My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

18 hours ago, karaseen said:

There are loads and it depends on your browser. I use this for chrome. Just make sure your shortcut is unique and something you normally wouldn't type.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/auto-text-expander-for-go/iibninhmiggehlcdolcilmhacighjamp?hl=en

This only works for me in the lead booker box (tried all the short keys I set up) - what am I doing wrong?!

16 minutes ago, OBface said:

This only works for me in the lead booker box (tried all the short keys I set up) - what am I doing wrong?!

It seems fairly temperamental to be honest so it probably isn’t anything you’re doing wrong.

Try it out in the comment box on here. Of my 8 shortcuts (4 reference numbers and 4 postcodes) only 6 seem to work - but a different 6 each time :lol: 

Edited by DareToDibble

18 minutes ago, OBface said:

Like has been mentioned it seemed temperamental. If it didn't work the first time. I delete it and it worked the second. Sometimes it works all of the time. I have no idea! InFormEnter works all of the time for me. Try that.

I think I'm getting a bit confused now, but did someone post before something about how your registration could be blocked (or something) if you cheated your way further down the process through a link? I may have dreamed that I suppose.... But if someone did post that, is that the same for the host file hack??

In other news, I have just learnt how to hack host files. Reasonably impressive for someone who didn't even know there were such a thing as host files a couple of weeks ago :lol: Although, surely if you get a ticket that way, it's a constant worry that See will somehow figure it out and strip you of said ticket??

Edited by Sasperella

Using a posted link may or may not help on the day depending on how the system is set up this year. In the past is has helped I believe, but less so or maybe not at all in recent years. There was some suggestion that using a full URL to the page could be seen as malicious by the system and therefore stopped, but its up to See whether they build that policy into the system. Certainly the ability to do this exists in firewalls and on any modern http server or http load balancer.

IP's to front end load balancers sometimes get published during the sale, and again its up to you if you use them in your hosts file (or even directly as https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx in your browser). It helped a lot once in the past when it turned out that incorrect IP's had been registered on public DNS and someone managed to find out and post what the active ones for the front end were. When its working normally however, I can see little if any advantage in using them as your initial hit to the site will result in that IP being cached on your client for the TTL time specified for the record - your client will not need to keep resolving it over and over again every time you press F5!

15 hours ago, Radi0Head said:

If you're on windows 10 open settings by clicking the windows icon in the bottom left then click Updates and Security. Finally click check for updates, install any updates and reboot your computer. Hope this helps

It's also possible to stop all update activity by selecting Advanced Options and turning on Pause Updates.

( you may want to undo this after the sale)

11 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Yep. Worked once when it was discovered that you could bypass the load balancer and go direct to a server that was underutilized. 

Yes, but it only worked because SeeTickets buggered up the configuration of it.

Forcing your machine to a specific IP won't make any difference normally.

In fact, you might be limiting your chances by doing so.

Edited by Stu H

17 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Didn’t the host file hack work once a few years ago and has never worked since?

Yes, I think it's just one of those things that's only worth knowing if a certain (unlikely) circumstance occurs. However, I am impressed with my new found tech skills either way :)

2 minutes ago, panasonic2011 said:

No I wasn't thinking of cheating as such just wondered why the link had changed. 

Not you specifically. People trying to get technological advanced over others. Join the lottery which means no risk of getting blacked and see what happens. Technological advances, really bloody piss me off. (Arctic Monkeys pun intended - I am sorry).

13 minutes ago, clarkete said:

No.  Twice if you're old enough, but with many years of standard misery in between.

What years were they btw - my mind is hazy. Recent one was 2015 or something wasn't it, but the previous was way back at end of noughties or something?

You've been going every year since the year dot - what's your secret? ;)

I think SeeTickets can see us trying different URLs so they'e taken the pages down - the pages redirect to https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras - the cycle sale one from earlier is the same. Yesterday the cycle page simply said that registrations are invalid, which suggests the page was 'live'.

In previous years i've tried using these links (arriving before the sale, entering details and submitting) and i've just been kicked to the Busy page. I've also tried using the link while the sale is on and have the same results.

Does anyone know if See might block certain IP ranges from well known VPN providers? Previously when i've gone on websites using VPN i've been asked to pass the CAPTCHA tests from Google, or their website verifies my IP using the CloudFlare system. If so I'm thinking only one device on VPN as this could otherwise be a risk. I expect VPNs which companies use (Cisco AnyConnect and similar services) would be fine, but perhaps commercial ones could be on blacklists.

18 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

I think SeeTickets can see us trying different URLs so they'e taken the pages down - the pages redirect to https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras - the cycle sale one from earlier is the same. Yesterday the cycle page simply said that registrations are invalid, which suggests the page was 'live'.

In previous years i've tried using these links (arriving before the sale, entering details and submitting) and i've just been kicked to the Busy page. I've also tried using the link while the sale is on and have the same results.

Does anyone know if See might block certain IP ranges from well known VPN providers? Previously when i've gone on websites using VPN i've been asked to pass the CAPTCHA tests from Google, or their website verifies my IP using the CloudFlare system. If so I'm thinking only one device on VPN as this could otherwise be a risk. I expect VPNs which companies use (Cisco AnyConnect and similar services) would be fine, but perhaps commercial ones could be on blacklists.

It's possible that they block some VPNs. Depends where the traffic is being routed from.

I'm going to stick my neck out here; I can't find any senior security people at SeeTickets. So I think they're probably not as mature of some major internet names. But anything is possible.