My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

Quick question kind folks and sorry for hi-jacking the thread ..

We have 3 groups trying for tickets, total of 16 people.  2 x groups of 6 and 1 x group of 4.  We are all in Ireland bar 2 who live in England.  The 2 in England are in one of the groups of 6.  Will there be a problem if say the person in England gets through and puts in the Irish registration numbers (along with the 2 English reg no's) and pays with an English card ?  And vice versa if person in Ireland gets through, puts in the 2 English reg numbers (along with the 4 Irish regs) and pays with a credit card ? 

11 minutes ago, Hugh with a P said:

Quick question kind folks and sorry for hi-jacking the thread ..

We have 3 groups trying for tickets, total of 16 people.  2 x groups of 6 and 1 x group of 4.  We are all in Ireland bar 2 who live in England.  The 2 in England are in one of the groups of 6.  Will there be a problem if say the person in England gets through and puts in the Irish registration numbers (along with the 2 English reg no's) and pays with an English card ?  And vice versa if person in Ireland gets through, puts in the 2 English reg numbers (along with the 4 Irish regs) and pays with a credit card ? 

I don;t think there would be any problem,

last time i bought 6 tickets and three of them lived in Abu Dhabi

It's the lead booker's location for the payment card. We got tickets for friends in Spain & Holland but paid all the deposits on my debit card - they PayPal'd me their deposit once they got the confirmation email.

They used their own cards to pay the balance in April.

As for lockouts for pressing F5 too fast = grey screen or no countdown timer.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

As for lockouts for pressing F5 too fast = grey screen or no countdown timer.

This is also confusing. I thought the grey/white screen was to do with something that required you to clear cache (cookies maybe?) and that the no countdown timer was just a change see tickets implemented - e.g. none of the screens count down anyone, thus making it super hard to know if your pressing F5 too quickly, rather than caused because you were pressing it too quickly. Without wanting to trawl back through all three ticket- tip threads, I'm sure it was @parsonjack that said something about this??? Definitely good to be clear on this because if on the day the screen isn't counting down, it could cause a freakout when actually it's just a change See have made.

Also, on the topic of refreshing less than once a second - is that about actually pressing F5 that much or pressing F5 that quickly after the new page has loaded. Im sure my page takes more than one second to lode during the ticket sale!

I had a bank of 4 PC's using a page refresh app set to 5 seconds and the wife was using her mac and tablet all on the same internet connection (i was using my tablet to monitor Twitter & efest). We all got the grey/white screen and even cleaning the cache wouldn't get us back to the "site too busy" screen - I left a couple of PC's running long after the sale finished and they only started getting to the Sold Out page about lunchtime.

This year I'm taking no chances - 1 PC +1 PC VPN'd so I appear to be in Europe + Laptop tethered to 4G phone. Tablet for twitter/efest. Wife on her MAC.

Will also be going for coach tickets (even though I'd prefer not to camp and the wife wont camp so I'll be Solo again) and if successful will attempt to get a normal ticket for the wife on Sunday (She'll drive down in the CV and I'll decamp out to east CV when she arrives and go home from there).

Personally I think three devices is the most you can realistically monitor/operate and not get flustered/make mistakes on T-Day.

9 minutes ago, One Tonne Baby said:

Anyone get an email from Glasto confirming dates and registration details?

Only issue is i changed my photo and postcode and got a confirmation but this email had the old details in?

Stand down...Just noticed that it says this before the reg details...As at 12:38 12/09/2016 the following details were associated with your email address (please note any changes to your registration details since this time will not be reflected below):

Weird date and time to use...

Edited by One Tonne Baby

23 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

This is also confusing. I thought the grey/white screen was to do with something that required you to clear cache (cookies maybe?) and that the no countdown timer was just a change see tickets implemented - e.g. none of the screens count down anyone, thus making it super hard to know if your pressing F5 too quickly, rather than caused because you were pressing it too quickly. Without wanting to trawl back through all three ticket- tip threads, I'm sure it was @parsonjack that said something about this??? Definitely good to be clear on this because if on the day the screen isn't counting down, it could cause a freakout when actually it's just a change See have made.

