My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

That rush when 9am clocks in is unreal.

For me, it’s that moment perhaps 3 or 4 minutes before 9am, when it’s time to focus and start early refreshes. eFestivals is minimised and the screen is set up (ticket window(s), document with all the info readily available, etc.). 

You’re then looking straight down the barrel of Glastonbury fate. Nervous but focussed glances at the clock, then it begins. Soon after 9am, the initial voices start to nag - this isn’t going to happen - but you persevere. Keep on keeping on. F5, F5, F5. 

Until, eventually, you’re through. Palms sweaty, you move at speed hoping against hope you have all details correct and enter them accurately. First screen done, you’re at the second and this is it. You’re one click away from next year’s festival. Please don’t let it sell out between now and when you press submit. 

Second screen submitted and you’ve done it! The relief, the elation. That anxious wait for the confirmation email. That realisation you’re now available to help others and tickets are still out there. 

It’s the most nerve shredding hour of the year. 

Edited by kalifire
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, kalifire said:

For me, it’s that moment perhaps 3 or 4 minutes before 9am, when it’s time to focus and start early refreshes. eFestivals is minimised and the screen is set up (ticket window(s), document with all the info readily available, etc.). 

You’re then looking straight down the barrel of Glastonbury fate. Nervous but focussed glances at the clock, then it begins. Soon after 9am, the initial voices start to nag - this isn’t going to happen - but you persevere. Keep on keeping on. F5, F5, F5. 

Until, eventually, you’re through. Palms sweaty, you move at speed hoping against hope you have all details correct and enter them accurately. First screen done, you’re at the second and this is it. You’re one click away from next year’s festival. Please don’t let it sell out between now and when you press submit. 

Second screen submitted and you’ve done it! The relief, the elation. That anxious wait for the confirmation email. That realisation you’re now available to help others and tickets are still out there. 

It’s the most nerve shredding hour of the year. 

Absolutely spot on.

16 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Not sure about coaches, but main sale is always just slightly quicker than last time isn’t it? I assume they configure it with that in mind.

Main sales in October (year quoted is year of the festival) :
2009 - Sold out in February
2010 - 12 hours
2011 - 4 hours
2013 - 1 hour 40 minutes

2014 - 1 hour 27 minutes

2015 - 26 minutes

2016 - 33 minutes

2017 - 50 minutes

Coach Sales:

2014 - 28 minutes 

2015 - 15 minutes
2016 - 23 minutes
2017 - 22 minutes

8 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

2010 - 12 hours
2011 - 4 hours
2013 - 1 hour 40 minutes

2014 - 1 hour 27 minutes

2015 - 26 minutes

2016 - 33 minutes

2017 - 50 minutes

Coach Sales:

2014 - 28 minutes 

2015 - 15 minutes
2016 - 23 minutes
2017 - 22 minutes

Lies, damned lies, and statistics. 

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

Second screen submitted and you’ve done it! The relief, the elation.

You missed the OMG i did it but i'm shaking that much I can't text my mates to let them know and when you do start typing your fingers press all the wrong letters and you have to delete and re-type and then you finally hit send and it's like shit I'm going, I'm really going...I need some air and then the WhatsApp flurry of texts all day :-)

51 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

2010 - 12 hours
2011 - 4 hours
2013 - 1 hour 40 minutes

2014 - 1 hour 27 minutes

2015 - 26 minutes

2016 - 33 minutes

2017 - 50 minutes

Coach Sales:

2014 - 28 minutes 

2015 - 15 minutes
2016 - 23 minutes
2017 - 22 minutes

Those 26 minutes in 2015 were particularly harrowing :( 

Edited by Sasperella

48 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Those 26 minutes in 2015 were particularly harrowing :( 

That year there were three of us all trying for each other. I couldn’t get anywhere and had that horrible heart sinking moment I realised it was all over. Sold out. I sent a message of apology to the others, one of whom replied that they’d actually succeeded in getting tickets for all of us about ten minutes earlier, but didn’t say anything. 

we don’t nee See tickets account do we? My email is linked to see tickets anyway but I deffo didn’t log into see tickets, I did it through the Link on the Glastonbury website. 

