gets my details in there successfully through the other or will it simply inform them that mine has already been used and let the rest of their group through?

Thanks

1 minute ago, AndrewSmith said:

Unsuccessful after four years of attempts for tickets prior to the fallow year, I'm determined to give myself the best chance of getting tickets.

My question - what happens if I give my details to two separate groups that are going? Do I mess it up for one group if the other gets my details in there successfully through the other or will it simply inform them that mine has already been used and let the rest of their group through?

Thanks

The other will not get them. Do not be that guy.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, AndrewSmith said:

Thanks

if you get through and checkout with one group and the other group try to get tickets with your code it will mess up the second group. It will say that you already have tickets allocated and then not let the others check out. Best stick to one group 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

The other will not get them. Do not be that guy.

4 minutes ago, Logan1996 said:

if you get through and checkout with one group and the other group try to get tickets with your code it will mess up the second group. It will say that you already have tickets allocated and then not let the others check out. Best stick to one group 

Brilliant, I'll avoid that as a tactic then.

Thanks both!

May be a stupid question.

My husbands details are registered with See Tickets for whenever we buy tickets for a faster checkout. The registration however for Glastonbury is my email address, does this matter? Should I register with See Tickets using my email address? 

3 minutes ago, Hills End said:

May be a stupid question.

My husbands details are registered with See Tickets for whenever we buy tickets for a faster checkout. The registration however for Glastonbury is my email address, does this matter? Should I register with See Tickets using my email address? 

95% sure your SeeTickets reg details are irrelevant when it comes to this sale. I wish they came into play as it has helped me numerous times getting tickets for gigs on SeeTickets 

9 minutes ago, AndrewSmith said:

Thanks

You will completely void the other group if/when they get in and they will all be kicked off the page. And they won't know why. You'll almost guarantee that group 2 have no chance to get tickets.

Then, you will be quite rightly beheaded by that group, and placed on a spike on top of the Pyramid Stage as scavenging wildlife peck out your eyeballs and gnaw on your flesh until theres nothing left except for what looks like poorly cooked yorkshire pudding as children try to smash it with small rocks while your shrieking evil soul resides in the depths of hell as it violently boils in Satans fiery piss for eternity. 

• Upvote 8

9 minutes ago, The Nal said:

You will completely void the other group if/when they get in and they will all be kicked off the page. And they won't know why. You'll almost guarantee that group 2 have no chance to get tickets.

Is this true? Unless my memory is deceiving me, I thought it came up with a message telling you a reg is incorrect or already used and you can just change to another? Obviously it's crucial that it's communicated quickly when someone is successful because of time but I haven't heard anything about being booted off the page straight away before. 

18 minutes ago, mufcok said:

95% sure your SeeTickets reg details are irrelevant when it comes to this sale. I wish they came into play as it has helped me numerous times getting tickets for gigs on SeeTickets 

So I can leave the registration with See tickets as it is in my husbands name. Just worried if when I get to the checkout it throws me out because the glasto registration email is different. 

4 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Is this true? Unless my memory is deceiving me, I thought it came up with a message telling you a reg is incorrect or already used and you can just change to another? Obviously it's crucial that it's communicated quickly when someone is successful because of time but I haven't heard anything about being booted off the page straight away before. 

I know it happened to one group in our spreadsheet the first time I ever tried to get a ticket. I don't think it booted them out automatically, but it took them a while to figure out what was going on, and then the system crashed and then they were fucked. I suppose technically if you can communicate quickly to your second group it would be ok, but with everything going so fast it's more difficult than it sounds I think

1 minute ago, Hills End said:

So I can leave the registration with See tickets as it is in my husbands name. Just worried if when I get to the checkout it throws me out because the glasto registration email is different. 

Yup, pretty sure the See registration is completely separate. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

I’m pretty certain It will tell you which registration number there is an issue with, you can then remove it and carry on, it doesn’t void the whole sale. Had an issue with one registration last time, but it did tell me which one, and I managed to sort it.

29 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Then, you will be quite rightly beheaded by that group, and placed on a spike on top of the Pyramid Stage as scavenging wildlife peck out your eyeballs and gnaw on your flesh until theres nothing left except for what looks like poorly cooked yorkshire pudding as children try to smash it with small rocks while your shrieking evil soul resides in the depths of hell as it violently boils in Satans fiery piss for eternity. 

I'm adding that to our group's rules. No messing!

17 minutes ago, duke88 said:

I’m pretty certain It will tell you which registration number there is an issue with, you can then remove it and carry on, it doesn’t void the whole sale. Had an issue with one registration last time, but it did tell me which one, and I managed to sort it.

Correct. I had this happen with ticket batch #2 for 2016. I was just able to delete the people who'd already had their tickets bought and complete the transaction for the others without any problems.

Its happened to me. 2011 I think. One of our group took himself and his missus out of the group without telling us on T morning as he thought their deets may be wrong, got himself and her tix (turns out the deets were correct ?), then I got in and added them and was told theres an issue with their reg blah blah (as they'd already bought tickets but didn't tell me) and tried to remove them but got turfed out via the white page of death and never got back in. 

53 minutes ago, The Nal said:

That depends on how well @H.M.V gets on with her cooking on Sunday.

5 hours ago, Stu H said:

Yes, but it only worked because SeeTickets buggered up the configuration of it

See had 4 IP addresses advertised through DNS and allocated on a round-robin basis (as they still do btw...).  Each of these represents a load-balancer (the actual Web and application servers will be behind these on internal private IP's).  Back then See used an IP range which I think began 194.168.x.x.  On ticket day it was noticed that one of 4 x IP's was actually advertised as 192.168.x.x which would be a simple configuration mistake to make as the 192.168.x.x range is commonly used as a private IP range.  What it meant however was that the 4th load-balancer was not being advertised publicly for use, and by simply adding the correct 194.168.x.x address to Host files it could be specifically resolved to and serviced ticket requests very nicely thankyou....until See spotted the error and fixed DNS,

Fingers crossed the same tech guy is on shift this weekend ?

• Upvote 1