Also, on the topic of refreshing less than once a second - is that about actually pressing F5 that much or pressing F5 that quickly after the new page has loaded. Im sure my page takes more than one second to lode during the ticket sale!

Yes...it seems to be that the 20 second timer has not counted down since See started throwing the 'busy' page if you make 60+ page requests in a rolling 60 seconds. It's normal behaviour therefore. 

Ref hitting F5 you can hit it again as soon as the 'busy' page loads...if the time between hitting F5 is more than 1 sec then you're fine. 

5 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

I had a bank of 4 PC's using a page refresh app set to 5 seconds and the wife was using her mac and tablet all on the same internet connection (i was using my tablet to monitor Twitter & efest). We all got the grey/white screen and even cleaning the cache wouldn't get us back to the "site too busy" screen - I left a couple of PC's running long after the sale finished and they only started getting to the Sold Out page about lunchtime.

This year I'm taking no chances - 1 PC +1 PC VPN'd so I appear to be in Europe + Laptop tethered to 4G phone. Tablet for twitter/efest. Wife on her MAC.

Will also be going for coach tickets (even though I'd prefer not to camp and the wife wont camp so I'll be Solo again) and if successful will attempt to get a normal ticket for the wife on Sunday (She'll drive down in the CV and I'll decamp out to east CV when she arrives and go home from there).

Personally I think three devices is the most you can realistically monitor/operate and not get flustered/make mistakes on T-Day.

Yeah I'm going for three devices: work computer on the work network and then my phone and my iPad tethered to my phone. For the coach sale anyway. Not thinking about the main sale too much until we get there but might bring a laptop and an iPad to the in laws...

Just tested tethering my phone to my laptop, all good. Not tried before, thought Sunday morning at 8:57 probably cutting it a bit too fine! Spreadsheet on laptop sorted. Going to dust off the old desktop and have that with a wired connection to router, pop spreadsheet on that too. 

Fingers crossed...

I've got the reg numbers & postcodes programmed into a "hotkeys" app so I just click in the first field and press the key and it fills in the details.

My card details are in a text file (as I can't remember what details I need to type in and what are on drop-down menus so I can't macro it).

Will do windows updates on Tuesday then disable the service until after sale, reboot the router the night before, clear internet cache and check hosts file etc to ensure all's well.

Will be running wireshark in background on one PC during both T-sale days to see what infrastructure seatickets have in service.

38 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

Oh god, that sounds awful. So you think that's because across all the devices there was more than one refresh a second on the same connection? Or because of the autorefresh apps being connected? Or something else? 

I tested the external IP thing and did a practice run last night to see if I got kicked out and put in the queue when using my method of refresh once on phone then once on pc, then the laptop on auto refresh every second. I did this for a few minutes and the page didn't change to indicate that i had been kicked out (the see tickets Glasto link changes from how it is now to a page about being in a queue it you exceed 60 hits per minute, thus kicking you out). My refreshing would have been over one per second over my IP address, so I feel safe about using this method .

Sorry if this makes no sense ?

I’m totally over analysing things now and with 24 people to book for I’m absolutely shitting it. 

I have 4 people coming into my work place now on T day. If we are all on seperate laptops but on same wifi that’s fine isn’t it? May look at thethering a couple to phones also.

should I make each one of us use a different browser, ie chrome, edge etc?

Edited by CeriG

Best tip I can recommend is book a cheap holiday abroad around Ticket sale day. The two times I have done it (Greece n Tenerife) are the two least stressful Glasto ticket experiences I have ever had. Got through in under 10 mins both times and then had the joyous time of celebrating getting a ticket in the sun with beer. Alternatively if you didn't get them you'd be on holiday and soon get over it too so it's win win. Thankfully i did get them though. 

Sat there at home in your under crackers and getting the dreaded SOLD OUT notice is just not something I want to experience ever again.