Others are asking if they need to set up a see tickets account. 

Ive only ever bought tickets once and suddenly panicking 

Edited by CeriG

Set up early. Test everything in the week.

Set up TeamViewer or Remote Desktop to your work computer or to friends/relatives' computers.

Borrow extra monitors or grab your old one from the loft for remote sessions.

Set up an extra session on a laptop or old computer if you have one, hook this up to the internet via USB tethering to your phone's Mobile data connection.

Refresh each session using F5 for about a minute in each separate session then move cyclically to the next

47 minutes ago, CeriG said:

we don’t nee See tickets account do we? My email is linked to see tickets anyway but I deffo didn’t log into see tickets, I did it through the Link on the Glastonbury website. 

Others are asking if they need to set up a see tickets account. 

Ive only ever bought tickets once and suddenly panicking 

no no no ...just through Glastonbury site ticket link 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Northern Soul said:

Indeed! I got tickets at 0925hrs that year?.

3 hours ago, kalifire said:

That year there were three of us all trying for each other. I couldn’t get anywhere and had that horrible heart sinking moment I realised it was all over. Sold out. I sent a message of apology to the others, one of whom replied that they’d actually succeeded in getting tickets for all of us about ten minutes earlier, but didn’t say anything. 

That year sadly nothing none of us got anywhere. I think the shock was just how quick it was all over - it was met by a lot of disbelief as I recall. By the time the resales were up, none of my friends were up for it anymore. But I was still a relative newbie then. Missing out again now would feel worse I think. 

4 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I can't recall, do we know why 2017 was twice as long as the other more recent years?

Oh god.....perhaps we were all hitting F5 like lunatics and exceeding the refresh rate....whilst everyone else was strolling in and wondering what the fuss was about?

ME: Going a bit slow this year isn't it Em?

EM: Yeah....the Efests lot are a bit quiet too.....they did get the right date didn't they?

?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Seetickets DO now use a bot blocking product. I don't know which one yet, but it doesn't really matter.

I could put a separate thread about the specifics of how these work, if of interest (I work for a number of major internet brands in cyber security).

Basically, anything automated will get blocked. But many tabs, with a large amount of hits from the same IP, will struggle to get through.

If you're going to use multiple machines in the same household, I'd advise trying via a VPN, a different one per machine.

4 minutes ago, Stu H said:

Seetickets DO now use a bot blocking product. I don't know which one yet, but it doesn't really matter.

I could put a separate thread about the specifics of how these work, if of interest (I work for a number of major internet brands in cyber security).

Basically, anything automated will get blocked. But many tabs, with a large amount of hits from the same IP, will struggle to get through.

If you're going to use multiple machines in the same household, I'd advise trying via a VPN, a different one per machine.

Is this just incase they mistake you for a bot? What if you're on a university/office network for example? 

And...urm....how would I get a VPN?

You don't need a VPN. Just have your PC connected to the wifi in your house and get a laptop connected to the internet via 4G on your phone. Thats 2 different devices on 2 different IPs. You cant effectively use more than 2 devices at once anyway. Instead of bring all your mates around to your house to try for tickets get them to do it from their own houses so you're all on different IPs.

Just now, Madyaker said:

You don't need a VPN. Just have your PC connected to the wifi in your house and get a laptop connected to the internet via 4G on your phone. Thats 2 different devices on 2 different IPs. You cant effectively use more than 2 devices at once anyway. Instead of bring all your mates around to your house to try for tickets get them to do it from their own houses so you're all on different IPs.

Thanks for the wise advice. I seem to recall a few years ago I attempted to have around 8 pages on the go via 3 devices,  2 on the same IP, and of course got nowhere. Less is more (perhaps).

15 minutes ago, Stu H said:

I'll certainly follow your advice, for interest I'd like to learn more of the specifics so please do post...

5 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Good point :)