My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

28 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I have a question on this - just tried it and only some of them seem to work... but oddly it seems to change which ones want to work and which ones don't?

I've tried GR1-5 and PC1-5 as well as the persons initials with 1 or 2 after (1 for reg number and 2 for postcode).

Any idea why it would do this?

Shit. It was working for me yesterday but just tried and its not working today! GAH!!!!

Getting further into the 2017 sale thread (busy day at work..), I completely forgot about that refreshinator app. I've never used it, think it's just an apple thing as well and I don't have a mac/iphone. Did that lead to a lot of problems last time?

Edited by mufcok

8 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Getting further into the 2017 sale thread (busy day at work..), I completely forgot about that refreshinator app. I've never used it, think it's just an apple thing as well and I don't have a mac/iphone. Did that lead to a lot of problems last time?

It was awful and just blocked everyone. They got a lot of bad reviews after the glasto ticket sales.

they say they have improved it but I’m not going to bother. It definitely exceeds the refresh less than 60 theory.

7 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Apologies if this has been covered but can someone tell me what bank details are required if you get to payment page? Just sorting our groups spreadsheets. Is it:

Name on card

Long Number

Sort Code

3 Numbers on back?

Is the address of that person required?

Not the sort code.... just the following (and in that order)

Long number

valid from (not always needed)

expiry

security code off the back

only address will be needed if it’s different to lead booker... if not it will auto fill the lead bookers address

lead booker always pays with us to save having to enter any more details unnecessarily 

Edited by CeriG

3 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Apologies if this has been covered but can someone tell me what bank details are required if you get to payment page? Just sorting our groups spreadsheets. Is it:

Name on card

Long Number

Sort Code

3 Numbers on back?

Is the address of that person required?

Yes that's it, including the registered address of the cardholder and the 'expires' date (month/year)

If the cardholder is entered as the lead booker (in YOUR DETAILS), then their address as registered with GF will be filled in as the cardholder's address automatically - extra seconds saved!

Edited by billum

43 minutes ago, buffy394 said:

Anyone else find that more people seem to want to go after a fallow year?

40 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Yep huge demand. Even just when I speak to more people who could possibly try and go are all saying they are trying this year. Like i mentioned the other week the demand to volunteer this year is higher too. 

I'm not sure actually - there's a few new people going, but also a lot of the old timers aren't in for various reasons. I think overall at least with people I know, it kind of/almost evens out

12 minutes ago, billum said:

If the cardholder is entered as the lead booker (in YOUR DETAILS), then their address as registered with GF will be filled in as the cardholder's address automatically - extra seconds saved!

I've finally changed the address my bank card is registered to this week, 14 years after moving out of my parents house, just because someone on efestivals mentioned the seconds it could save...:lol:

2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I've finally changed the address my bank card is registered to this week, 14 years after moving out of my parents house, just because someone on efestivals mentioned the seconds it could save...:lol:

There are soooo many ways Glasto has positive effects on people's lives.... what a Force for Good in the world!

5 hours ago, flamehead said:

i had a read at this, absolutely loving how people help each other out on here by getting others their tickets!!  Will definitely be on here Sunday to help as much as I can! Made me so nervous reading the panic tho!

Last Glasto a complete stranger got me and my husband tx on the day. If you do get tx please stay on the forum and help others.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, flyleen said:

Last Glasto a complete stranger got me and my husband tx on the day. If you do get tx please stay on the forum and help others.

I did last time, can't remember who it was for.

I sorted mine, then within a few minutes on another device, I got the landing page again. I'm afraid I just picked someone from random on here who had left their reg details!

Edited by Stu H
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Stu H said:

I sorted mine, then within a few minutes on another device, I got the landing page again. I'm afraid I just picked someone from random on here who had left their reg details!

INCREDIBLY kind thing to do. You deserve a ticket this year for that alone! 

Might be a silly question but just wondering then if they hold the ticket page for you for 6 minutes but your tickets aren't safe until the payment is processed, what's the point? Is it just the session/chance to buy them that's held for 6 minutes and theoretically it could sell out whilst you're going through this process? All this talk in here's confused me.

8 minutes ago, D-Low said:

Might be a silly question but just wondering then if they hold the ticket page for you for 6 minutes but your tickets aren't safe until the payment is processed, what's the point? Is it just the session/chance to buy them that's held for 6 minutes and theoretically it could sell out whilst you're going through this process? All this talk in here's confused me.

Yes, the session you have with the ticket server lasts for 6 minutes, so nothing is held for you, it just means that on top of everything else, you have to make sure you fill in all the details correctly within 6 minutes or else you're chucked out and you're back to square one!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stu H said:

Yep. 

There were reg details everywhere. During the resale, I actually phoned someone off here - who I'd never met and sorted their ticket. Then boxed someone else off. I got through a third time but it wouldn't go through. 

Curious thing is that on the actual sale I couldn't get through for myself! 

I'll be doing the same Sunday for sure.

I have been a volunteer for FMS for 10 years on the ambulance team, and I'm asking for your help please.
My 2 best friends are 50 next year and are desperate to celebrate in the best place on Earth.
Please ,if you have space, could you add them you ticket list.
We would be so grateful xx
Michele Farrell- 1772621398 TQ46HA
Sharon Pierce- 2112685378 TQ32AD

Thank you xx

6 minutes ago, Earthwindandfire2205 said:

I have been a volunteer for FMS for 10 years on the ambulance team, and I'm asking for your help please.
My 2 best friends are 50 next year and are desperate to celebrate in the best place on Earth.

Thank you xx

DM me, maybe can be added to one of our groups that’s not yet full. One of my friends runs the FMS btw 

5 minutes ago, Earthwindandfire2205 said:

Thank you xx

you still haven't found any groups on here or fb then ? 

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I've got this horrible feeling that I'll be successful, but none of my friends will be. If that's the case, what the hell do I do? Are there any Facebook groups or whatever for solo punters?

there's solo camper threads on here nearer the time dont worry :)