My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

5 minutes ago, CeriG said:

If I log onto the remote connection to my work pc from home will I be using our home internet or works internet?

Asking because works internet is stupidly good.... 192 mbps download.

I did an internet speed check thing on the same laptop and the browser logged in via work VPN was a lot faster. Don't know if the speed makes any difference but I will give it a go anyway!

2 minutes ago, billum said:

I *think* if your mum is connected to your remote desktop from home, while you're using that machine at work yourself too, she's basically using the same IP address as you, so no help there

Be better if she simply used that same computer at home on your home broadband, wouldn't it? Extra IP and all that

Yeah she is going to try.... just wondered if having faster broadband through work would help.... but will stick with the extra IP addresses option.

Just now, rubenz said:

I did an internet speed check thing on the same laptop and the browser logged in via work VPN was a lot faster. Don't know if the speed makes any difference but I will give it a go anyway!

Same here.... remote connection is stupidly faster.

2 minutes ago, Superscally said:

So...everyone going on about hotkeys and autofill. Surely once you're through you have a few minutes to complete, so barring you having a fit, or a crash when you submit, that hot keys won't save you from, what's the point? Just wondering if I've got the wrong end of the stick here?

Tickets aren't allocated until your payment is processed, so they're selling out at a rate of knots while you're leisurely filling out your registrations and address details one character at a time...

1 minute ago, billum said:

Tickets aren't allocated until your payment is processed, so they're selling out at a rate of knots while you're leisurely filling out your registrations and address details one character at a time...

Are you sure? I know it doesn't have a countdown ticker like for Ticketmaster, but I have never seen a ticket platform EVER that doesn't hold tickets for a few minutes while you are inputting details. I'm not saying you're wrong here (I genuinely don't know and typing doesn't allow me to show my quizzical face here...), but what evidence do you have that this particular gig is different?  

1 minute ago, Superscally said:

Are you sure? I know it doesn't have a countdown ticker like for Ticketmaster, but I have never seen a ticket platform EVER that doesn't hold tickets for a few minutes while you are inputting details. I'm not saying you're wrong here (I genuinely don't know and typing doesn't allow me to show my quizzical face here...), but what evidence do you have that this particular gig is different?  

It says that your tickets are not reserved until payment is completed.

9 minutes ago, Superscally said:

So...everyone going on about hotkeys and autofill. Surely once you're through you have a few minutes to complete, so barring you having a fit, or a crash when you submit, that hot keys won't save you from, what's the point? Just wondering if I've got the wrong end of the stick here?

They aren't guaranteed. Others can beat you to it. You will just get thrown out if you don't complete in 6 minutes.  Also I'm shaking like a shitting dog so they fewer number of keystrokes the better. 

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Okay, so at what point am I "safe" so long as there's no massive disaster or powercut or whatever? Once I'm entering payment details, is everything okay?

Not until payment is processed. GF don't actually take the money right away, AFAICT, but the card has to pass various validity checks as you hit the submit button, and only then are tickets allocated against your registrations

6 minutes ago, billum said:

Not until payment is processed. GF don't actually take the money right away, AFAICT, but the card has to pass various validity checks as you hit the submit button, and only then are tickets allocated against your registrations

After the re-sale GF took 8 days to take the payment from my bank , something that my bank had no knowledge of anyone requesting to take 1,000 for the four tickets. That was a very nervous nervous week 

Been following the thread and this multiple pcs in the same house is confusing.

Ive used 1 pc for the last few years but now have two in the house, im scared of this 60 second refresh thing.

The advice here is to use a vpn (which i have ) however if you are connected to that and other people are connected to the same VPN then surely you have the same issue no?

2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

@Zoo Music Girl - how many new pages on this thread do we have to hit in a day before we hit the normal level of panic? It definitely seems to have ramped up a bit here since this morning!

Don't know - it might just be that everyone is keeping it more in the one thread than normal, rather than starting new ones for every question!

2 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Glad to be of service. :)
How do I set up dem hotkeys then? :D

There are loads and it depends on your browser. I use this for chrome. Just make sure your shortcut is unique and something you normally wouldn't type.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/auto-text-expander-for-go/iibninhmiggehlcdolcilmhacighjamp?hl=en

2 hours ago, mufcok said:

Just clocked a few more pages into the 2017 Ticket Sale thread that someone got tickets 5 minutes after the 'Sold Out' message went up.. food for thought

Given they give you 6 minutes to make a transaction and then re-release the tickets, there could realistically be some that become available up to 6 minutes after it 'sells out' this year. I'd keep trying for a good 10 minutes after that point. Chances would be extremely slim, but slim is better than zero.

Edited by kalifire

Anyone old enough to remember times when folks using orange as their ISP seemed to have more success than others?

I've had times in the last couple of years when I used one machine at home, another VPN'd into work, a virtual machine that I launched at home to VPN to another address. 

One year I didn't even get a sniff and my sis got them on her Ipad over the mobey network. 

Another year I didn't get a sniff until the hosts hack was shared on here - and with the latter I spent far too long thinking I was being clever and just going directly to the IP rather than actually editing my hosts and nearly missed the boat.

6 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

Been following the thread and this multiple pcs in the same house is confusing.

Ive used 1 pc for the last few years but now have two in the house, im scared of this 60 second refresh thing.

The advice here is to use a vpn (which i have ) however if you are connected to that and other people are connected to the same VPN then surely you have the same issue no?

I wouldn't worry about the refresh thing too much.

Unless you still plan on hammering the bejesus out of the F5 key even though the page hasn't fully loaded yet