My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

9 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

If you're using more than one device from the same IP-Address ensure you don't go over that figure shared between all the devices sharing the same IP-Address (or browsers/windows on the same machine). Or you could find yourself "IP Flood-blocked" out of the sale.

I've not noticed any difference for browsers - Chrome, FireFox, IE, Edge or Safari - all seem to get a fair chance of getting through on my PC's/mac's.

Got to booking page on Edge & firefox for 2016 and Chrome & IE for 2017 resale (got blocked from main sale for refreshing too quickly).

Anyone planning on running wireshark etc against the coach sales just so you can log what's in use at seatickets end?

Thanks for the heads up.... you may be able to answer this then.

I have a few people coming into my office on ticket day... if we are all on different devices does that mean we will be on different IP addresses..... or because we will be using the same wifi does that mean we will share the same outgoing IP address?

33 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

it doesn't matter who's the lead booker does it ? just having a momentary wobble 

The only difference with the lead booker (the one whose registration is in the 'YOUR DETAILS' field above all the others) is that their registered address will be automatically filled in on the payment page. So if you're paying for the deposits, it's worth putting your details in that first field, as it'll save a couple of vital seconds in filling out the address. 

The address for payment doesn't *have* to belong to any of those putting down deposits, it just has to be the correct address for the card that's being used to pay for the deposits, nothing more

3 minutes ago, franathy said:

I've just found this for Chrome, it's brilliant:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/auto-text-expander-for-go/iibninhmiggehlcdolcilmhacighjamp

Similar thing as others have mentioned for Macs, but works with Chrome and any computer I would imagine

For someone who's a bit shit with stuff like this.. does that essentially mean I could set each of my 6 reg numbers to a key on the keyboard i.e numbers 1 - 6?

9 minutes ago, billum said:

The only difference with the lead booker (the one whose registration is in the 'YOUR DETAILS' field above all the others) is that their registered address will be automatically filled in on the payment page. So if you're paying for the deposits, it's worth putting your details in that first field, as it'll save a couple of vital seconds in filling out the address. 

The address for payment doesn't *have* to belong to any of those putting down deposits, it just has to be the correct address for the card that's being used to pay for the deposits, nothing more

that's what I thought ... having done it 10+ times before :) cheers 

45 minutes ago, CeriG said:

Thanks for the heads up.... you may be able to answer this then.

I have a few people coming into my office on ticket day... if we are all on different devices does that mean we will be on different IP addresses..... or because we will be using the same wifi does that mean we will share the same outgoing IP address?

I read somewhere else on the threads that separate devices won't affect this, only if you have multiple browsers on one device as if the rule applied, people in say, student accommodation on student Wi-Fi wouldn't stand a chance. I can't remember where I read this, but it was someone techy who said it ?

Edited by Dangertappy
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I have just set up some keyboard shortcuts on my mac and all the data has just transferred over to my iPads and iPhone so fortunately only had to do this once ... so if any device gets through im ready to go ... I presume this will work for everyone if the devices are all linked up ?

Do these keyboard shortcuts always work OK? Not tried them before but it seems a no brainer with the Chrome extension posted on here.. unless I'm missing something

1 minute ago, mufcok said:

Do these keyboard shortcuts always work OK? Not tried them before but it seems a no brainer with the Chrome extension posted on here.. unless I'm missing something

yes for me they have ive put in R 1 for registration 1 etc and it will autofill when you type that in the box and saves the shaky hand mistyping if u get through and have one set up for card number ... can talk you through steps on laptop on apple devices but not on pcs im afraid 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

yes for me they have ive put in R 1 for registration 1 etc and it will autofill when you type that in the box and saves the shaky hand mistyping if u get through and have one set up for card number ... can talk you through steps on laptop on apple devices but not on pcs im afraid 

Cool, cheers. Sounds straightforward enough, just wanted to check it can't potentially cock it up and just does exactly what it says on the tin

I'll set them up next week

Just now, mufcok said:

Cool, cheers. Sounds straightforward enough, just wanted to check it can't potentially cock it up and just does exactly what it says on the tin

I'll set them up next week

is easy ... im not massively computer literate so if I can do it most people can .... it gives more time to make you get those registrations right first time so take care when typing them and you will be ready to roll ... good luck on tday 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Penrhos said:

Got to booking page on Edge & firefox for 2016 and Chrome & IE for 2017 resale (got blocked from main sale for refreshing too quickly).

Could you tell you were kicked out at the time? And if so, how? This refreshing too quick thing has come up a few times on here recently, but I didn't know of it before...but if the 20 second count down no longer counts down, I don't really know how you know if you've been locked out? :wacko:

27 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Could you tell you were kicked out at the time? And if so, how? This refreshing too quick thing has come up a few times on here recently, but I didn't know of it before...but if the 20 second count down no longer counts down, I don't really know how you know if you've been locked out? :wacko:

Yes if the page you see when you've been kicked out is identical to the normal refreshing / holding page, you can't really know which one you're on. I wonder if the URL will be the same? If it's a different URL you can look to see if it changes from what you were getting at first, but the switch might be in the cookie not the URL so looking for a URL change wouldn't help

I suppose if you make *sure* to drop below 1 refresh per second on every browser you're using now and then, then you'd be pretty sure you're not left out in the wilderness?

We won't know the answers for real until Sunday week I fear!

My group and I are torn. We always get the coach and have the option to leave from lots of different places this year (Brighton, London, Bristol and Southampton) and dunno whether to just try for one or maybe two places, or try for 3 or 4. Has anyone else had any experience dividing the possible departure points up between the group? I'm unsure if this would increase our chances or not but maybe I'm just being dim.

Edited by rhg_99

32 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

My group and I are torn. We always get the coach and have the option to leave from lots of different places this year (Brighton, London, Bristol and Southampton) and dunno whether to just try for one or maybe two places, or try for 3 or 4. Has anyone else had any experience dividing the possible departure points up between the group? I'm unsure if this would increase our chances or not but maybe I'm just being dim.

My gut says split up and try for different places, but sadly I have absolutely no data (and alas, no Thingy) to back this up.