My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

8 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I've got this horrible feeling that I'll be successful, but none of my friends will be. If that's the case, what the hell do I do? Are there any Facebook groups or whatever for solo punters?

There’s a clubs feature on this site which is perfect for setting up groups. You’re never alone at Glastonbury though 

1 minute ago, Badlands said:

I've asked this before with no response but does anyone know whether See or the Glastonbury specific version require Verified by Visa at all? For some reason transactions do not complete on this with the laptop I have.

None of that stuff is turned on.

16 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

how do i check if my laptop needs updating at all? I'm not particularly tech savvy....

If you're on windows 10 open settings by clicking the windows icon in the bottom left then click Updates and Security. Finally click check for updates, install any updates and reboot your computer. Hope this helps

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

does it matter if someone has two registrations?

The recently uploaded glastonbury FAQ has an answer. Quote.

It’s ok to have multiple registrations (even linked to the same email account), however we’d recommend deleting any old registrations you no longer require.

If you plan to book tickets for the Festival, please make sure that the registration you use is one with your name and photo and that the photo is of passport standard and a good recent likeness.

To delete any old or duplicate registrations that are no longer required, please request a list of all your registrations and click the delete option next to the registrations you would like to be removed.

End quote

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/2019-ticket-sale-faq/

I saw someone mention earlier about pitting the car holders details in first. That's me in our group but my bank address is different to my Glastonbury one as I have just moved. Updated my bank address last week but not Glasto as I didn't want to risk changing anything this close. (The registered postcode is my mums house so no issues with delivery etc).

Is there a way to change the billing address on the payment screen should I/we be lucky enough to get through that far? I would hate for that to be the thing that stopped us getting tickets!

Me and mrs flash are going in with 8 others. Current plan is a group of 6 and a group of 4. 

But what if me and mrs flash are in both groups, making 2 groups of 6 and we double our chances. 

Nice move, I know, but could it balls things up? If one group gets through first, could it mess it up for the second group? Or would that just be a problem if both groups get through at the same time?

Just now, Green.flash said:

Me and mrs flash are going in with 8 others. Current plan is a group of 6 and a group of 4. 

But what if me and mrs flash are in both groups, making 2 groups of 6 and we double our chances. 

Nice move, I know, but could it balls things up? If one group gets through first, could it mess it up for the second group? Or would that just be a problem if both groups get through at the same time?

If one gets through and purchases your tickets, when the second group try the sale will fail because your registration number has already got a ticket against it. Potential balls up for the second group.

3 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

If one gets through and purchases your tickets, when the second group try the sale will fail because your registration number has already got a ticket against it. Potential balls up for the second group.

Ah, thought that might be the case. I presume if the sale fails you get kicked back out into the queue?

1 minute ago, Green.flash said:

Ah, thought that might be the case. I presume if the sale fails you get kicked back out into the queue?

Yes. You won't be too popular if that happens!! Although technically, yes, the chances of you and your wife getting tickets would be doubled! 

6 minutes ago, Green.flash said:

No, you stop in the payment page, having the chance to correct a typo (like my mate's postcode one year) or deleting those entries that Seetickets tell you already have tickets.

32 minutes ago, carlosj said:

No, you stop in the payment page, having the chance to correct a typo (like my mate's postcode one year) or deleting those entries that Seetickets tell you already have tickets.

Okay, cool. Looks like we may get end up filling the group, but it’s goid to know. Might have to prioritise mrs flash though, she’s the lynchpin. 

Cheers for the advice both. 

2 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

I saw someone mention earlier about pitting the car holders details in first. That's me in our group but my bank address is different to my Glastonbury one as I have just moved. Updated my bank address last week but not Glasto as I didn't want to risk changing anything this close. (The registered postcode is my mums house so no issues with delivery etc).

Is there a way to change the billing address on the payment screen should I/we be lucky enough to get through that far? I would hate for that to be the thing that stopped us getting tickets!

It just means you will need to add the address the card is registered to at the payment section rather than click it’s the same as the lead booker. 

Maybe an idea to have those details ready to copy and paste over too 

1 hour ago, CeriG said:

It just means you will need to add the address the card is registered to at the payment section rather than click it’s the same as the lead booker. 

Maybe an idea to have those details ready to copy and paste over too 

Ah ok. Thought this might be the case. Thanks!

18 minutes ago, Dronx said:

Any estimates of what percentage of tickets go on sale tomorrow? 

All I can find is that 15,000 were sold for the 2016 festival.

I assume more were made available for 2017 and maybe even more for next year with the festival commiting to green travelling.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I've got this horrible feeling that I'll be successful, but none of my friends will be. If that's the case, what the hell do I do? Are there any Facebook groups or whatever for solo punters?

Why don't you buy your tickets together?!

12 hours ago, carlosj said:

In theory you can change it, but one of my friends (and a fair few people on here) have had this happen to them, and the system has crashed, or they haven't know which reg already has a ticket, and in the very short minutes you have to sort the error out, the tickets had gone! Not worth the risk in my opinion. Obvs if you realise a ticket has been bought for you, you can get let the second group know in advance, but everything moves so quickly....

2 hours ago, Green.flash said:

Agreed. But what’s popularity when you’ve got the golden tickets!1

Haha that's true. I guess you could hedge your bets by making sure you don't really like anyone in either of the two teams of six you're trying for tickets with, but then you might actually end up going to Glastonbury with some, if not all of them.